Oct 25, 2007
Neroli by LM Parfums

neroli-11475-949018.jpg

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Good morning all ! 🎂 Happy Birthday furrypine 🎂

We have a familiar sound to herald the arrival of autumn. This is what we are hearing constantly

Looks like our visitors will be back on the apple tree again before too long :)

Jean Desprez - Versailles Pour Homme.

032919-04-History-Art-Architecture-Palace-Versailles-French-France.jpg

647fd28951b86f602ea21d6097224935.jpg

Last edited:

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
I started reading this thread before I sprayed, and I was torn between Roberto's No. 19 and Nosyla's Calandre -- so I decided on Yendi, which is right in the middle of both of them and is oh so 1970s.

Yendi (1974) for Capucci

YendiDeCapucci_EDT.1974.jpg

Wingie

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 2, 2009
Morning all and happy bday Furrypine!

Nosyla, Calandre is a classic, I hope you like it!

It's a cool gloomy day here today and I am wearing Lorenzo Villoresi Teint de Neige for the first time. I normally love powdery fragrances but holy moly - this one is assaulting me like a bomb full of baby powder.

ExtremeK

Some of my paths in life are dirt
Basenotes Plus
Jul 5, 2010
(((Quarry))) I’m glad you’re finally being listened to, but I’m distressed that it took an ER trip to accomplish it.

Trilby, the hiking sounds incredible. I’m leery of the desert - I much prefer forested mountains - so I’m deeply impressed by your goal. Can’t wait to hear about it!

Welcome back, (((RHM)))

I thought you might like Chipmunk, foxbins. It’s totally nutty on me, too. I adore it and will definitely be picking up a bottle later this fall! I’ve also fallen hard for Camel.

I did end up joining Jon in Onda Parfum Extrait last night. What a masterwork it is. Today, I’m wearing Diptyque Eau Duelle EDT. My bottle dates from when they were using rectangular packaging.

I’m being totally lazy. It’s after 10:30 here, and I’m still in bed, reading and enjoying coffee.

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
Happy Birthday furrypine! 🎂

I am wearing Chipmunk today. I see one of those 5 travel-sized bottle collections coming to me pretty soon. Does Zoologist do Black Friday, or should I just buy them now?

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
I thought you might like Chipmunk, foxbins. It’s totally nutty on me, too. I adore it and will definitely be picking up a bottle later this fall!

So all you new Chipmunk fans: is it nutty like a gourmand, or nutty like a vetiver?

I’m being totally lazy. It’s after 10:30 here, and I’m still in bed, reading and enjoying coffee.

Pfffft. Amateur. Half past noon is the absolute minimum requirement for qualifying as "totally".

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
Happy birthday, furrypine. 🎂
BN's new cakes look much tastier than the old ones.

Jon, parrots, really? I'd never have thought.

What's better than the smell of coffee in the autumn? Today I doubled up on JM Black Vetyver Cafe with Bond New Haarlem. Mmm-mmm.

I like Nosyla's fit-of-optimism "rationale" for a purchase. I'm thinking I deserve a bottle of reward for maneuvering medical mazes. Well, it never hurts to peruse a few websites with that attitude, right?

(((Quarry))) I’m glad you’re finally being listened to, but I’m distressed that it took an ER trip to accomplish it.
The ticket? A night bag of pink urine. ;)

RHM

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 18, 2005
{{{{{Quarry}}}}}}

Happy birthday furrypine!🎂

Chipmunk is definitely gourmand & woods on my skin. I'm not "in love" with it but I've share it with people who who can't get enough. Alors ça va

I'm leaving for work in a couple of hours& since it's in the upper 80's today, I'm going for something refreshing: DSH Perfumes Saving Grace

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Jon, parrots, really? I'd never have thought.
Completely understandable. They were originally escapees from private collections in the south east but they have thrived in the wild and have now spread as far as southern Scotland. We see them regularly but they are much more vocal and active from October and throughout the winter months. They may be classified as pests but we consider it a privilege to have them in our garden.

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
Completely understandable. They were originally escapees from private collections in the south east but they have thrived in the wild and have now spread as far as southern Scotland. We see them regularly but they are much more vocal and active from October and throughout the winter months. They may be classified as pests but we consider it a privilege to have them in our garden.

We have wild parrots in our neighborhood too. They seem to be seasonally territorial and are quite noisy.

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
I'm wearing Patchouli Nobile today because it was cool this morning. I took a mid-morning hike in the coastal canyons where it warmed up quickly. I have two weeks to condition myself for the Death Valley hiking program and until now I have done nothing to prepare. Death Valley may sound like a flat expanse, and a lot if it is, but it is surrounded by mountains with rough terrain and elevation. I'll do my best...

ExtremeK

Some of my paths in life are dirt
Basenotes Plus
Jul 5, 2010
That sounds delish, but....

...we might have some wide variance in what we consider "nutty"! 😛

I agree with foxbins that Chipmunk’s brand of nutty is gourmand and woody - like an entire hazelnut shrub rather than sweet, roasted hazelnuts, a la Parfumerie Generale Aomassai. Chipmunk is nowhere near as sweet as Aomassai, but I’m betting it’s outside your tolerance, Cook.bot.

Foxbins, I get zero skank from Chipmunk. In fact, I get zero skank from pretty much all of the Zoologist fragrances, which is kind of crazy. Even Musk Deer is just a warm, furry thing on me. That, Camel, and Chipmunk are the only ones I really like.

Speaking of Chipmunk (a lot, as it turns out), it’s my SotN.

Q, seems like that damn well better have the done trick. 😑

Latest News