SOTD: Sunday, October 3, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

CuddleCat

It smells so good in here
Basenotes Plus
Aug 20, 2009
It's the first day of daylight savings here, I didn't want to but got up early so I can adjust quicker... Not really a fan, it's nice to have an extra hour of daylight at the moment but when the heat hits it's not pleasant in the late afternoon/evening.

Wearing Chai by Baruti again today and got a couple of comments on it. It wasn't recognised as perfume but as chai tea, thought someone was drinking some close by.;) I'm thinking of get a bottle, it really is a realistic rendition of spicy chai tea and the milk note is well done. I don't normally like most milky type notes in fragrances, they usually smell off/wrong to me. My husband thought it was o.k. but prefers it when I smell like roses and not tea.

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Good morning all !. Going with another autumnal fragrance that does precisely what it suggests. Imagine walking in a forest surrounded by vibrant colours with the scent of apples in the air. Becomes earthier with a caramelised smoky undertone as it develops. A seasonal comfort blanket for sure :)

Anna Zworykina - Fallen Leaves.

Central-Park-in-Autumn_-New-York-City_39811.jpg

fallen_leaves_anna_zworykina_large.jpg

80360-Have-A-Peaceful-Sunday.gif

Last edited:

ClockworkAlice

We all smell here
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Hello dears!
It's so cool to see directory and sotd up and working! Waiting for wear counts to be uploaded :)

I'm travelling back home from parents, it was a very lovely weekend. I'm wearing Narciso Rodriguez Musc Noir For Her from a sample that was sitting in my make up bag. When I get home, I'll search for my sample of ELDO's Like This to properly synch in Pumpkin Spice weekend synch.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
O frabjous day, calloo, callay -- I was really surprised how much more at home I felt when I saw the Directory was up and running.

Celebrating with a bit of vintage Miss Dior today... the EDC version, since it's still a bit warm here.

MissDEDCJuly2019fronts.jpg

Last edited:

Wingie

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 2, 2009
Morning all. Agreeing with ClockworkAlice and Cook.Bot about the newest site features. It feels like we're almost there. I enjoyed having early access but it is starting to feel a bit quiet around here - I'm looking forward to having the rest of the community back and being fully operational again.

I plan to relax and do very little today. I have 15 fragrance wearings from this past week I can retroactively log on the site, so that may be a project for later. I'm starting the day in Apres L'Ondee.

Last edited:

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
Sampling Chypre Azural today. "Underwhelmed" is a good word for them, Cook.bot. I can tell that they are well-constructed, but I'd like something more. Maybe they will do better in Hawaii.

Piggybacking on the kitchen cleanouts of late, I cleaned out the cupboard with the canned goods, grains, rice, and pasta. I threw away packets of Thai soup mix that were supposed to be used before 2001, I went to Thailand in 1999. Corn meal, barley, cake ice cream cups, wild rice from at least three moves ago, and some malt powder so old I couldn't pour it out of the container, it had become a brick. Saltines from 2019 were sooooo rancid. Now everything is organized and the Cheerios box that expires in December is front and center.

IsoESuperman

People of Zee Wurl, Relax
Basenotes Plus
Dec 30, 2015
Wearing Chai by Baruti again today and got a couple of comments on it. It wasn't recognised as perfume but as chai tea, thought someone was drinking some close by.;).
I like that one, CuddleCat. I’ve only sniffed a handful of scents that aim to approximate chai and Baruti’s comes the closest.

Have you tried others from the house? I’m a big fan of Berlin im Winter but don’t wear it as much as I used to, it’s just so potent and if it ends up on clothing, takes a solid two washes to get it out.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Sampling Chypre Azural today. "Underwhelmed" is a good word for them, Cook.bot. I can tell that they are well-constructed, but I'd like something more. Maybe they will do better in Hawaii.
They might. They're a bit on the frail side, so maybe the humidity will rev them up

I threw away packets of Thai soup mix that were supposed to be used before 2001,
Wow, that even beats my record. It's the spices I have the hardest time discarding. They're so damned expensive, it's really hard to toss them out even when they're hardly more than brown dust.

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
It's the spices I have the hardest time discarding. They're so damned expensive, it's really hard to toss them out even when they're hardly more than brown dust.
One of the boutique grocery stores here sells spices in bulk, so now I buy a tablespoon of this or that if I'm not sure I will use it quickly. Before I moved here in 2014, I threw away McCormick spices in tins from the seventies, like ExtremeK's mom owned. Clove takes a long time to use up.

CuddleCat

It smells so good in here
Basenotes Plus
Aug 20, 2009
Have you tried others from the house? I’m a big fan of Berlin im Winter but don’t wear it as much as I used to, it’s just so potent and if it ends up on clothing, takes a solid two washes to get it out.
I have a sample but haven't tried it yet. I'll test it sometime this week and thanks for the heads up about it's potency, I shall keep it to one spritz when trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News