SOTD: Thursday, 19th August, 2021

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Wild Leather by Yves Saint Laurent

R03761773_ALT03

Larimar

Apr 23, 2010
Thank you all for such a nice welcome!
This hermit here is happy with his perfume bottles (of course), his single malt whisky bottles, my CDs and DVDs (that took me many years to discover and collect if I liked them).
It's Jardin du Nil by MPG today.
Have a good day all!

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
Larimar, CD, DVD, BN. Please keep us in your collection of happy resources, because your presence here contributes to the happiness of the whole.

Wanted to step outside the wardrobe loop and wear something that says "I am unmistakably a perfume." Greco Porter Sa Peau was the first sample spied. I suppose it's the aldehydes that say grown-up "perfume," as opposed to some sweetened product of nature. Fairly discrete stuff. Will swing by Walgreens to see if I can get a flu vaccine before grocery shopping, and I doubt the pharmacist will smell this through her mask.

jujy54

queen of the universe
Basenotes Plus
Jun 8, 2008
Larimar, CD, DVD, BN. Please keep us in your collection of happy resources, because your presence here contributes to the happiness of the whole.

Wanted to step outside the wardrobe loop and wear something that says "I am unmistakably a perfume." Greco Porter Sa Peau was the first sample spied. I suppose it's the aldehydes that say grown-up "perfume," as opposed to some sweetened product of nature. Fairly discrete stuff. Will swing by Walgreens to see if I can get a flu vaccine before grocery shopping, and I doubt the pharmacist will smell this through her mask.

what Quarry said, dear Larimar! I think of you every time I don Guerlain Véga; it was one of several generous samples you sent me.

Dear Q, yes aldehyde = grown-up, and for many of us, it evokes a child's idea of grown-up, as we smelt those classics on our mums, bubbies, aunties, etc. . . There must be a vibe, as I donned Miss Balmain today, from a vintage mini; I've emerged from my funk, and went for the bad-ass.

And here is moi; I am [at last] a proud and content crone. I embrace my wrinkles, folds, gnarled joints, and age spots. I earned them. I am at peace with gravity, sans gravitas. This photo, a candid, was taken by a friend as we took in last night's beautiful Lake Erie sunset at Edgewater Park. That's me, unguarded.

A beautiful day to all.

IMG_3334.jpg

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
I had no desire at all to wear perfume today. Go figure.

Regarding global bad moods: I've been wishing that my browser had the equivalent of a Basenotes "Ignore List", so I could just enter a series of topics -- like terrorist/rape/suicide/Q-Anon/Bennifer, etc. -- and then whenever my browser determined that I was on a news site, it would just blur out any articles that contained those ignorable words.

I'm pretty sure that would improve my moods.

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
I had no desire at all to wear perfume today. Go figure.

Regarding global bad moods: I've been wishing that my browser had the equivalent of a Basenotes "Ignore List", so I could just enter a series of topics -- like terrorist/rape/suicide/Q-Anon/Bennifer, etc. -- and then whenever my browser determined that I was on a news site, it would just blur out any articles that contained those ignorable words.

I'm pretty sure that would improve my moods.
(((Cook.bot)))

I've talked up the Palabre app previously. One chooses their news source feeds and can then sort them into categories. When I just can't stomach any more hard news, I clear that category and can still catch new BN posts and those from Now Smell This, The Perfume Society, et al. If this app isn't available to you (I'm on Android), there may be other similar ones. If anyone needs help with shortening their Palabre learning curve, lmk.
Screenshot_20210819-154802.jpg

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
I accomplished all my errands early this morning and now I am trying to read while Bertie Wooster keeps climbing on my lap. He truly is a lap kitty--he finds a spot and a position he likes and goes to sleep, usually half on my keyboard and half on my chest. I'm wearing Aedes de Venustas.

ComDiva

Jun 4, 2006
Hello, everyone - You all smell divine (with or without perfume, Cook.bot)! :)

Foxbins, how's your hip?

I seem to have also jumped onto the 'grown-up' perfume train today. My choice was Mariella Burani.

10212286-6645.jpg

I was glad I was wearing a beautiful scent today - It got me through a downpour with flash flood warnings, AND witnessing a car on the opposite side of the highway that had clearly been in a nasty accident, as the front was completely crumpled and the entire car was engulfed in angry orange flames and billowing black smoke - *Something* (a window? Sounded a bit too small to have been a gas tank) actually exploded as I drove past. Fortunately I was driving slowly enough due to rubbernecking traffic that nothing untoward happened when I jumped a mile. Even more fortunately, no one seemed to have gotten trapped in that burning car.

Thank goodness for anything positive this Thursday.

Mariella Burani fragrance notes: Lemon, Bergamot, Orange, Mandarine, Grapefruit, Aldehyde, Cardamom, Rose, Geranium, Muguet, Iris, Ylang-Ylang, Peach, Coconut, Jasmin, Violet, Labdanum, Cedarwood, Styrax, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Vanilla, Tolu, Benzoe, Castoreum, Perubalsam, Oakmoss, Musk.

Latest News