hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Itabaia 29 by Pierre Guillaume

ITABAI%CC%88A-1-789x1024.jpg

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Good morning all !. foxbins, those "spider bites" sound awful !. One in particular made me cringe :tongue: :grin:

Creed - Jardin D'Amalfi.

amalfi23.jpg

375x500.13389.jpg

kewart

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 9, 2006
Good morning.

We're off to bonny Scotland today for my niece's wedding on
Loch Lomond on Sunday,

I'll wear Clarins Eau Ressourcante for the long journey.

I may not post for a few days as we are travelling through France
next week too so don't worry about me!

ineespenes

Apr 27, 2006
Good morning everyone :) Today is a sunny day and it's my dad's birthday today. We celebrate it tomorrow at my sister's with Applepie and coffee. I'm looking forward to see my niece and nephew again in particular :) Today the bf and I have booked a table at a relatively new restaurant. Looking forward to that too.I'm kind of tired lately due to studies and fulltime work, so I need this :) Have a great day everyone :)Oh, and sotd is Aromatics elexir.

Last edited:

teardrop

Sep 1, 2010
Afternoon all!

Happy travels to kewart!

Clockwork, glad to hear your nose is functioning again!

lne, enjoy your well-deserved break from work & study. Believe me, l know how important that is! And Happy Birthday to your dad! :birthdays:

l've snagged some overtime for tomorrow, so we're going to the pub together today instead of Sunday for a change. lt's warm & sunny here, & l'll be wearing OSA. :coolold:

tdem1961

I smell something…
Basenotes Plus
Jun 19, 2005
Hello and best to everyone. ClockworkAlice I’m so glad you got your sniffer back.
Safe and happy travels to our revelers!

Estee Lauder Sensuous Noir today.

Shycat

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 18, 2005
:smiley: Happy to amuse those who find me amusing.:smiley:

HoP Tennessee has four days of scattered thunderstorms predicted. I sat out and watched my birds get breakfast in a light drizzle--always cute since they shake off the water just like a dog. I listened to the distant thunder of a storm passing just north of me and thought of you.

Foxbins I grew up in a country house that had a sturdy population of fiddler spiders inside. My bites, both these three and one a couple of years ago, come from cutting deadwood out of some 20 year old Leyland cypress. There is a great deal of old shaggy bark, so though I didn't see the spider I am familiar with the bite marks. I don't react severely.

Plus, brown recluses are endemic in Kentucky and Tennessee. They are very shy. You just don't see them unless you knock one into your shirt and it feels said shirt about to crush it. I don't have them inside my house, I think, because I also have a sturdy population of centipedes. House centipedes are a beneficial, also extremely shy. When I see one that's fallen into my bathtub I get it out very carefully, since they are delicate, and send it on it's way.

If I were to spray around my house, or inside my home, I would kill all the centipedes and be left with (in my mother's experienced words) brain damaged spiders that can't run away from you.

Again, on the plus side, I had some trouble with bagworms on the cypress for a while....but not in the last few years. I did chainsaw all the lower limbs off. I was very very careful to stand off to the side! This way, I won't be brushing under a limb to pull a weed. No spiders in my hair, thank you very much. It's a live and let live scenario. Except for the bagworms.

I enjoyed my Matin Calin yesterday. As today is slated for cleaning out the pantry, I am in it again.

Larimar

Apr 23, 2010
Good evening,
Ah, kewart... the good life in France, eh? The food and wine I suppose. :)
Habanita Parfum for tonight.
Best to all of you :kiss:

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Very nice to hear so much happy news of travelling and dining out. Kewart, an autumn wedding in Scotland sounds divine -- not to mention scooting off to France afterwards.

Shy, I have the exact same plan for today: pantry cleaning. I'm a little scared of what I might find in there.

And I'll be doing it in a 2nd day of Chanel Sycomore.

Sycomore.EDT.InCypress.jpg

mikeperez23

Be Here. Now.
Basenotes Plus
Dec 31, 2006
I have plans also: big dance party happening in downtown Miami with 2 very big DJ’s (whom I’ve followed for years) at a party that should go on until way into the morning on Sunday ((crossing fingers))

Here with my aunt who just had back surgery in a big cloud of:

Devin by Aramis

A scent that makes me think about my uncle (my aunt I am with today used to buy this for her husband). I love this stuff.

HouseOfPhlegethon

be huffin' parfums
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2017
:smiley: Happy to amuse those who find me amusing.:smiley:

HoP Tennessee has four days of scattered thunderstorms predicted. I sat out and watched my birds get breakfast in a light drizzle--always cute since they shake off the water just like a dog. I listened to the distant thunder of a storm passing just north of me and thought of you.

Foxbins I grew up in a country house that had a sturdy population of fiddler spiders inside. My bites, both these three and one a couple of years ago, come from cutting deadwood out of some 20 year old Leyland cypress. There is a great deal of old shaggy bark, so though I didn't see the spider I am familiar with the bite marks. I don't react severely.

Plus, brown recluses are endemic in Kentucky and Tennessee. They are very shy. You just don't see them unless you knock one into your shirt and it feels said shirt about to crush it. I don't have them inside my house, I think, because I also have a sturdy population of centipedes. House centipedes are a beneficial, also extremely shy. When I see one that's fallen into my bathtub I get it out very carefully, since they are delicate, and send it on it's way.

If I were to spray around my house, or inside my home, I would kill all the centipedes and be left with (in my mother's experienced words) brain damaged spiders that can't run away from you.

Again, on the plus side, I had some trouble with bagworms on the cypress for a while....but not in the last few years. I did chainsaw all the lower limbs off. I was very very careful to stand off to the side! This way, I won't be brushing under a limb to pull a weed. No spiders in my hair, thank you very much. It's a live and let live scenario. Except for the bagworms.

I enjoyed my Matin Calin yesterday. As today is slated for cleaning out the pantry, I am in it again.

Ahhhh!, thunderstorms. None predicted in my parts for the upcoming week. :sad:

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
... left with (in my mother's experienced words) brain damaged spiders that can't run away from you.
And now I have an idea of where you get some of your sense of humor.

I hope everyone stays bite-free this weekend.

Wearing Mona's Nuit Noire. She could have named it Sex & Oranges.

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
I'm wearing Chanel Coromandel again today.

My big plan for today is to go to Sur La Table to pick up an 8 inch quiche pan. I'm going to make Julia Child's Onion Quiche next Friday for when I watch the Yankee's baseball game with my new friend. My other quiche pans are larger.

ComDiva

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 4, 2006
Hello, everyone, congrats to kewart and niece, also anyone else travelling, and Mike, please dance at least one over-the-top dance for me!

SOTD is Fragonard Encens Fève Tonka. Suits today's on-again-off-again slightly chilly weather.

26138709-1164.jpg

Encens Fève Tonka fragrance notes: Bergamot, Clove, Mandarin, Pepper, Apple, Jasmine, Rose, Incense, Tonka bean, Vanilla, Wood

FiveoaksBouquet

Scented.
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
Greeting, fellow basenoters! May all your stated endeavours unfold to your satisfaction!

Wearing Mugler Angel Nova, which has turned out to be a real winner for me, now on my second bottle. Here to represent the fragrance today is a photo of the little mini.

32730F9C-5018-452D-B66E-A7CD3DB0F769.jpg

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
My new bottle of Habit Rouge edp arrived today so that's what I'm wearing now. It is intensely strong - not for the feint of heart! Apparently, I tested it three times already because I'm now on my fourth wear.

Last edited:

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
Greeting, fellow basenoters! May all your stated endeavours unfold to your satisfaction!

Wearing Mugler Angel Nova, which has turned out to be a real winner for me, now on my second bottle. Here to represent the fragrance today is a photo of the little mini.

Lovely, FiveoaksBouquet, just lovely. I must go get my Angel star refilled and perhaps sample Nova while I'm at it.

cazaubon

Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2005
I'm wearing Chanel Coromandel again today.

My big plan for today is to go to Sur La Table to pick up an 8 inch quiche pan. I'm going to make Julia Child's Onion Quiche next Friday for when I watch the Yankee's baseball game with my new friend. My other quiche pans are larger.

I love everything about this post! Just unpacked my quiche pan, I need to put it to work. Wearing a bunch of Guerlain samples of the newly repackaged l’Art et la Matière line to see whether they’ve been reformulated. I would say not much, they are all recognizable, any changes are minimal.

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
So quiche takes a special pan?

Yes, traditionally it's a shallow pan with fluted straight sides and a removable bottom. After the baked quiche cools, you lift it out of its rim and place it on a serving platter. The straight pastry sides do not collapse as an angled pie crust would. However, you can always make quiche in a pie pan but you would lose the nice presentation. I hope that makes sense.

Latest News