hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Symphony by Louis Vuitton

o.83819.jpg

HouseOfPhlegethon

be huffin' parfums
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2017
Happy Belated birthday wishes to wingie!

I just spent a harrowing afternoon / evening at hospital. My husband has been having chest pains lately - today, it was real bad. Went to the E.R. It wasn't a heart attack but, something like angina. They are keeping him overnight, to run more tests tomorrow. He's in relatively jovial spirits, considering. He even ate the whole plate of food they served him! Me, I'm holding up, stiff upper lip, in front of him. Broke down in tears upon returning home. Plus, I hadn't ever driven his car before so, I white-knuckled it all the drive home, in the dark!

I've been nagging C for weeks to see a doctor - He is the most stubborn man, ever. My heart and gut says, he'll be alright. My head, the thinker, is another matter.

Wearing something stinky this evening, for a distraction - Eperdu by Filigree & Shadow. :(

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Oh Phleg, I'm so sorry to hear you're going through that. But chin up -- at least they ruled out a heart attack, and he'll probably just be placed on medications if it's something like angina.

I had to laugh about him scarfing up the food they served him. Considering your complaints about his pickiness and unadventurous palate, he sounds like the perfect candidate for enjoying hospital food.

Good to see the return of the Basenotes Robot -- even if s/he isn't wearing any perfume.

HouseOfPhlegethon

be huffin' parfums
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2017
Oh Phleg, I'm so sorry to hear you're going through that. But chin up -- at least they ruled out a heart attack, and he'll probably just be placed on medications if it's something like angina.

I had to laugh about him scarfing up the food they served him. Considering your complaints about his pickiness and unadventurous palate, he sounds like the perfect candidate for enjoying hospital food.

Good to see the return of the Basenotes Robot -- even if s/he isn't wearing any perfume.
LOL! Go figure, with usually crappy, typical hospital food. I chalk it up to "nervous eating" with the upcoming tests he will endure tomorrow. Thanks, for caring! I love you, for that!

ClockworkAlice

We all smell here
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
HoP, all the strength and best wishes to you and Mr. HoP!
You painted everything so vividly with your words, I almost felt that white-knuckled drive home... Hugs to you.

And some additional hugs and healing vibes to everyone who needs them right now.

Bvlgari Omnia again today, this time I was smarter and put some on my shirt also.

Happy to see our 🤖 back, too! Hopefully they will start wearing perfume again soon.

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Good morning all !. Best wishes and positive vibes for Mr & Mrs HOP. Really hope everything works out OK.

Welcome back C Rose :)

Off for a double date at the dentist this morning. Check-up followed by hygienist. Should be fun :cautious:

Amouage Reflection.

37930-1920x1200.jpg

375x500.920.jpg

Good to have our robot back :cool:

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
(((HoP))) Let those stress tears out. They're good for you. Sometimes we need shock therapy, and this shock will bring about a whole new attitude in your husband. He'll feel physically better with treatment, he'll have earned a new appreciation for life and you, and he may adapt new habits to protect his heart that will also be good for his psychological outlook and daily habits. I hope events unfold that make both of you feel lucky.

Last edited:

RHM

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 18, 2005
{{{{{{HoP}}}}}} hope everything is resolved quickly and it's discovered the root cause of the pain.

Waves to Jon & dentist date.

Wearing Dubai Jade today. I'm training a new staff member and we are launching a new computer protocol. Should be interesting.

kewart

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 9, 2006
Hope your husband gets to the root of his heart problem HOP. Try no to
worry too much.
Jon - pleased to hear your gashers are in tip top condition.

I have been wearing Rose Olivier by Bastide today.

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
HoP, I hope you and your husband get some answers today. Also some sleep.

I'm off to the condo tomorrow so I'm running around doing stuff so I don't come back to a crummy-looking house...vacuuming, cleaning out the fridge of perishables that won't last, topping off the litter boxes. I'm wearing Un Bois Vanille.

Kiliwia

Basenotes Plus
Apr 2, 2010
HoP, hoping you and your husband get good news from his doctor today.

Using the last of my 5 ml decant of Shalimar Ode a la Vanille (the original one).

Have a nice day!

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Foxbins, you must be building up some serious airline bonus miles.

I'm declaring it the official opening of Leather Season in this county -- even though last night was still summery enough for me to get a mosquito bite as I was setting out the trash bin.

Miss Balmain (1967) by Germaine Cellier for Pierre Balmain

MissBalmainParfum.jpg

mikeperez23

Be Here. Now.
Basenotes Plus
Dec 31, 2006
HoP - that sounds like a scary situation yesterday, I'm sure he really appreciates your help ((hugs))

Trilby - enjoy your new Chanel. Every time I smell No. 18 I think of helium (that is a compliment)...probably slightly influenced by Turin's review which made me laugh.

Wearing this one, a perfume-shop-impulse-purchase that I got for a steal...but it's so "grown up man" every time I wear it I feel like I'm wearing a 3 piece suit and a tie.

Dunhill For Men by Dunhill

26120479.jpg

Nonetheless I love it's bracing aromatic smell

Shycat

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 18, 2005
(((HoP))) I hope things turn out the best they can. It's a shock, I'm sure, and I send you best wishes for sleep all around.

I'm in Ava Luxe Blackberry Wild Musk today. Or maybe that's Wild Blackberry Musk. So hard to know.

FiveoaksBouquet

Scented.
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
Well, I cracked open my new bottle of Chanel No. 18 this morning and sprayed it on with abandon. Wow, just wow. Samples are just a pitiful fraction of the full bottle experience. The Chanel Exclusifs suit me to a tee. My favorite ones are always the ones I'm wearing at the moment.

Congrats, TL, on No 18. It is wonderful and I hope to see more of your impressions of it as time goes on. I find it very different from most Chanels while still possessing that Chanel je ne sais quoi. (Naturally I had to go over and spritz some on… :))

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
Foxbins, you must be building up some serious airline bonus miles.
Yes, I get upgraded now. But it's on Alaska, so I get more leg room and a free sandwich. Not like an Emirates upgrade would be, if I were ever rich enough to fly Emirates.

I'm bringing my Zoologist and Les Indemodables samples with me so I have more choice there, and looking forward to seeing if the LI ones are better in heat and humidity. They are a little wan here.

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
This morning we woke up to the most beautiful fog on the lake. It was magical.

View attachment 171925
Oh, my gosh. Yes, magical. I'm bewitched.
I'm also stuffed. Now that it feels like fall, I made the biggest batch of what my mother called boiled dinner. Beef, onions, cabbage, carrots, potatoes, simply boiled; salt and butter complete the feast. Blurg. I don't even have room for a gourmand fragrance.
Guerlain's rosy With Love is just enough for this gray day when Mr. Q cleaned the chimney and I lined up my doctor ducks in a row.
Nice to get glimpses of C Rose and Kotori.
HoP, I keep thinking about you.
Unlike Wingie, this is the scene I encountered here this morning at the haunted mansion. 20211012_074157.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News