hednic

Oct 25, 2007
The Night by Frederic Malle

Frederic-Malle-The-Night_2048x2048.png

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Stop the presses!! I think there's been a rip in the fabric of the space/time continuum.

Every day at exactly 5:59 PM (USA Eastern, GMT minus 4 hours) the Basenotes Robot posts his SOTD for the following day, and Hednic always, always, ALWAYS posts at exactly the same time.

But today -- the Robot posted at 5:59, and Hednic didn't post until 6:37 PM.

Are we all going to die?

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Stop the presses!! I think there's been a rip in the fabric of the space/time continuum.

Every day at exactly 5:59 PM (USA Eastern, GMT minus 4 hours) the Basenotes Robot posts his SOTD for the following day, and Hednic always, always, ALWAYS posts at exactly the same time.

Are we all going to die?

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Good morning all !. :birthdays: Happy Birthday Monsieur Montana :birthdays:

Great to have you back, khanada :thumbsup:. (I share your frustrations about the world in general, btw).

Creed - Green Valley.

country-road-thru-a-beautiful-alpine-valley-in-summer-1080P-wallpaper.jpg

nd.4259.jpg

kewart

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 9, 2006
I am wearing a new acquisition - a miniature bottle of Jean D'Albret's
original Casaque perfume.
I first wore this in the mid-seventies, whilst living in France for a year.
It cost me a fair chunk of my first month's salary!
It was then discontinued, sadly.

Aldehydes, Bergamot, Carnation, Hyacinth, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Mimosa, Musk, Rose, Sandalwood, Ylang-ylang, Lemon.
A very powdery, soft, floral with lots of character and a bit of skank.

casaque.jpg

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Happy birthday MonsieurMontana!

I met my parents and we're off to the countryside to meet dad's sisters and their families. I missed my cousins, especially my oldest one who's living in London for many years now. Now she's back to Lithuania for vacation.

Bois d'Iris by VC & Arpels today.

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
(((BN Robot))) When you robots become our overlords, remember who your friends were. :vrolijk_26:

Heading out to the landscape to do who-knows-what with glee and pungent Isvaraya. This is my energy level ...

ineespenes

Apr 27, 2006
Hello everyone :) Today I feel much better than I have the last few days. The argument with the bf is more sorted out. Today and tomorrow we will try to do something nice together. Today we might go to an Etiopean restaurant and tomorrow we have booked a table at a more traditional Norwegian food -place. Sotd is Shalimar edt. This is my oldest bottle, from around 2000 and the longevity is kind of affected. It still smells nice, though :)

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
Double whammy of heat and smoke today. I was thinking about shopping for new sandals, but I think I will wait. The tomatoes are finally ripening, I ate one yesterday as big as a small melon and there are a few more that size. The zucchini grew and grew also, too big and tough to eat, but there are more blossoms on the plant. I'm wearing Cedre Sambac this morning. Wishing you all a restorative weekend.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
The zucchini grew and grew also, too big and tough to eat,

Even the tough ones can be shredded into pasta sauce!
https://smittenkitchen.com/2021/06/zucchini-butter-spaghetti/

but there are more blossoms on the plant.

And those squash blossoms are edible!

Foxbins, how long is the actual trip for you, door to door, from Hawaii to home? And are you able to fly into Portland or do you have to transfer?

I just got the most astonishing full ounce of 1980s vintage pewtertop Eau d'Hermes from a Basenotes buddy and I'm going to be wearing it all weekend. This is without doubt the most sensual perfume I've ever smelled.

EauDHermes_1989_RoRo.200ml.PewterCap.jpg
photo swiped from RoRo

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
Even the tough ones can be shredded into pasta sauce!
https://smittenkitchen.com/2021/06/zucchini-butter-spaghetti/

And those squash blossoms are edible!

Foxbins, how long is the actual trip for you, door to door, from Hawaii to home? And are you able to fly into Portland or do you have to transfer?

I just got the most astonishing full ounce of 1980s vintage pewtertop Eau d'Hermes from a Basenotes buddy and I'm going to be wearing it all weekend. This is without doubt the most sensual perfume I've ever smelled.

View attachment 159611
photo swiped from RoRo

Cook.bot, I have so much zucchini I can toss the not-perfect ones. I used to order fried squash blossoms when I lived in NYC's Little Italy, but I hardly fry anything these days, though frying some blossoms would cut down on the glut of actual zucchini...hmmm.
From my condo to HNL is 15-20 minutes, the flight is about 5 hours and 20 minutes, depending on the jet stream, and I'm 20 minutes from PDX airport, so door to door is about six hours. Both Alaska and Hawaiian airlines have non-stops from Portland. If I leave at 7:30 am, I can be in Honolulu by 10:30 am their time.

Congrats on the Eau d'Hermes, it sounds fantastic!

ComDiva

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 4, 2006
Hello, everyone, and happy birthday Monsieur Montana :birthdays:

Thanks for the b'day wishes yesterday! It was a very nice birthday. Tonight if the weather cooperates (cooler than the past few beastly days but not raining) we may have a few people over for cupcakes, lemon squares and bubbly with our fire pit providing atmosphere.

Today I just felt like wearing The Different Company Un Parfum des Sens et Bois. A fairly transparent, light and dry (and therefore good in this heat!) woody incense.

26126804-1370.jpg

Spectacular Saturday to all!

Un Parfum des Sens et Bois fragrance notes: Black pepper, Bergamot, Ginger, Incense, White violet, Neroli, Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Patchouli.

khanada

Mar 3, 2020

Are we all going to die?

:undecided:

Oh no. Not another tragic ending for humanity . . .

Thank you for the welcome back words, NCal and Q. Also, belated birthday wishes to ComDiva!!

I’m wearing Rania J Jasmin Kama today—an unexpected pleasure, not just another pretty floriental—a pretty and clever floriental witha a surprising twist of petrichor. I like this house. No disappointments so far, lots of interesting little surprises—just not quite sure what the house style is about,although I intend to figure out if there is.

[ing]https://www.basenotes.net/photos/products/300/26140009-219.jpg[/img]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News