hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Gengis Khan by Marc De La Morandiere

22357_2edfbf2335c08e2ff87b5b481ced74d1.jpg

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Good morning all !. Going with a new arrival today. My current bottle is virtually empty so why not replace it with a superior vintage :thumbsup:. I don't usually pay much attention to presentation but this definitely has the wow factor and is noticeably more tenacious than the current version. Been after one of these for a long time !.

Amouage Dia.

4YIY9pG.jpg

Ebenas

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2006
Last of the Indémodables samples today -Musc des Sables - was a bit apprehensive of this one as I'm not a major musk fan, and the mention of sand evokes terror of aquatics....

Jon Rodgers: Enjoy your find - looks absolutely gorgeous and I'd imagine the scent is fantastic!

ineespenes

Apr 27, 2006
Good morning everyone :) First of all, Jon that bottle looks stunning :) I've never tried the perfume, but from what I've heard it seems like something I would like :) Today is the Samipeople's day. There's no happenings due to Covid, but we might cook Bidos later :) Sotd for me is No 5.

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
My current bottle is virtually empty so why not replace it with a superior vintage.
Yup!
I don't usually pay much attention to presentation but this definitely has the wow factor
Yup!

After days dealing with "stuff" (notably navigating my entry into ordering my own urostomy supplies because visiting nurses are near ready to let me fly solo -- both frightening and freeing), today I'm planning a supershower, walking on the treadmill, fragrance sampling, seed ordering, and sci-fi watching. Will also be cooking(!) zucchini lasagna. I'll take two sips of Mr. Q's wine at lunch, too. So, as long as the bridge don't break and the creek don't rise (i.e., pouch failure, all too common), this could be a beautifully "normal" day.

cello

Oct 19, 2009
Wow, HoP, I had not known about Christopher Plummer's death before I saw your post. I just saw him in Knives Out last week. R.I.P.
I'm wearing Donna Karan Gold EDT today.

teardrop

Sep 1, 2010
Afternoon all!

Wow, Jon! :thumbsup:

Q, l wish you a wonderfully normal day, & many more to come! :D

l have the day off, & after a foggy start we have beautiful sunshine here. The neighbour's snowdrops are blooming, & l can feel spring is just around the corner, even though we have a chance of snow tomorrow.

My new shoes arrived, & they feel pretty good just walking around the house. The real test will come when l wear them to work tomorrow. The "arch sleeves" are a definite no-go, however. Way too tight, & the pad won't sit in the position that l need it to. l think they're meant for someone with much longer, thinner feet than mine. :rolleyesold:

l'm wearing Royal Egyptian Amber & Honeysuckle today.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Givenchy III (1970) parfum by Raymond Chaillan for Givenchy

Classic. Green. Chypre. Full stop.

Does anything feel more decadent than putting on pure parfum just to lounge around the house in your pajamas? I think not.

GivenchyIII.parfum.jpg

mikeperez23

Be Here. Now.
Basenotes Plus
Dec 31, 2006
Jon - I absolutely love vintage Dia for Men. You lucky dog. There's something about it that reminds me of Habit Rouge. It's the most Guerlain-ish smelling Amouage, in my opinion.

Quarry - enjoy your day. What type of wine did Mr. Q make?

I forgot to post yesterday, when a few of you mentioned Rossy de Palma by ELDO - I really like that one. I always forget about it. It's probably one of my Top 5 rose scents. Have no idea why I've never bought a decant. I need to. I don't have a lot of rose in my wardrobe (Rose 31, some Areej le Dore and Bortnikoff ouds w rose, 1878 Mata Hari, Aromatics Elixir Perfumers Reserve...) but I feel like the RdP would be a nice spring/summer rose. I also think I smell rose in You Or Someone Like You by ELDO - does anyone else?

Went to Cross Fit this morning (Miami is hot again - I sweat like a dog!) and then did some errands. I'm negotiating with the Listing Agent for the rental we put an offer on. I'll do some laundry. We might go see another apartment complex (just in case) and then I plan on housesitting for a friend who's in Santiago, Chile for a month and raiding his well-stocked cocktail bar :wink:

I wore a tiny bit of this before CF - I will wear more later:

Lys 41 by Le Labo

26139359-8636.jpg

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
Happy Saturday! I thought I'd sample Chanel Jersey today. Its opening notes of wildflowers and grass intrigue me, and it has lavender in the mid, along with rose and jasmine. I hope it's good. I don't see it mentioned often on BN.

khanada

Mar 3, 2020
Afternoon/Evening all,

Congratulations, Jon!! Dia is superb, even in current vintage.

I’m wearing Prada Infusion d’Iris Absolue. I sometimes hear rumors that this is discontinued. But I have been hearing this, since I bought it, years ago. Perhaps it is like Chanel No. 19, which I believe comes, and goes, depending on what is happening with the iris crop.
26133700-6949.jpg

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
Thanks, teardrop, Caz, Mike. Mike, you're wearing one of my faves.
I swapped seeing our visiting daughter for treadmill time, but otherwise the day is proceeding as desired. Little Q is so thoughtful to cook and drive some distance to deliver food to us. Lasagna lunch was great. Mr. Q's wine, a blend of elderberry and grape, is sweeter and grapier than I like, preferring bone dry and tasting more of oak than fruit, but still a pleasure.

J A S M I N E
My favorite jasmine-scented product is Bela triple-milled natural soap from Australia. I've been looking for a jasmine-forward perfume that attracts me as much. I ordered Keiko Mecheri Clair Obscur (tuberose dominates the jasmine and "meh"), Rogue Jasmin Antique (I'll wear another day), and today's Grandiflora Madagascan Jasmine. Its green notes impart a visit-to-the-botanical-dome quality that couldn't come at a better time of year. MJ reminds me of some scents I've sampled that pretend to be lilac. It's a pleasure to wear this today, but I won't be needing more.

Last edited:

Wingie

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 2, 2009
I’m wearing Prada Infusion d’Iris Absolue. I sometimes hear rumors that this is discontinued. But I have been hearing this, since I bought it, years ago. Perhaps it is like Chanel No. 19, which I believe comes, and goes, depending on what is happening with the iris crop.
26133700-6949.jpg

Khanada, Infusion d’Iris Absolue is one of my top favourites. It was supposed to be a limited edition when it was released in 2012 - I haven’t seen it at retailers for a while but someone was recently selling bottles on eBay at regular retail price, so I took advantage and bought a back-up. The gold bottle is stunning too.

Right now I’m in l’Artisan Drole de Rose - sometimes this one works and sometimes it doesn’t. Today it’s working quite well and I am really enjoying the fruity violet - it’s a cheerful pick-me-up that is making the deep freeze here more bearable.

Sending well wishes to everyone!

khanada

Mar 3, 2020
Khanada, Infusion d’Iris Absolue is one of my top favourites. It was supposed to be a limited edition when it was released in 2012 - I haven’t seen it at retailers for a while but someone was recently selling bottles on eBay at regular retail price, so I took advantage and bought a back-up. The gold bottle is stunning too.

Right now I’m in l’Artisan Drole de Rose - sometimes this one works and sometimes it doesn’t. Today it’s working quite well and I am really enjoying the fruity violet - it’s a cheerful pick-me-up that is making the deep freeze here more bearable.

Sending well wishes to everyone!

I remember that, and wondered what was happening when it first disappeared, and then showed back up again. I should probably buy a backup. There are few perfumes I worry about living without, but I would be heartbroken if I ran out of this, and I don’t want to pay what the aftermarket will probably be asking for it, if and, when, it is finally, officially gone, should that come to pass. I agree with you that it’s one of the greats, and I chase orris, like Don Draper chased sad brunettes.

khanada

Mar 3, 2020
Good afternoon all.
Not my usual winter choice, but today I'm wearing Verveine by L'Occitane.

I think everyone is feeling winter burnout. Give us a few months, and we’ll be reaching around our citrus colognes, for our ambers, and talking, longingly, about crisp air. I am clinging to the cool air while we have it. One advantage, of a permanent relocation to the lake, is that it is a little
north, and west, of here, meaning longer transitional and cool seasons, lower temps overall, and, of course, significantly better air quality. The longer I am away from the city, the more I notice its effects. Yet I miss the pleasant bustle of busy people, and I am enjoying access to much, much better food, especially the dynamite neighborhood wood-fired pizza place, and all the sub-regional Asian food.

I am still in the throes of Infusion Absolue’s long dry down, and trying to finish a review of it. There is so much to say about this perfume that I hope I can hit my target of 1 review a day. It is now in its chocolatey phase, which reminds me a lot of Coromandel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News