SOTD: Saturday, October 2, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Good morning all !. It has been a looooooooooooooooong time since I last started a thread :)

Kicking off Saturday with Neil Morris - Chasing Autumn.

algonquin-park-autumn.jpg

375x500.28118.jpg

Enjoy+Your+Autumn+Weekend.gif

Last edited:

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
I think I'll join you
smiley_beer.gif

Anyone else want to join the party or are we just going to be a drinking duo ?.

Calling teardrop 📞

teardrop

Sep 1, 2010
l'm here, Jon! 🍷

Posting late today as the thread hadn't been started when l went to work this morning, & usually if l start it myself, someone else starts it at the the same time.

lt's pouring with rain here today & l got a proper soaking on the way home, but l'm dried out now & enjoying wine o'clock in Bronze Goddess. l've said this before, but damp weather really brings out the woody notes in this one. :)

cazaubon

Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2005
Hail Brittania! Lizzie Deignan has just won in a brilliant solo attack the first women’s edition of the Paris-Roubaix cycling race. Bravo Lizzie!

I am wearing Cruel Gardenia as it’s still sunny and warm here in San Diego, fall comes late here.

kewart

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 9, 2006
Also posting a lot later than usual!
It is the last day our pool is open down here in
Cagnes-sur-Mer so We have been making the most of it.
The weather is so good here we may never come home .....
I am wearing Mugler Take Me Out from a sample.

Wingie

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 2, 2009
Morning all. Nothing exciting happening over here today - I have a day of housecleaning ahead of me, but I love having a clean house so no complaints. I'll be accompanied by the music of Julianna Barwick, one of my favorite artists. She makes the most gorgeous, uplifting, ambient electronic music comprised mostly of looped and layered voices. I haven't heard anything else quite like it.

I am wearing vintage No. 19 extrait and it is smelling wonderful.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone, and these lovely fall days!

Last edited:

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
I'm torn between preferring @CuddleCat starting the SOTD thread because I enjoy the jolt of opposite-world weather reports, and preferring @JON RODGERS start it for the pure pleasure his photos always bring. Either way is a pleasure, though I do kind of miss the BN Robot too.

I was looking for something autumnal-spicy to join in the weekend sync, and rejected the obvious pumpkiny Like This (Tilda Swinton) by ELDO because I don't much enjoy it. Finally settled on the more-modern version of Halston Z-14 for its distinctive cinnamon and leather.

It has one of my favorite bottle designs, and also one of the most impossible to photograph.
Halston.Z14_2_mine.jpg

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
I bought some samples for the first time in more than a year and the packages arrived yesterday, so I'll be testing them this week and next. I bought the Zoologist Animalics sampler, plus Chipmunk (because ExtremeK liked it) and a Les Indemodables sample set. Kicking off the exploration is Iris Perle.

On the home agenda for today is putting the down duvet on the bed, switching the summer and fall clothes to the proper closets, and cutting down the withered raspberry canes. Most of them died during the 110F+ heat wave. I don't know if I'll have raspberries next year, but I think the underground roots are pretty hard to kill. Quarry would probably know.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012

CuddleCat

It smells so good in here
Basenotes Plus
Aug 20, 2009
I love Jon's SOTD pictures, he always comes up with good ones. I miss seeing what fragrance the Basenotes Robot has chosen to wear!

Weather wise it's very dark and dreary here, I'm hoping for at least a bit of sunshine sometime soon. I joined in on the weekend sync with my sample of Chai by Baruti. Notes: Cinnamon, Cloves, Ginger, Cardamom, Pepper, Black Tea, Steamed Milk, Cocoa, Roses, Vanilla, Musk, Leather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News