SOTD: Thursday, 22nd July, 2021

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Ikat Rouge by Armani Prive

16087449_30076195_2048.jpg

ineespenes

Apr 27, 2006
Good morning everyone, today is a cloudy and cold day. I hardly slept last night, but promised to meet a friend in town later. I'm feeling a bit helpless after all that has happened in my bf's family. At the moment it feels like he's shutting me out :( Sotd is Dzing! Hope all have a great day.

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Good morning all !. ClockworkAlice, Corfu sounded like a really therapeutic getaway. Glad to have you back :smiley:

Ine, he must be going through emotional turmoil at the moment. Even thought he may seem distant I am sure your support will mean everything to him :thumbsup:

Amouage - Beach Hut.

fb0a123a35b4c9a28d10f85f781154db.jpg

309797.jpg

tdem1961

I smell something…
Basenotes Plus
Jun 19, 2005
Hello and best to everyone. Dear Ine, I am so sorry for your loss. How dreadful. ((((Hug))))
Kewart, I’ve always suspected that Basenotes Robot has a wild side. :cheesy:

Valentino Valentina Pink today. Take care, all

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
(((Ine))) As you know, BF and his parents are in need of professional therapy at this stage. Having now two siblings/children succumb to suicide must have the family in total upheaval, rocking the boat on their surviving relationships. Don't take anything the BF does personally. He may not be able to see any good in life right now.

Jon, never stop illustrating your perceptions. They're such a treat for us.

Speaking of pictures, I just Googled images of Corfu. CwAlice, I can't actually believe such a glorious place exists in real life. You must be enjoying your memories so much.

Since we spent only about $30 in repairing the leach field (fingers crossed) instead of thousands, I'm justifying an order of samples and a decant of Indult Isvaraya -- available from Scent Split only, and thank goodness. A bottle costs $220, and I'd never use it up. I can't help but think this is a temporary addiction. It's too sweet, too weird -- like candy and violets and rhubarb (officially patchouli, plums and jasmine). SotD.

Yeah, where is Shycat? She's my favorite online humorist.

Robin-in-FL

Jan 18, 2011
Well good morning. Ine, I hope you are holding up. I cannot imagine the grief the parents are suffering.

Mure et Musc Extreme today.

ExtremeK

Some of my paths in life are dirt
Basenotes Plus
Jul 5, 2010
You have such a big heart, (((Ine))). My guess is even if he doesn't want to talk, the unconditional love and support you give him will mean the world to him as he tries to navigate the grief and all of the other stuff his family situation is likely causing. And if you (and he) are both still hurting from relationship stuff the last month or so, I can see how that would be hard. So remember to take care of yourself, too. Your friends and family can help support you if you let them. :kiss:

Q, you are a stronger woman than I. My rather sensitive gag reflex would have rendered me useless.

Foxbins, did you ever locate your stylist?

En Passant for me today.

shadesofbleu

The power of bleu
Basenotes Plus
Jun 3, 2005
I read on Twitter that today is National Mango Day ... so I am wearing the only frag I have with a Mango note, Angel Eau Croisiere. It is nice and tropical and great to wear on a hot and hazy day.

Ine, I’m so sorry to hear of your boyfriend’s family tragedy. You are doing the right thing by just being there and being ready when he’s ready to talk about it.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Calandre (1969) by Michael Hy for Paco Rabanne

attachment.php

Shades, I would totally wear a mango-scented fragrance. Mangoes in their natural state already smell somewhat like a perfume.

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
I am wearing Mint 26, not in the directory because it was a precursor to Imaginary Authors Saint Julep, I think.

Quarry, I have stayed firmly in cities because of things like leach fields and septic systems. I don't want to have to deal with poo. You are a strong woman.

ExtremeK, Yes, I found my stylist and got a cut, the salon moved a couple miles away because the landlord raised the rent too much. Still going to HNL next weekend, the headboard and some bath fixtures are coming. I'm also hoping to meet with a couple of contractors.

Ine, I am thinking about you and sending you courage and hugs.

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
I'm not so heroic as you make me out, my dears. For the record, leach fields contain just liquids when working properly, mostly from washers and showers and such, albeit not like a mountain stream, they're not so fragrant as the tank proper.

On the subject of old houses, if you would move into this new listing a mile from us, I promise to share all my fragrance samples with you. This is the semi-mansion of the 1800s quarry owner whose stone built our schoolhouse home. Stone homes like this will never be built again forever.
do.php

Latest News