Robert-Piguet-Knightsbridge.jpg

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Knightsbridge by Robert Piguet

Robert-Piguet-Knightsbridge.jpg

Great choice, hednic :thumbsup:

Good morning all !. Dull outside but spirits are high for a day of celebration. It is Jenny's birthday today and I will be pushing the boat out. We will be having lunch at this delightful place. It is within walking distance so no need to worry about driving after a glass or two :smiley:

St-Michaels-Manor-St-Albans-1.jpg

St-Michaels-Manor-St-Albans-garden.jpg

Decided to go with one of her all time favourites for the occasion. Creed - Silver Mountain Water.

635383.jpg

creed-silver-mountain-water-review.jpg

5057889_b7a9f.gif

kewart

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 9, 2006
Bonjour mes amis!

Happy birthday to Jon's Jenny. Hope you had
a wonderful meal.

We eventually arrived in the South of France
yesterday evening after a long, arduous drive
from Calais via Dijon (overnight stop.) I will need
a very quiet weekend now for my spine to recover
from the journey and it wasn't even me doing the driving.
I think I'll fly next time!

Lovely to be here again at long last and celebrating by wearing
vintage Diorissimo.

ClockworkAlice

We all smell here
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Happy birthday to Jenny!
Jon, I'm wishing you both a wonderful time! :thumbsup:

I woke up early and hungry today, so I already had my first breakfast (coffee with some cookies in bed) while wearing my morning before shower scents (Lush's Karma and Breath of God), showered, stretched, put on my Saturday perfume (John Galliano), made and ate my second breakfast (tea and lox sandwiches at the table) and am peacefully petting a cat on my lap and browsing the internet with the remaining tea (black loose leaf with peach aroma, nothing fancy).

If I lived in Tolkien's world I would be a hobbit for sure because I really appreciate their peaceful approach to life and of course second breakfasts.

My goals today are to clean the shower and to clean the fridge as both are starting to scream for my attention. This post is my way of procrastinating that.
After I finish these tasks and of course lunch, my reward will be to go and watch Dune in cinema with bf. Maybe some drinks or a meal afterwards :)

Have a peaceful Saturday!

Hugs for kewart. Hopefully your spine recovers soon! Best luck during the trip, too!

More hugs for Q. You deserve more sleep, dear.

tdem1961

I smell something…
Basenotes Plus
Jun 19, 2005
Hello and best to everyone. Happy birthday to your dear Jenny, Jon!
Kewart I hope you feel better soon and Quarry, sleepy vibes to you.

Armani Prive New York today. When I turned 60 in June, John’s gift to me was a trip to a location somewhere on US Route 60. He hasn’t said where, he wants me to be surprised. You’ll all find out as soon as I do. :) We leave this morning, back home Wednesday night. Take care, all.

FiveoaksBouquet

Scented.
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
Happy special occasions and bons voyages to the participants!

Following an estate sale acquisition yesterday, I was prompted to wear Shalimar eau de cologne. Shalimar has always been among my "permanent collection" perfumes and was my signature scent in the past, but until today, I hadn't worn it since the mid 1980s. Welcome back, Shalimar!

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
It must be true that social media encourages unhealthy personal comparisons, because I'm feeling very jealous of Alice's double breakfasts, Kewart's French holiday, and Jon's celebration luncheon. But along with the envy, it's extremely pleasant to read of so many happy adventures rather than hug-inducing news.

I'm doing absolutely nothing remarkable today, but at least I'm doing it in humidity-free weather and with the windows open. That's enough to make me pretty happy -- that, and the Eau de Patou I'm wearing again this morning because I enjoyed it so much as yesterday's final cologne sync.

EauDePatou_SansTalonsHauts.advert.jpb.jpg

cazaubon

Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2005
Happy birthday to Jenny and bon voyage to tdem on her belated birthday trip! Good rest vibes to kewart and Quarry.

I’m testing samples this morning, one of them, Jousset African Queen, smelled really familiar - it reminds me a lot of 4160 Tuesdays Truth, Beauty, Freedom, Love. Will have a wash and then move on to my SOTD.

cazaubon

Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2005
Happy birthday to Jenny and bon voyage to tdem on her belated birthday trip! Good rest vibes to kewart and Quarry.

I’m testing samples this morning, one of them, Jousset African Queen, smelled really familiar - it reminds me a lot of 4160 Tuesdays Truth, Beauty, Freedom, Love. Will have a wash and then move on to my SOTD.

ExtremeK

Some of my paths in life are dirt
Basenotes Plus
Jul 5, 2010
Happy Birthday to Jenny! The location for her birthday outing looks lovely. I hope you both had a wonderful time!

Bon voyage to tdem for birthday trip, too! And continued safe travels and fun times in France to kewart!

It’s an all-around lovely day in SotD. Happy hugs to all.

SotD is Bracken Woman.

freewheelingvagabond

Jun 10, 2012
Happy birthday to Jenny! :birthdays:

I put on Acqua di Gio Profumo at 9 am before leaving for my morning outdoor dance class. Now just showered after lunch, and having some veggie chips with Harp lager. This beer very much reminds me of the lager beers that I would drink when back in India. I'm really enjoying the aromatics in Baie de Genievre. Lovely dark clouds and rain outside, and everything is wonderful.

SOTA

fit.16298.jpg

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
Happy birthday, lucky Jenny. May you always know the pleasures you undoubtedly enjoyed this day.

CwAlice, I never heard of, but have long been a fan of, a first and second breakfast.

Tdem, you have a brilliant husband!

Outdoor dance class, FWV? That sounds delightful.

I took tiny spritzes from my wardrobe this morn and couldn't find the right thing. Mostly Rose Flash and Angel Muse came through, although I might have had 5 or 6 things going on.

DD came to town with yet more dog-birthday-excused desserts. :thumbup: My B&BW order arrived, and as my mail carrier (who always sees me working out in the yard) handed the box to me, he said, "I like your shirt." :thumbup: But today's greatest gift was a surprise visit from my buddy Mike with whom I traveled by train to/from our BN Denver meet-up in April 2017. He couldn't stay long, but my heart is brimming for getting even 20 minutes of "Mike time." :thumbup:
20210925_180411.jpg

Attachments

• 20210925_180411.jpg
    20210925_180411.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 21

Latest News