Basenotes Institution
Oct 25, 2007
Gengis Khan by Marc De La Morandiere

22357_2edfbf2335c08e2ff87b5b481ced74d1.jpg

CuddleCat

It smells so good in here
Basenotes Plus
Aug 20, 2009
Today, I'm wearing GGA pour Femme by Gucci. Both wearings this month have been fantastic. Still early days, I only got this in December but this is starting to become a favourite.

Still thinking of you all during these difficult times, take care and stay safe!

kewart

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 9, 2006
I am up late after a somewhat disturbed night filled with sporadic
Covid/worrying about the future dreams etc.

When I wake up properly I think I'm going to wear Joop Le Bain.

Keep safe and well everyone.

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Today, I'm wearing GGA pour Femme by Gucci. Both wearings this month have been fantastic. Still early days, I only got this in December but this is starting to become a favourite.

Still thinking of you all during these difficult times, take care and stay safe!

I am so glad to read this! Another fan of GGA pour femme. <3
I do have a sample of one of your favourites - Moonlight Patchouli. (I loved it when I tried it in the store and asked for a sample - good times when the stores were still open) - I think if I wore it more, it would become a favourite, too. That's why I try not to wear it so that I wouldn't have to buy it, haha. Though I think if I were to buy a VC&Arpels scent, I would probably go for Bois Dore first as I feel it's more different from what I already have, and I love both Bois Dore and Moonlight Patchouli.

Today I'm sampling ELdO further, and am wearing I am Trash on my right hand and You or Someone like You on the left one. I Am Trash is very fun to sample, but I don't feel like I'll wear it again anytime soon. You or Someone like You though... It evokes me my grandfather's garden when I was a kid. It was a pretty wild garden, full of gooseberry and all kinds of currant shrubs and all kinds of grasses. I couldn't imagine I would ever love a green and grassy scent, but it seems like I do, it reminds me of my childhood summers on the farm too much.

Hugs to everyone.

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Good morning all !. Trilby :vrolijk_26: exactly the same for me with Musc Ravageur. I'm in the minority but I absolutely loathe the stuff.

Bogner - Deep Forest.

Red-and-Green-Macaws-DO-grow-on-trees-in-the-Amazon.jpg

51ZR3AIh-QL._SY300_QL70_ML2_.jpg

Shycat

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 18, 2005
Good morning, all. (((Teardrop))) and (((Kewart))), as these losses are hard to bear.

I'm in Rose Essentielle today, and can share that my 85yo mother got her first dose of Pfizer vaccine yesterday. The pandemic is such a shadow over all our lives.

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
As soon as I saw CuddleCat's post, I thought, CwAlice is going to sit up and take note of this!

((kewart))) I have had a dream wherein I was around people and concerned I'd forgotten my mask. The pandemic is part of our collective subconscious now. I feel especially sorry for impressionable children/young people.

Gray skies are expected here through the weekend, but next week we get blue skies and bitter cold. Looking forward to the sunshine as it lights up the unheated room with the treadmill. I can now walk a mile comfortably at 2.2 mph and have graduated to sleeping in bed every night. Inching toward normalcy.

Returning to yesterday's strawberries on a wood base, Hanae Mori, which promises of spring.

khanada

Basenotes Junkie
Mar 3, 2020
I am so glad to read this! Another fan of GGA pour femme. <3
I do have a sample of one of your favourites - Moonlight Patchouli. (I loved it when I tried it in the store and asked for a sample - good times when the stores were still open) - I think if I wore it more, it would become a favourite, too. That's why I try not to wear it so that I wouldn't have to buy it, haha. Though I think if I were to buy a VC&Arpels scent, I would probably go for Bois Dore first as I feel it's more different from what I already have, and I love both Bois Dore and Moonlight Patchouli.

Today I'm sampling ELdO further, and am wearing I am Trash on my right hand and You or Someone like You on the left one. I Am Trash is very fun to sample, but I don't feel like I'll wear it again anytime soon. You or Someone like You though... It evokes me my grandfather's garden when I was a kid. It was a pretty wild garden, full of gooseberry and all kinds of currant shrubs and all kinds of grasses. I couldn't imagine I would ever love a green and grassy scent, but it seems like I do, it reminds me of my childhood summers on the farm too much.

Hugs to everyone.

Morning/Afternoon all,

Another Van Cleef fan here!! Superb perfumes, and underestimated IMO. Ine, I loved both I Am Trash and You Or Someone... and I think I will be buying both for summer (I drank 3 decants of the latter a couple summers back, when Scentbird had it)—they smell great when it’s hot outside.

((((Big hugs and comforting thoughts to all those who are having such a rough time)))). I keep saying, we are going to get through this, and then the world gets weirder, and it seems like a lot of loss and pain, keeps circling closer and closer. It is hard to keep one’s chin up while fighting the urge to scream/cry/stand by and watch friends and family suffer. My brother just lost his job, his crazy wife won’t get one, and I’m worried they are going to end up homeless. And that kind of thing, just seems like a regular old Tuesday around here, these days.

This week, we’re packing up the city house and the little studio we have in town. Two residences is unfeasible with safe nightlife on indefinite hold. We have had this place for 15 years. We got sentimental, and, frankly, shitfaced, a couple of nights ago, I woke up in a pile of old pictures with some stuck to my face, and I suppose that was about as good of a sendoff as we can give this chapter. I have no idea if we’re ever moving back here. We have a lot of projects just kind of hanging right now, and there are some potentially more attractive long term options that still have good airport access. Time to be country/lake mice for reals, for now. Things improve significantly when summer comes and we can head back out to the lake. I’m thinking we might just pack this house thing in, get a tiny off grid house for the big studio, and buy the sailboat we keep talking about. It’s either that, or somewhere between northern New Mexico/Arizona/southern Colorado. We also have friends in Mazatlán and Puerto Vallarta, and that could start looking very attractive if things take another turn here. If they’ll have us—I wouldn’t blame anyone in Mexico for being very wary of Amis, considering, although I have no clue as to how complicated that could make the perfume hobby.

Be that as it may, one good thing about all this change is the disorienting sense of complete freedom, jumping out of the plane and hoping the parachute works. That kind of thing is easier when you’re young, but ... change helps keeps you young, or youthful. Might as well embrace it, because it’s going to embrace us, and fighting it is really just fighting with oneself, anyway. Best to keep the embrace consensual, I suppose.

I’m wearing 4160 Tuesdays’ Dirty Honey today. All my house samples I brought back from London a while back, were doing that thing, where they just smelled like woody amber, it has taken them literally a year or more to settle down—now they smell irresistible. I’ve been crushing on Sarah for so long, also enjoying that old sample pass you all did a few years ago, and it seems like every other new bottle I covet lately comes from that house. The wish list keeps growing, I need to curb it, but I can always rationalize supporting indies. Sold, along with Sunshine & Pancakes, I think, for summer. I have Silk, Lace & Chocolate on order, whenever it returns. I think Dirty Honey can be a “moving is done!” treat—hope it’s not “vaulted.”
26147002-6910.jpg

Cook.bot

Flâneuse
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
I couldn't imagine I would ever love a green and grassy scent, but it seems like I do, it reminds me of my childhood summers on the farm too much.

Music to my ears, ClockworkAlice. We'll make a green lover out of you yet!

Quarry, that sounds like real progress to me -- not like inching at all, more like yards.

Today I'm in Cabaret by Grès. I'm far from being a rose lover, but this is one that makes me rethink my policy every time I wear it. Its rose is so dark yet still transparent, both glossy and woody. And sillage for daaaaays. Both the name and the bottle were serious misfires, neither suits it at all.

8173.jpg

jujy54

queen of the universe
Basenotes Plus
Jun 8, 2008

Hugs to everyone.

Hi, fellow ELdO sampler! I am enjoying your observations. I'm up to my neck in paperwork today, and am skipping my blind sniff. I grabbed and dabbed Diorella, which I compared to I Am Trash a few days ago, spurred by Barbara Herman's review of Diorella, in which she quotes Leonrad Cohen's Suzanne, who finds flowers amidst the garbage.

A pleasant day to all.

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
Quarry, that's great! I am so happy for you.

I feel awful today, I have a UTI and everything hurts. Going back to bed. Wearing Hesperides Grapefruit on this cold and overcast day

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
As soon as I saw CuddleCat's post, I thought, CwAlice is going to sit up and take note of this!
<...>
I can now walk a mile comfortably at 2.2 mph and have graduated to sleeping in bed every night. Inching toward normalcy.

Oh yes! You know me too well <3
...and I go ranting how much I love that scent too often, too. :lolk:

It's very good to read of this progress! Cook.bot's right, it's not inches, it's yards. Keep up the great work :thumbsup:

Music to my ears, ClockworkAlice. We'll make a green lover out of you yet!
And YES, when I was writing that praise for You or someone like you, I knew you'll take notice of this, too. :laugh:
Who knows, who knows!

(((foxbins))), I hope you'll feel much better tomorrow.

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Morning/Afternoon all,

Another Van Cleef fan here!! Superb perfumes, and underestimated IMO. Ine, I loved both I Am Trash and You Or Someone... and I think I will be buying both for summer (I drank 3 decants of the latter a couple summers back, when Scentbird had it)—they smell great when it’s hot outside.

Yay for similar tastes! :thumbsup: Which Van Cleefs do you like the most? The only one I tried and didn't like was the Oud one, but I didn't expect to like it anyway. All the others were great to me.
I can totally see how you could drain 3 decants of You or someone like you - it's very refreshing!
Ouch, sorry to read about your brother. Hopefully he gets another job soon. You are right, there are so many crazy things going on.

Hi, fellow ELdO sampler! I am enjoying your observations. I'm up to my neck in paperwork today, and am skipping my blind sniff. I grabbed and dabbed Diorella, which I compared to I Am Trash a few days ago, spurred by Barbara Herman's review of Diorella, in which she quotes Leonrad Cohen's Suzanne, who finds flowers amidst the garbage.

A pleasant day to all.

Oooh, I'm enjoying your observations, too. You just gave a whole perfumery history lesson here! I must admit I haven't tried Diorella and other classic Diors that are older than Poison. I somehow suspect I wouldn't be able to properly enjoy them yet though. Some day.

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
I'm wearing Jo Malone Tuberose Angelica, which I bought at the Denver meetup. I wore it constantly at first and then neglected it the last year or so. I could fall for it again. I like it because the florals are subdued and dry, while still radiating a good throw. I suspect I might be getting ready to put away my winter fragrance wardrobe soon. We'll see...

cazaubon

Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2005
Healing vibes for foxbins!

Quarry, I was reading a blog post yesterday by a doctor who said in the past year he has treated more children than in all his previous years of practice combined who report feeling suicidally depressed and that life is not worth living. Such a disastrously sad state of affairs.

I am wearing a sample of Nobile 1942 Perdizione.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News