22357_2edfbf2335c08e2ff87b5b481ced74d1.jpg

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Good morning all !. :birthdays: Happy Birthday 30 Roses :birthdays:

animated-flower-gif-free-download-1.gif

Francesca Bianchi - Tyger Tyger.

pair-siberian-tigers-snowy-glade-china-harbin-mudanjiang-province-hengdaohezi-park-siberian-tiger-park-pair-siberian-137169908.jpg

tyger-tyger-extrait-de-perfume-30ml-bottle-by-francesca-bianchi-perfumes-350x435.jpg

Mrs Q, it is coincidental you mentioning jasmine as I actually have a discontinued one on its way to me right now. I always regretted not grabbing a bottle when I had the opportunity so I'm delighted to finally get my hands on one. Watch this space :wink:

Last edited:

kewart

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 9, 2006
Happy Birthday, 30 Roses! :birthdays:

Yves Rocher Neonatura Cocoon for me today.

Lots of snow forecast for the East of England -
it's already snowing in Norfolk according to one
of my sisters.

easyfish

Jun 26, 2009
723_223257710e6791fe1a15be76cc2b9a8b.jpg

,,,,,,,,,,,,,Happy Birthday, 30Roses!
111.jpg

30 Roses

Oct 8, 2007
Thanks for remembering my birthday! :kiss:
It will be spent reading good books, eating good food (prepared by me since we still aren't going out to restaurants), and shoveling the snow that is promised.
SOTD is Jour de Fête.

jujy54

queen of the universe
Basenotes Plus
Jun 8, 2008
Good Sunday morning, all, and especially to our dear Quarry: how was your busy day yesterday, Ms Q? Sending smiles and hugs.

The ELdO blind sniffing continues. I am just about halfway thru the 20 [not 30 as previously reported!] sample set. Today: This scent started quirkier than it settled; I though, kindergarten! I smell eraser, or glue, something warmly rubbery, with a soupçon of—I dunno—afternoon snack of cookies and milk? Ten mintes later I get a peppery floral, with maybe a bit of coffee; good, there's a teacher in the room! Overall, tho, the finish is quite ordinary.

The reveal: Like This. I really have no witticism to add. The Tilda Swinton ref has been dropped. . . just like that?

I noted quite a few ELdO–näive posters for Friday's synch, so I would love to send the sampler on to an ELdO novice, CONUS only. Each sample is at least half of the 2 ml original, and the presentation is just so fetching. All that will be missing is the discout code; I'm using that. Message me. We'll do lunch; oh, wait, we'll just message!

A pleasant day to all.

KIMG0132.jpg

Last edited:

tdem1961

I smell something…
Basenotes Plus
Jun 19, 2005
Hello and best to everyone. Happy birthday, 30Roses! :birthdays:

It’s snowing here. We’re supposed to get only 6 to 8 inches this time (vs. the 18 we got recently) but it’s coming down pretty heavily.

Neila Vermeire Ashoka today. Take care, all.

jujy54

queen of the universe
Basenotes Plus
Jun 8, 2008
SOTA, another ELdO sampler blind sniff. Complicated and interesting, woody, leathery, fleshy, coniferous or maybe minty, some aquatic, masculine, burly and urbane all at once. A flannel shirted wild man in Central Park. This may go on my to-buy short list.

Reveal: Divin Enfant. So, masculine, yes.

edit: I took a closer look at the name: it is Divin'Enfant, perchance a water baby? :laugh:

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Happy Birthday, 30 Roses! :birthdays: Wishing you a good day and year.

jujy54, it's great to see you enjoying the ELDO box! My box is actually slightly different, but also very nice (yours is cuter though!). Mine is flat and all the samples are sitting cozily in the foam bed without the little boxes. But they added a small book with all the notes and descriptions, it's fun to read.
Have you decided already which one you're going to buy or are still deciding?
I took a break from sampling during the weekend and I'll start again tomorrow.

I wore Le baiser du dragon today and sprayed some Shalimar just recently, too.

jujy54

queen of the universe
Basenotes Plus
Jun 8, 2008
jujy54, it's great to see you enjoying the ELDO box! My box is actually slightly different, but also very nice (yours is cuter though!). Mine is flat and all the samples are sitting cozily in the foam bed without the little boxes. But they added a small book with all the notes and descriptions, it's fun to read.
Have you decided already which one you're going to buy or are still deciding?
I took a break from sampling during the weekend and I'll start again tomorrow.

Still deciding, and haven't opened the booklet as I want to sniff first, read later. I have about 12 to go, may double up the daily sniffs; I like your one on each wrist approach.

SOTT Scent of the Tango, for my Sunday afetrnoonZoom tango lesson, was Panthère de Cartier parfum. I prefer the EdT, which had been a gift from my daughter, but it is so, so scarce.

Shycat

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 18, 2005
Cello, a small hike around a river sounds slippery but pleasant--take care and enjoy!

My nasty sister issued a February challenge of 30 minutes of aerobic exercise each day. I said okay. Mmmffph. Today, I'm going to sweep, vacuum, and mop. For thirty minutes, playing some very peppy music very loudly, at a pace to keep myself short of breath. I'm not happy about it.

sotd-- God, I don't know. What fragrance says "I am a fat housewife." *thinks to interior Jeopardy music*

The winner is Matin Calin.

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
Happy birthday, 30Roses :birthdays:

(((Jujy))) It was a good day all around. I still need to contemplate ordering some seeds, but that's fun process to drag out.

I'm sampling Zdravetz [will see if ComDiva notices], which smells like an old formula to me, not the 2019 release it is in reality. I got the vintage impression from its similarity to some Hove perfumes. While BN reviewers found this fruity, my skin brought out the leather. As it dries down, I get some soap notes.

Grapefruit, Bergamot, Galbanum, Rose, Passion fruit, Cedar, Leather, Vanilla

CuddleCat

It smells so good in here
Basenotes Plus
Aug 20, 2009
Happy Birthday, 30 Roses!

My day scent was Coco Mademoiselle EDP Intense by Chanel which lasted well into evening and then I applied some Santal by Fragonard for bedtime.

purecaramel

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Nov 9, 2013
An icy scent to slice through the icy breath coming from the North.
This week will be perfect for sporting all the lethal perfumes in my Wardrobe. Chanel 18 and my rabbit hair panties tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News