hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Cheval Blanc Paris by Dior Prive

16-cover-parfum-exclusif3_1440_1200.jpg

tdem1961

I smell something…
Basenotes Plus
Jun 19, 2005
Hello and best to everyone. Jujy, what a lovely, meaningful tribute you have planned for your friend and how lucky you both were to inspire each other so. May her memory be a blessing.

Youth Dew Amber Nude today. Take good care, all.

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Good afternoon all !. Jujy, what a touching tribute to your friend :smiley:

Acqua Di Parma - Mirto Di Panarea.

DHxv4NRXYAAKnv_.jpg:large

nd.3108.jpg

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
Jujy, of course you would find the most appropriate and soulful way to say what needs to be expressed in the midst of love and grief.

CuddleCat, how are things today?

Frustrating, isn't it Caz? My Fitbit says I got 2 hrs, 31 min of sleep last night.

We made some headway in quashing invasives this a.m. The cooler weather is most welcome for getting back outside. I've now changed out of my play clothes and applied New Haarlem. Mr. Q just walked in and said, "It smells good in here." You betcha. I'm scrumptious.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Jujy, you're certain to be your usual eloquent self in paying tribute to your friend.

Well, the great pantry purge is done, and the winning entry was Halloween cake decorations from 2009. I considered continuing on to the freezer, but decided to save that for Monday or Tuesday, in case I need a distraction from Basenotes being offline.

Hallelujah, it's the first official full day of autumn! And right on cue, the temperature has dropped to below 80F/25C. As soon as the nights start to get below 60F/15C, it means that the worst humidity is behind us. I sent my duvet out for cleaning yesterday in hopes that it will be needed soon.

I think the break in the weather demands a little bit of forest witchery: original Lolita Lempicka EDP. I really love the ivy note and vetiver in this stuff, and fortunately my skin amplifies it.
6875843_164x250.jpg

giphy.webp

ExtremeK

Some of my paths in life are dirt
Basenotes Plus
Jul 5, 2010
Is there anywhere in the US where autumn weather is anything other than excellent (relative to what preceded it)? I love autumn.

Cook.bot, when I helped my mom declutter and downsize in 2011 for her move out of the house I grew up in, I found about 10 tins of spices with a "best by" year of (drum roll) ... 1972. I kid you not. One of them was good-sized tin of saffron, so I could sort of get it, but, um, HELLO THEY'RE FORTY FREAKING YEARS OLD! Get some new ones, for Pete's sake.

Now I clean out the pantry, frig, and freezer every 6 months so I can prove to myself that there's no danger of becoming my mom. LOL.

I'm wearing Dusita Erawan today. Grass, hay, and a touch of nutty sweetness. So much love. Listed notes: herbal notes, petitgrain, lily-of-the-valley, Haitian vetiver, hay, clary sage, liatris (deertongue), cedar, oakmoss, vanilla.

mikeperez23

Be Here. Now.
Basenotes Plus
Dec 31, 2006
...Frustrating, isn't it Caz? My Fitbit says I got 2 hrs, 31 min of sleep last night...

Ouch!

When I had insomnia I tried "grounding" every day for a week and it helped. I know it might be more difficult in cold weather (I can't remember if it's cold already in your city Quarry).

When I 'grounded' I did it in the morning when my care feet could touch not only the grass (in the median across from my apartment) but the grass had morning dew on it and allegedly that is even better for grounding.

I prefer the sand at the beach, to be honest but I know that's not an option for you Quarry :)

((gentle hugs))

ExtremeK

Some of my paths in life are dirt
Basenotes Plus
Jul 5, 2010
Quarry, does 2.5 hours even count as sleep? Our youngest kiddo would proclaim that a good nap, I think. Hoping for significantly more shut-eye for you tonight.

As for potty-training, you’re almost spot-on. I was 2. Mike and I are the same age, I think; I’m just a few months older, if memory serves.

David and I had dinner and absurdly strong tiki drinks with friends tonight. One of them was a bourbon-based cocktail called the Grog Factory. When I worked as a cocktail waitress in college, some of the more senior female patrons would order a beer with a bourbon back. Well, this was basically bourbon with a beer back. Sort of an Old Fashioned done tiki-style. But with 4 oz of alcohol (not counting the 6 oz mini-bottle of Miller High Life). We were home by 10:00.

I wore Journey Woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News