Oct 25, 2007
Aqua Zenzero by LM Parfums

acqua-zenzero-11477-8985840.png

ClockworkAlice

We all smell here
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Good morning!
I'm starting my morning with coffee in bed and Aquolina's Pink Sugar as my morning before shower scent on my forearms so that nothing else could scare me today!
I'm half joking as I actually enjoy this sugar bomb from time to time, but even I can sense how nuclear this is. Actually I prefer it as a room spray as it does smell better from a distance.

Edit:
After an hour I layered a bit of Incense: Avignon over this. It's not the first time I am doing this combo and I enjoy it. These two are opposites that balance each other nicely. Now I am also ready to Synch with "fallen leaves and incense" weekend theme, too. I might read another chapter in bed and then go for a walk or something. I have no plans today, I can shower later. The sky is very clear and sunny.

Last edited:

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Good afternoon all !. Great to have you back, Mike. All the very best for a full and speedy recovery 🤞

Hermes - Un Jardin Sur Le Nil.

8a2d4208fbaa522f5d9da2715c36010e.jpg

nd.18.jpg

ineespenes

Apr 27, 2006
Good morning everyone :) I decided to sleep in today after staying up late watching a Pink Floyd show. The bf is away this weekend , but will be back today. I have plans going to a classical concert with my sister later. It's Grosse messe by Mozart :) It's a grey day ,but no rain so far. Sotd is No 88. Hope you all have a great Sunday :)

tdem1961

I smell something…
Basenotes Plus
Jun 19, 2005
Hello and best to everyone. Welcome back, Mike and speedy recovery to you.

ClockworkAlice, years ago on another perfume board someone suggested layering Pink Sugar with Donna Karan Black Cashmere - it was great. I like your idea as well.

Chanel No. 19 edp today. Have a good day, all.

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
(((Mike))) Ain't it funny how the 🎶 leg bone's connected to the thigh bone 🎶 but other odd relationships are realized during illness? I could tell stories ...
Seriously, I'm sorry for your discomforts and frustrations. We know better days are coming. I'm sure fishing's emotionally healthy for your dad, too.

I like John's and Kiliwia's photos, those pregnant-with-possibilities dawn scenes when few people are about.

I made good on the threat to buy a bottle yesterday. The surprise is I found a BN seller offering one of the two items on my wish list: Carthusia Io Capri, a soothing fig tea that turns down to the earth where Philosykos flies up into the greenery. The other wish list item, Prada d'Iris Cedre, I plan to make a souvenir purchase if we ever meet up again. So, today I'm wearing a few drops from an evaporated bottle of Io Capri. BTW, this is one of the scents most revolting to Mr. Q. Sorry, honey.

Last edited:

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
I like John's and Kiliwia's photos, those pregnant-with-possibilities dawn scenes when few people are about.
Ha! As I scrolled past them I thought "What lovely sunsets". That probably says something about us individually, but I don't think I want to ponder it.

Mike, I feel bad about you feeling bad, but at least you motivated me to schedule a flu shot this week. Probably couldn't hurt to get the pneumonia vaccine while I'm at it.

We're having another deliciously cool and damp day, I'll pair it with the cool and dry Chanel Cristalle, the old, amber juice.

Chanel_Cristalle_4ozEDT.jpg

Wingie

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 2, 2009
Morning all, it’s cold and wet and raining here today so I am getting some comfort from the vanilla of Eau Duelle EDT.

We are headed out of town on vacation for a week to Lake of the Woods, Ontario - IMO one of the most beautiful lakes in the world and only a 2hr drive East of where we live. Hope everyone has a peaceful Sunday.

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
Mike, feel better soon! Plus, a trip to LA means Scent Bar...

Wingie, your trip sounds wonderful. Water is so restorative.

Trilby, I hope your preparative hike went well.

It's going to be one of those days today. As I stumbled into the den with my coffee this morning, Dapper the cat alerted me to a large black spider in the angle between the ceiling and the wall. Despite his best efforts to bat it down from the floor, he's about eight feet too short and so I dragged out the stepladder and got a shoe. Naturally, I didn't kill it, just knocked it down and it scuttled under some heavy furniture, so I have the threat of a sneak spider attack hanging over me. Then, I put my turtleneck on backwards and when I put on my shoes something didn't feel right, so I had to unlace and dump out a squashy cat toy.

I tried Musk Deer last night, and the opening is nice, the cardamom note really stands out. But then it got kind of muddled in the middle, before resolving into a nice woody end. Today's Zoologist is Bee. I have Slowdive so I'm interested to see how they compare.

Last edited:

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
I'm joining House of Phlegethon in wearing a Francis Kurkdjian creation today: Lady Vengeance by Juliet Has a Gun. I'm wearing it in honor of F.K.'s new appointment as Creative Director of Dior.

Today, I will take a long walk around the University of California campus in Irvine. It's mildly hilly and is shaded by a beautiful canopy of mature trees. There is so much lovely landscape and interesting architecture to see while I walk.

Have a good day!

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Forgot to mention: Happy Canadian Thanksgiving tomorrow to Caz, Wingie, FiveOaks, and anyone else I may have forgotten because our national flag I.D.s have disappeared. Please raise a butter tart in my name!

mikeperez23

Be Here. Now.
Basenotes Plus
Dec 31, 2006
I am scent twins with ineespenes in No. 88 by Czech & Speake. It just felt “right” for a morning outside having morning tea (no coffee for me!) and errands. I am still coughing there’s still so much phlegm. I wish I had counted how many times I have coughed I feel like it would be over +500 at this point.

Dad wants to see me (he leaves Tuesday morning) but all I want is to be home laying down. Blech.

ps: Is there no more BN Robot posts?! I miss the robot.

RHM

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 18, 2005
Sending good healing vibes to Mike.
Quarry, I love IO Capri & have it in the parfum strength. It's one of those odd but comforting scents on my skin.
My husband & I took a road trip earlier today to Alton, IL where we visited the Mississippi Mud Pottery shop. (No affiliation, just a long time customer). I have several much loved pieces from 2014. We wanted to replace some coffee mugs & do some Christmas shopping. If you are ever in the area, it's worth a visit.
SOTD was Neil Morris' Zephyr, this was many moons ago purchase in NYC. His line was at Takashymaya, when it was still in NYC. So many changes since then.

ExtremeK

Some of my paths in life are dirt
Basenotes Plus
Jul 5, 2010
(((Mike))) I hope the new week brings improvement for you. I’m sorry you didn’t get to spend more time with your dad.

Trilby, I love your grit!

Happy Thanksgiving to our northern friends! 🦃

The cool autumn weather has finally arrived. We did some harvest decorating on our front porch and spent the evening sitting at our outdoor fire (gas, made from a wine barrel), fleece on and cocktail in hand. Lovely.

I’ve worn Serge Lutens Fumerie Turque all day and just refreshed for bedtime. Good night, all!

Warum

Apr 4, 2010
I picked up a part time job at a local-ish Perfumania, so today I started out driving to work testing Cristal de Roche (Rock Crystal by Olivier Durbano) and Une Nuit Magnétique by Different Company on my wrists, then there was spraying lots of things. Then I told my co-worker to try Angel for women (his fault never trying it on his skin before :p ) and I did it for myself as well.

Now I am testing Naxos Xerjoff and Number One by Nicolai.

Number One is amazing but it might not be for me. I was hoping for a floral aldehydic in the grand old style, but it is really, really too green on me.
Cristal de Roche, on the other hand, is a winner! (but shoot me if I understand why such a name for such a dry warm, even hot as in arid, woody fragrance).

Warum

Apr 4, 2010
Haven't tried that one yet.
I tried Musk Deer last night, and the opening is nice, the cardamom note really stands out. But then it got kind of muddled in the middle, before resolving into a nice woody end. Today's Zoologist is Bee. I have Slowdive so I'm interested to see how they compare.
I would be curious about your impressions of Bee. I really wanted to love it!

knit at nite

Sep 5, 2009
Dearest Fragrance Friends,
It's so exciting to be back home on Basenotes!! Wearing Mauboussin Histoire D'eau today.
Thank you and virtual hugs to everyone who wished me a Happy Birthday earlier this week. I could see your posts but I was not able to respond post until today when our wonderful founder Grant fixed the issue for me.

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
Warum, interesting job news. Work related to a favorite hobby is a tricky thing. I hope it's pure fun for you. You certainly are an uncommonly valuable employee for Perfumania.

🍰 Another slice for our returning Knit. 💚

BN's rebirth, along with returning alums, is like a brand new day! (Or a brand new eve for Cook.bot.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News