Oct 25, 2007
Pure Sensual Orchid by LM Parfums

o.AfiUxsLL7u2.jpg

Reactions: RHM

CuddleCat

It smells so good in here
Basenotes Plus
Aug 20, 2009
I'm comparing my Narciso scents today. On paper Narciso Rouge EDP should be my favourite with it's rose, iris and tonka notes but it's my least favourite out of the three variations I own and Narciso Poudree should of been my least favourite due to the jasmine note but it's above Rouge in 2nd place. Narciso EDP is my top favourite but on paper I would of given it 2nd place. I will relegate Narciso Rouge to room spray status, I'm just not going to reach for it when I have so many other perfumes to wear.

Wishing you all a good day!

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Good morning all !. Up and running mega early today taking my mother into hospital for a knee replacement. Being done privately (thanks to excellent health insurance) and the place looked more like a garden centre than a medical facility :). We will be taking my father out for lunch later and keeping him company over the next couple of days.

Hoping all those still absent here make their return soon.

Creed - Virgin Island Water.

Guana-Island1.jpg

nd.899.jpg

Last edited:

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Semi-Retirement
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Good morning all !. Up and running mega early today taking my mother into hospital for a knee replacement. Being done privately (thanks to excellent health insurance) and the place looked more like a garden centre than a medical facility :). We will be taking my father out for lunch later and keeping him company over the next couple of days.

Creed - Virgin Island Water.

373545_ImageGalleryLightboxLarge.jpg

nd.899.jpg
Wishing a successful knee replacement and the road to recovery for your mum Jon. You smell great!

Last edited:

ClockworkAlice

We all smell here
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
@JON RODGERS, wishing for your mother's surgery to go smoothly and fast and smooth recovery for her knee!

@CuddleCat, I enjoyed reading your Narciso scents comparison! What's interesting is that my own thoughts and preferences are eerily similar.

Narciso Rouge is also the least favourite Narciso of mine. I had a mini and gave it away, it was too much for me. It was this scent's fault that I thought that I don't like iris scents for too long. In reality I love iris scents, just not this one. (I like the Rouge EDT better though, it's much airier and not as suffocating as Rouge EDP.) Poudree is also my favourite cube. I have the black Narciso EDT cube too and while at first I thought it's the right choice as I like rose/peony more than gardenia/jasmine, but in reality I don't really reach for it. I think I actually enjoy the creaminess of white EDP cube more (I don't have it but I tested it a lot in stores) - but I think I would be fine with just Poudree as my only cube. I generally prefer the tall bottles from the Narciso For Her line to the cubes. I love the cubes, too, but I just don't reach for them as often.

NR For Her EDT today, and in the evening I will top it up with For Her L'Absolu - another one I absolutely adore but neglect a bit. I love the scent but I need a specific mood to wear it, I cannot wear it to work or casually meeting friends or just lounging at home, it's more like a date night or a more formal going out scent to me in my head. It's just too sexy for my everyday life :D

Last edited:

tdem1961

I smell something…
Basenotes Plus
Jun 19, 2005
Hello and best to everyone. I’m so happy to be here with you all in our cool new digs! Bravo, @Grant ! Thanks as always for all your hard work.

@JON RODGERS , wishing your mom a speedy and easy recovery!

Sedona was magical. The first sight of those red rocks rising on all sides on the drive in from Phoenix was indescribable. We took a day trip to the Grand Canyon, too. Majestic, spectacular.

Chanel Coco edt today. Take care, all.

HouseOfPhlegethon

be huffin' parfums
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2017
I'm comparing my Narciso scents today. On paper Narciso Rouge EDP should be my favourite with it's rose, iris and tonka notes but it's my least favourite out of the three variations I own and Narciso Poudree should of been my least favourite due to the jasmine note but it's above Rouge in 2nd place. Narciso EDP is my top favourite but on paper I would of given it 2nd place. I will relegate Narciso Rouge to room spray status, I'm just not going to reach for it when I have so many other perfumes to wear.

Wishing you all a good day!
I love Poudree! I have not tested all the NR's. I owned the black one and one other. Can't recall what they were. [I've owned too many!]

Thanks Quarry, for the hugs.

Good luck to your Mum, JON!

Wearing Royal Bain de Caron / Champagne

I JUST NOW NOTICED that our scents don't show up at the bottom of our posts. I wonder, is this the new norm?????

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
Jon, while I'm sorry about your mom having a lame knee, everything else about the scenario you shared makes me so happy. How grand to have a heavenly smelling son deliver a mom to a flowered healing center.
CuddleCat, where else could you express all such well-considered observations to an audience who not only reads every word but who also doesn't think you're a lunatic?
I really do feel for your situation, HoP. I always deeply wanted to "make" my mom happy. She had stretches of depression, somewhat of her own making due to her attitude. She even had a framed quote next to her bed saying something like, woe is the person who depends on others for their happiness.
Chiggers! It's chiggers and/or irritants from cleaning hollyhock seeds that have me welting and itching/scratching like mad -- shoulder, inner arm, stomach, behind my knees. Aaaaaahhhhh. Of course, this is the morn I finally see the pain-diagnosing doc. But still glad to finally get this far, and I got over 6 hrs sleep each of the past two nights. Off to shower now and apply Rogue Jasmin Antique.
I miss seeing auto SOTD links in our posts, too, but even if it ends up being the one thing we lose, I'm wildly grateful for all we're getting from Grant. Please do consider popping $30 for BN Plus to support all BN provides. You won't have to put up with ads and there are other little perks.

ClockworkAlice

We all smell here
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Wearing Royal Bain de Caron / Champagne

I JUST NOW NOTICED that our scents don't show up at the bottom of our posts. I wonder, is this the new norm?????
It will come back! Grant said somewhere thats it's on his to do list. I miss seeing what everyone's wearing, too.

How do you like Royal Bain de Caron? I keep seeing it on local discounter site and it intrigues me a lot. I suspect I would enjoy it as I love vanillic/resinous things, but I'm hesitant to blind buy as I am afraid it might read a bit too vintage-y/oldschool/classic to my nose. I do love Shalimar/L'heure Bleue and Caron's Parfum Sacre, but I can't do oldschool florals at all.

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Welcome back, Terry !. Your trip sounds absolutely amazing (y)

Many thanks for all the good wishes, folks. She was actually the first one in and is already sorted. Pleased to report that everything went really well. Celebrating with a glorious masterpiece that always puts me in mind of another SotD regular. No prizes for guessing who :D

Eau D'Hermes.

dJ2Awpo.jpg

FiveoaksBouquet

Scented.
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
BC2EBF66-F5BF-4AC8-A73D-F883DAB85BD3.jpeg Greetings and best wishes! Today wearing the newly acquired pH fragrances Gardénia & Jasmin de Cachemire. Lovely floral and yet, interestingly, the way the scent is construed you get an impression of a third type of floral blend that is neither gardenia nor jasmine but unto its own.

ClockworkAlice

We all smell here
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
I've always wondered if it smells similar to Kenzo Flower, since LT and TS said in the 2008 Guide that Flower was pretty much a copy of it.
Interesting!
That kind of cools me off a bit as Jungle is the only Kenzo scent that I like. Flower is nice, but a bit too floral/powdery for me, I was hoping for a slightly different scent profile looking at the notes. But you cannot trust note pyramid...

Larimar

Apr 23, 2010
Hello fragrant friends,
All best to your mum, Jon!
Busy days, so only a quick visit. Tabac Blond Extrait, the good 2013 stuff.
Hug all around!

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Monsieur Montana owns a Djedi. Golly.

Celebrating with a glorious masterpiece that always puts me in mind of another SotD regular. No prizes for guessing who :D
Eau D'Hermes.

Why, gracious me, Mister Jon, I cannot imagine to whom you might be referring.

Best of luck with your mom's recuperation. I watched my boss's husband go through that recovery on both knees and it was... not easy, to put it mildly.

Still pleasantly rainy and mild here. A perfect time to bust out some autumnal spice. Checking this page in the directory to verify the release year, I gained the unwelcome knowledge that somebody actually chose the word "Groinstomper" as a user name. People are mystifying.

Déclaration (1998)by J-C Ellena for Cartier

853205_fpx.tif

Last edited:

HouseOfPhlegethon

be huffin' parfums
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2017
It will come back! Grant said somewhere thats it's on his to do list. I miss seeing what everyone's wearing, too.

How do you like Royal Bain de Caron? I keep seeing it on local discounter site and it intrigues me a lot. I suspect I would enjoy it as I love vanillic/resinous things, but I'm hesitant to blind buy as I am afraid it might read a bit too vintage-y/oldschool/classic to my nose. I do love Shalimar/L'heure Bleue and Caron's Parfum Sacre, but I can't do oldschool florals at all.

I've always wondered if it smells similar to Kenzo Flower, since LT and TS said in the 2008 Guide that Flower was pretty much a copy of it.
I find Royal Bain to be more opoponax and benzoin, as my bottle ages. The vanilla appears way later as it settles on my arm. I believe this scent, is an acquired taste. Try beforehand. It is very strong, too.

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
tdem, one of these days I will visit the Grand Canyon. I'm glad you went.
Jon, I'm happy your mom got through her surgery okay. My dad had three knee replacements in his lifetime due to rheumatoid arthritis, and got around well after each one.

I'm wearing Bois des Iles parfum on this chilly, cloudy day.

rynegne

Jul 25, 2012
Hello all! I haven't really been around basenotes much lately but I wanted to check out the new site...also wanted to come here and say hello to everyone :)

Life's been super busy and hectic for me. My daughter is 7 months old now and doesn't like to sleep too soundly :-/

Quarry, I hope you are on the mend!

Wishing you all the best. I will be back around soon for a more in depth flyover of everything going on...but give love you all in the meantime!

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
Good day, friends!

I'm wearing Diptyque Oyedo but it's not wowing me. I used an entire bottle, then purchased a replacement bottle and promptly lost interest. I am not a good candidate for back ups, I guess.

I'm getting the itch to buy a new perfume, specifically a leather. I should drive up to LA to Scent Bar and sample some there. In fact, maybe that's how I should always do it. Perhaps more expensive that way, but a better and possibly more lasting experience.

Foxbins, if you come down here I can show you around Grand Canyon. I have been there many, many times and introduced a couple of newbies to it too.

I'm at the Nissan dealership waiting for my 370 Z to be serviced in preparation for a drive to Las Vegas to begin my Death Valley hiking program. John Denver's Rocky Mountain High is playing in the background. It doesn't get much better than this.

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
Larimar crossed my mind this morn, and here he is! If that brings people back, I've got to think about ComDiva and ExtremeK and Mike Perez and ... 🤔

Doctors! They're so specialized. It's like the guy my primary care doc referred me to today said, in effect, "I only do left elbows, I can't even look at your right elbow." I just knew it! He told me to go back to my urosurgeon and oncologist. I absolutely know for certain neither one can do anything but refer me to someone else. I just knew it was going to take at least 6 months to get anywhere.

But back to fragrances -- I received my order from B&BW of hand soaps, body wash, and shampoo. The big difference between B&BW scented soaps and the Yves Rocher products I'd been using is YR's scents linger at least a little while. I liked this about YR's disco'ed grapefruit body wash, which I used as hand soap, because citrus notes are so fleeting within perfumes, I find getting a little boost throughout the day pleases me. BB&W soap scents are gone about the time you're done toweling off. I'll post observations about individual scent/products in future SOTDs.

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
Hello all! I haven't really been around basenotes much lately but I wanted to check out the new site...also wanted to come here and say hello to everyone :)

Life's been super busy and hectic for me. My daughter is 7 months old now and doesn't like to sleep too soundly :-/

Quarry, I hope you are on the mend!

Wishing you all the best. I will be back around soon for a more in depth flyover of everything going on...but give love you all in the meantime!
Great day! It's Rynegne! Thank you for thinking of me. I'm really okay overall, just dealing with one nuisance issue. Continued best wishes as you navigate these challenging daddy days and nights.

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
Foxbins, if you come down here I can show you around Grand Canyon. I have been there many, many times and introduced a couple of newbies to it too.
Oooo, oooo. Let's have a BN meetup at the GC! I've said before, we'd get more out of a BN PJ sleepover where we all brought samples than going gang shopping (especially with today's pandemic shopping experience).

Latest News