de GIVENCHY

Vintage Eau de Toilette

2766499829_5a22093478.jpg

Rain and thunder are raging over Denmark,
so finally I can get back to my heavier loves,
and leave those semi-dull fresh frags on the
shelf. How I could forget the power of this
fragrance for so many years is beyond me,
it's more than beautiful. And back to stay!

Last edited:

sophi

Mar 8, 2010
GooD Morning !Wish you all a nice Tuesday :)

morning_butterflies_by_Blepharopsis.jpg

I am in MaxMara Perfume today :) Sugary floral fresh:) ...

ineespenes

Apr 27, 2006
Good morning everyone:) I went to see the doctor to check my eye again today, and it's almost all good. Can probably start to read for the exam in a few days.Can't wait because I'm starting to feel a bit restless! Sotd is L by Lolita Lempicka.

Divatologist

Feb 4, 2007
I waited too late to post my scent of the day for Monday. So, I guess I'll post it for today since I cmae in at 11pm last night lol. I'm wearing Coromandel. I love this on freshly exfoliated skin. It's heavenly. Have a good day y'all!

mel_lou

Dec 22, 2009
I'm in my favourite ever:

2ylqnsw.jpg

I love it all through the year. In the winter it warms me; in the summer it jumps off my skin. *hearts*

Divatologist, I'm wowing over your Coromandel. I can't wait to try that! And ineespenes, congratulations on your eye! That's really good news. :)

Last edited:

petruccijc

Dec 5, 2007
My SOTD is Parfums DelRae Eau Illuminee.

Notes include bergamot, basil, French lavender, wild aromatic herbs, vanilla, tonka bean, and orris.

37903.jpg

Mr. G

Apr 18, 2007
Guerlain's Vetiver - a most wonderful 2002 edition I found in Corsica. It seems that the green juice version has been changed as often as Mitsouko has in the last ten years...

4788203480_fb70bee07b_b.jpg

whitelace

Apr 22, 2010

YSATIS
de GIVENCHY

Vintage Eau de Toilette

2766499829_5a22093478.jpg

Rain and thunder are raging over Denmark,
so finally I can get back to my heavier loves,
and leave those semi-dull fresh frags on the
shelf. How I could forget the power of this
fragrance for so many years is beyond me,
it's more than beautiful. And back to stay!

Aha, great minds think alike today with a couple of heavy hitters. I chose Dior's Poison, as it just felt like nothing but a sillage monster would do. I know you think Poison is glorious too. :grin:

Have a great day, everyone!

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
Haunani, talk to me about Miller Harris Fleurs de Sel. I know it's a fave of yours. The heated stench of the first few minutes on my wrists is almost more than I can bear. It's just me, isn't it?

I've sampled FdS before (the perfume, not the feminine hygiene spray of the same initials) and cowered. Last night, in a fit of bravery, I applied some to the top of my hand and held on for dear life. After 20 minutes of an unpleasant smell of black pepper burning on red-hot iron, I began to catch glimpses of a gorgeous floral, as long as I didn't get my nose too close to my skin where the burning smell smoldered on.

I know I'm very sensitive to spices or anything that connotes heat in scent, so I'm curious what others' perceptions are about the top notes of FdS or to hear your guesses as to what note is registering so hot in my nose. Thanks, Peeps.

Notes: rosemary, thyme, clary sage, angelica; iris, rose and narcissus; leather, amber, oakmoss and vetiver.

P.S.
Sophi, wow, wow, wow, what an image!

Last edited:

JeanieE

May 29, 2010
DSH's perfume essense oil "Egyptian Musk." more sillage and-or projection than most perfume oils. Bought several samples on her website; trying out her line of "skin scents." they are beautiful! This one seems a tiny bit cinnamin like

30 Roses

Oct 8, 2007
I have a few Diptyque samples to try so I started off with L'Eau on my left hand. Acch! Cloves and cinnamon. Terrible. I'll give it to hubby to try for fun but if he wears it, I hope it won't be around me!

Then I sprayed Do Son on my right hand. Definitely a tuberose, with some green notes and orange blossom. Turns a bit powdery after 45 minutes or so. I will say this: if you are a fan of tuberose, make the effort to try this one. I generally find tuberose cloying; this one is not cloying, because it's less sweet-- but I still don't want to wear it again. It's headed to my give away pile.

When it wears off a bit more, I'll put on something more familiar. I'm done experimenting for the day, LOL.

ComDiva

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 4, 2006
30roses sorry to hear that L'eau didn't like you... I love its cloves/cinnamon overload, though I confess it's more than I could deal with in this heat and humidity.

On Sunday, I went to a place called Essence in Boston, and using a coupon I made an essential oil custom blend! It was FUN... And a complete surprise to me that I fell in love with their night-blooming jasmine EO. I am generally white-flower phobic, as they often go brown, waxy and funereal on my skin - But this one held its deliciousness steady throughout a prolonged skin test. So my custom blend, which I've nicknamed OWL (for "Outing With Laura" a lovely friend who not only accompanied me but landed me the discount!), is my SoTD.

OWL notes: A delicious and surprsingly light combo of white tea, night blooming jasmine, and Tunisian frankincense. Yum!

Mathilde

Jan 24, 2008
Good Morning, all! 31 Rue Cambon today. I wholeheartedly agree with Luca Turin - it most certainly has ravishing beauty. Loooove!

31ruecambon.jpg

C Rose

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 26, 2010
Want to say THANKS to the guys for sharing and visiting on our SOTD! (Quick count, 16 women, 10 guys this morning... we'd be a threadbare if not for the guys chiming in!)

Today I'm wearing a recent eBay purchase, a spray edt Jean Patou 1000, presumably slightly vintage. Oh, this is L O V E L Y.... occasionally my SOTD is not a question of what I want, but what I don't want -- and when I don't want any aldehyde-fizz, then this smooth yet complex concoction is perfect. (the parfum must be truly awesome...)

30 Roses

Oct 8, 2007
30roses sorry to hear that L'eau didn't like you... I love its cloves/cinnamon overload, though I confess it's more than I could deal with in this heat and humidity.

I don't do well with Tea for Two either, which I see you like as well. Odd that I like carnation but not clove perfumes; the two smells are so close.

Odder still that I love cloves in tea but not as a scent, since flavor and smell are so tied together; same goes for saffron-- great to eat, awful to wear.

Haunani

Apr 25, 2008
Haunani, talk to me about Miller Harris Fleurs de Sel. I know it's a fave of yours. The heated stench of the first few minutes on my wrists is almost more than I can bear. It's just me, isn't it?...

I've sampled FdS before (the perfume, not the feminine hygiene spray of the same initials) and cowered. Last night, in a fit of bravery, I applied some to the top of my hand and held on for dear life. After 20 minutes of an unpleasant smell of black pepper burning on red-hot iron, I began to catch glimpses of a gorgeous floral, as long as I didn't get my nose too close to my skin where the burning smell smoldered on.

I know I'm very sensitive to spices or anything that connotes heat in scent, so I'm curious what others' perceptions are about the top notes of FdS or to hear your guesses as to what note is registering so hot in my nose. Thanks, Peeps.

Notes: rosemary, thyme, clary sage, angelica; iris, rose and narcissus; leather, amber, oakmoss and vetiver....

Quarry, it's an unusual one, isn't it? For me, Fleurs de Sel isn't much about flowers, but about aromatic herbs and salt and a lovely earthy-mossy base. It's not a "pretty" fragrance, but it IS atmospheric. It takes me to a windy brush-covered bluff overlooking a gray sea. I adore it, but I have to be in the right mood!

Today I'm in the very easy-to-wear Eau de Cartier! :)

Lessa

Feb 9, 2009
Feels good to be back in the saddle again with posting, after a few weeks away.

This morning: Givenchy Organza Indecence.

Last night at bedtime: Tocade, after using my big soaking tub for the first time.

BTW, haven't bought ANY new frags for several months. Getting that itch....

Last edited:

Petra Ichor

Feb 8, 2010
merveilles.jpg

Sort of scent twins with Evangeline, if only on the right wrist, with Elixir Des Merveilles. I stopped by John Lewis and attacked their testers. I work on the price per spritz principle if given the choice, so Elixir it was! I'll have to try the Eau too - I hadn't realise before getting home that they were that different. Heavens this is good stuff - it reminds me of a grown up, well behaved Angel, none of that uncontrollable sillage! Kelly Caleche on the left wrist, too floral for me, but more pleasing on the drydown.

Last edited:

Linds

Apr 5, 2009
I slathered myself with Villainess's Datura products - layered soap, scrub, and body creme and I'm very, uh, fragrant right now. Datura is a really nice tropical white floral, perfect for muggy Summer days.

Notes: Gardenia, Frangipani, Tuberose, Pikaki.

Latest News