SOTD: Sunday, 15th August, 2021

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Phantom by Paco Rabanne

aaaaaa-17.jpg

khanada

Mar 3, 2020
Evening/morning all,

I’m heading off to bed doused in a luxurious cloud of Francesca Bianchi’s Angel’s Dust. Gorgeous, this stuff is.
26152059-5740.jpg

donna255

Jul 16, 2004
Hello all.

Bibliothèque by Byredo. I bought a descant as I liked the candle but not will to blind buy that much on the full bottle. For some reason on my skin it is very similar to Annick Goutal Mon Parfum.

kewart

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 9, 2006
Good morning.

I am house-twin scent with donna255 today and wearing
the lovely Bal d'Afrique. This is one of my best discoveries this
year.

A cool, cloudy start to this morning but I still intend to go for a longish
walk in an attempt to shed a few pounds.

ClockworkAlice

We all smell here
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Hello!
A few swipes from a rollerball of Plum Blossom and Vanilla Musk by Artistry (not in directory).
We're at the countryside and thought about going to the lake after late breakfast, but the wind seems chilly so I'm not sure.
Wishing you a peaceful Sunday.

ineespenes

Apr 27, 2006
Hello everyone :) I miss Mimi too.... Maybe she's just having a break like I did after a really bad breakup a few years ago. Speaking about relationships, the bf and I are still arguing and it doesn't feel good :/ I hope the table we booked today will make things better.... Sotd is Portrait of a lady. Have a great day :)

HouseOfPhlegethon

be huffin' parfums
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2017
Hello everyone :) I miss Mimi too.... Maybe she's just having a break like I did after a really bad breakup a few years ago. Speaking about relationships, the bf and I are still arguing and it doesn't feel good :/ I hope the table we booked today will make things better.... Sotd is Portrait of a lady. Have a great day :)

I fell ya, Inee. Hubby and I have had a bad week. He's grouchier than ever. :angry:

:vrolijk_26: Khanada!

Killer Rose by 4160 Tuesdays

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
Today I grieve for families in Afghanistan during an inevitable surrender to a cruel regime (notably now abducting girls as "wives" for prolonged leverage), but I celebrate journalists, notably our Richard Engel, for relaying realities to us.

Others' situations remind us that most our of troubles are small. Do enjoy the freedoms, foods, drink, music, travel, rights, medicines, entertainment, communications, and perfumes we're privileged to have. Today I'm enjoying your company as well as sweet Indult Isvaraya, a light breeze, lunch leftovers, my lounger, public radio, Day-Z Buck Buck, and Mr. Q.

I think habit is the primary reason we lose gems like Mimi. I believe, if we keep the home fires burning, some may wander back over the years because one rarely loses interest in fragrances.

cazaubon

Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2005
Commiserating with HoP and Ine over discordant relationships, I am there too. The pandemic and our housing situation is fraying nerves.

Wearing MCG Finisterre and wishing I were on holiday in France on a rocky coast, alone. ;-)

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
It's Sycomore again today.

I wish I had known Mimi. I joined in 2013 and I don't remember her posting so she's been gone quite a long time.

My relationship actually improved during Covid isolation but I won't be too unhappy when Mr. Lark finally returns to work tomorrow. Home alone at last!

ExtremeK

Some of my paths in life are dirt
Basenotes Plus
Jul 5, 2010
Belated Happy Birthday wishes to our resident bubbly optimist, (((ComDiva)))

(((Ine))), (((HoP))), (((Caz))), and (((Quarry))). Welcome back, (((khanada)))

I'm spending the afternoon on the balcony, enjoying some truly wonderful weather, the noisy cicadas, a good book, and the idea of a nice long walk around the lake in an hour or so. I'm making coconut lime chicken chili in the slow cooker because I'm starting to feel the idea of autumn. I love the transitional seasons so, so much.

I'm wearing Dusita Erawan, which smells like harvest here in the Great Plains.

Shycat

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 18, 2005
Belated Happy Birthday wishes to our resident bubbly optimist, (((ComDiva)))

(((Ine))), (((HoP))), (((Caz))), and (((Quarry))). Welcome back, (((khanada)))

I'm spending the afternoon on the balcony, enjoying some truly wonderful weather, the noisy cicadas, a good book, and the idea of a nice long walk around the lake in an hour or so. I'm making coconut lime chicken chili in the slow cooker because I'm starting to feel the idea of autumn. I love the transitional seasons so, so much.

LIME!!!! And lime coconut chicken, even.

Take care with the lime.

Today I grieve for families in Afghanistan during an inevitable surrender to a cruel regime (notably now abducting girls as "wives" for prolonged leverage), but I celebrate journalists, notably our Richard Engel, for relaying realities to us.

Others' situations remind us that most our of troubles are small. Do enjoy the freedoms, foods, drink, music, travel, rights, medicines, entertainment, communications, and perfumes we're privileged to have. Today I'm enjoying your company as well as sweet Indult Isvaraya, a light breeze, lunch leftovers, my lounger, public radio, Day-Z Buck Buck, and Mr. Q.

I think habit is the primary reason we lose gems like Mimi. I believe, if we keep the home fires burning, some may wander back over the years because one rarely loses interest in fragrances.

Some may wander back because they've spent thousands of dollars on fragrance and it stares them in the face every time they go into their spare room. Just sayin'.

sotd: A Lilac a Day

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Semi-Retirement
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
It's Sycomore again today.

I wish I had known Mimi. I joined in 2013 and I don't remember her posting so she's been gone quite a long time.

My relationship actually improved during Covid isolation but I won't be too unhappy when Mr. Lark finally returns to work tomorrow. Home alone at last!

Mimi was posting regularly until 2012, after that it was short stints up until 2015.

It's been 6 years since we've last heard from Mimi.

Hello and best to everyone. Mimi Gardenia, if you’re reading this I hope you’re well and happy.

Nina Ricci Premier Jour today.

I miss her terribly :cry:

Rogue Perfumery - Mousse Illuminee.

PINE-FOREST.jpg

375x500.53821.jpg

I wish I got to know Mimi better.

Staff online

Latest News