hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Cosmic Cloud by Louis Vuitton

frank_gehry_louis_vuitton_perfume_bottle_design_dezeen_2364_col_3-852x1202.jpg

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Semi-Retirement
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Good morning all !. Warum, vintage Samsara is my reference sandalwood (y). I have the EDT and can only imagine how wonderful the EDP must be :).

4160 Tuesdays - Doe In The Snow.
I was introduced to Doe in the Snow by the great PerfumedLady. It was my favorite by far from 4160 Tuesdays.

The extrait concentration is my favorite for Samsara.

teardrop

Sep 1, 2010
Afternoon all!

Clockwork, l love the sound of a plummy jumper dress!

Jon, l have Samsara in both vintage EDT & EDP, & actually l prefer the EDT as it projects more.

We're having some lovely sunny & unseasonably warm days here at the moment, which is great as we haven't needed to put the heating on yet, but it makes perfume choices tricky. l have the day off, & l'm wearing Honey Coconut again. This is a decant l made when l sold my bottle, & it's almost finished.

mikeperez23

Be Here. Now.
Basenotes Plus
Dec 31, 2006
Jon - if you love Samsara EdT then you'll def love the EdP (vintage) and please do try the Parfum also, it's lovely. One of the few fragrances that when you wear it you can clearly smell the Mysore Sandalwood in it.

First time (from a sample - I think I got this sample in Chicago at the BN meetup):

Elephant by Zoologist Perfumes

26154219-466.jpg

I like this one. Creamy, lactonic, floral and earth / leaf-esque. What a great fragrance!

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
It is Ralph Lauren's Birthday today.

Well, that's a good enough reason to bust out a vintage bottle of the scent that totally perfumed the second half of the 1970s for me. Bernard Chant strikes again.

Laurens_Mine_Feb2020.jpg

Although I think my actual favorite Ralph Lauren design might be the coffee truck he created from a 1943 Citroen:

RalphLaurenCoffeeTruck1943Citroen.jpg

4160 Tuesdays - Doe In The Snow.

^^ The only perfume that I've ever been 100% anosmic to.

RHM

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 18, 2005
Wearing No. 18 edt on the left side & No. 18 edp on the right. The edp is less transparent & I can smell it right from the get go. (I'm anomic to most musks.). edt smells cleaner & fresher to me, while the edp is more iris...I'm about 10 minutes into the dry down. tempImageimKuvo.jpg tempImageF4DRnq.jpg

Last edited:

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
I'm wearing Cuir de Chine. The sky is just beginning to lighten here, so I'll go out for a walk in a few minutes and see how this does.
That was the only Indemodables that I really, really liked. Unfortunately it had a lifespan of about two nanoseconds on me. But if you like osmanthus it's a real beauty.

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
I'm wearing Jo Malone Black Vetyver Cafe because I got a hankering for a coffee scent. Today is the second day this week I had to go to my deep storage box to retrieve my SOTD. I guess I miss 'em when they're out if rotation for a while. Maybe that's a good thing.

FiveoaksBouquet

Scented.
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
I find the clear juice kind of strange. I associate the scent with the color mauve.

Interesting. The clear (lack of) colour seems appropriate to me because I associate No 18 with an eau-de-vie liqueur, like Slivovitz, which is clear. However mauve also seems right because Slivovitz is made from plums. (5-0 reasoning☺️).

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
Interesting. The clear (lack of) colour seems appropriate to me because I associate No 18 with an eau-de-vie liqueur, like Slivovitz, which is clear. However mauve also seems right because Slivovitz is made from plums. (5-0 reasoning☺️).

Well done, FiveoaksBouquet! The ability to reconcile apparent opposites is a gift. I will think of Slivovitz from now on. I never had it so I will seek it out. One of the things I like about Basenotes is learning new things, even (or especially) when not directly perfume related. Cheers!

FiveoaksBouquet

Scented.
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
Well done, FiveoaksBouquet! The ability to reconcile apparent opposites is a gift. I will think of Slivovitz from now on. I never had it so I will seek it out. One of the things I like about Basenotes is learning new things, even (or especially) when not directly perfume related. Cheers!

Thank you. Putting Slivovitz on my list too—haven’t had it for a long time.

therese19

Nov 9, 2009
Good day to all!

Continuing on in Chanel No 18 edp and for some reason, appreciating it more than ever. The level of the bottle today—still plenty to go:

View attachment 172171
I love 18. And, I think it is as sexy as hell. I've gotten compliments, so what's not to love.

The ambrette seed, the rose, and the musk combo (I think that is what it is) gives off a just had sex in a room that needs airing out.
Perhaps some Slivovitz would add value to the carnal environment!;)

Latest News