SOTD: Saturday, 24th July, 2021

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Mahayla by Atelier Des Ors!

P10530204016249_000_001.jpg

teardrop

Sep 1, 2010
Morning all!

Shycat, l hope things calm down for you soon.

ComDiva, hang in there. l know you'll find an employer who recognises your considerable talents!

Overnight we've had wind, rain & a few rumbles of thunder. Today it's cloudy, with the temps now in the mid-twenties. l'm only just up, & contemplating my SOTD choice...

kewart

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 9, 2006
Good morning.

I am wearing L'Occitane's Verbena Mint Body Ice Gel
for starters. It is very cooling and refreshing after a sticky
night.

Sending support to all those in need of it.

verbena mint.jpg

Last edited:

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Ivoire de Balmain (1980)

It just dawned on me today that of all the many, many bottles I've owned of Ivoire since it first came out in 1980, I've never owned the parfum. I think that should go on the bucket list. I'm imagining it would be less bitter and sharp than the EDT is.

Today I get to combine it with the cooling factor of some vintage bath powder I picked up earlier this year.

550w-3-300x300.jpg

IvoireDeBalmain_VintageBathPowder_March2021.jpg

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
Hello everyone, today I'm joining the Chanel-wearers. It's Sycomore edp for me.

Me too! I'm wearing Chanel No. 19 Poudre (again). Lately, I've been feeling ambivalent when selecting my SOTDs so I think I'll try repeat wears for a while.

I'm thinking about culling my collection a bit too, House of Phlegethon. I need a strategy. Maybe I'll start with a review of my Most Worn in the Last Year. I think it's time to admit I don't really like Shalimar and probably never will...

HouseOfPhlegethon

be huffin' parfums
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2017
Me too! I'm wearing Chanel No. 19 Poudre (again). Lately, I've been feeling ambivalent when selecting my SOTDs so I think I'll try repeat wears for a while.

I'm thinking about culling my collection a bit too, House of Phlegethon. I need a strategy. Maybe I'll start with a review of my Most Worn in the Last Year. I think it's time to admit I don't really like Shalimar and probably never will...

I've been selling off a lot of stuff on eBay lately. I donate a lot, too. Every time I review my fragrance collection, I think, "Do I really need all these decent-sized decants and full bottles?" I'm frickin' 58! I won't live long enough to wear it all! And, too be honest, if and when my husband dies? I really won't care a rats a** about perfume, at. all. - might as well cull-it-all-again. I DO have many scents even after culling a few times, that smell similar... I don't need three versions of Shalimar, for example, or 4 versions of Lolita Lempicka. :shocked:

Staff online

Latest News