SOTD Thursday 10 February

2md45cn.jpg

Adieu Sagesse-Jean Patou
"Throw caution to the wind"
and wear this frisky, floral chypre.
While powder and carnation dominate,
vetiver and musk anchor the raucous ride.

Top notes; neroli, narcissus, bergamot, lily-of-the-valley and black currant;
middle notes are carnation, jasmine and tuberose;
base notes are vetiver, musk.

Topics

Blog Comments

Renaissance_Man

Feb 26, 2006
Just wanted to say how much I enjoy your blog posts. They're all tastefully done and the art is always wonderfurlly enjoyable (my kind of stuff). Just the whole style of your blog is perfect in its classy simplicity.
Great job and please keep them coming!

kumquat

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 31, 2006
What a nice comment! I will try to keep them coming! I have slowed down some, but I still add one now and then.

jspo

Jul 4, 2008
Ditto from me... R Man is spot on with his review. I'd just add that some of the photo's keep me coming back. I compare my thoughts to your commentaries to see if I "see" what you see so the blog is informative and thought provoking.

I don't know art or history at all, (except for Churchill & Carnegie, so no art) but the woman above puts to shame all those 100 + lb models , at least IMO.

Last edited:

kumquat

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 31, 2006
Thanks for the interest. I really enjoy this painting. I don't know the artist. It's from the museum of Art in Princeton, NJ. It's depicting a historical "rape" scene conducted by Roman soldiers. This woman, however, appears fairly entranced by her captor. Interesting what the wealthy folks found entertaining in the days before movies.

Add your Comments

Latest News