Oct 25, 2007
vector-black-ribbon-vector-id915202824
Boreale by L'Arc Parfums

boreale.jpg

Last edited:

cazaubon

Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2005
Thanks for the kind thoughts foxbins, I’m happy to report that I felt better as the day went on and I’m now chipper and wide awake at 11:20pm. LOL. I’ll be wearing Heeley Jasmine OD today (previously known as Bubblegum Chic).

tdem1961

I smell something…
Basenotes Plus
Jun 19, 2005
Hello and best to everyone. YSL Cinema today.

To our friends overseas - thank you for your kindness. May we always deserve you. Xo

ineespenes

Apr 27, 2006
Good morning everyone :) Adding my support for the thoughts already mentioned about this day... Today I woke up to a sunny day :) It's been raining non stop for over a week now, so this was a nice change :) I have another lateshift and sotd is Egoiste.

ComDiva

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 4, 2006
To our friends overseas - thank you for your kindness. May we always deserve you. Xo

I think Terry said it perfectly. Today, as I try to do each year on this day, I'll be wearing a pair of dangly red bead earrings that belonged to a woman named Joanne, who was becoming a new friend to me when she died in the collapse of the Towers. May her memory be a blessing.

SOTD is Neil Morris Fragrances Chasing Autumn.

26144527-5295.jpg

Chasing Autumn fragrance notes: Cypriol, Siberian fir, Leather, Cypress, Coffee, Amber, Nutmeg, Vetiver, Atlas cedarwood

ExtremeK

Some of my paths in life are dirt
Basenotes Plus
Jul 5, 2010

What an eloquent way to express a beautiful thought, tdem.

1000 times both of these.

I'm doing some sampling this weekend. This morning, it's been Terre d'Hermes EDT and Bel Ami EDT. I like both very much, but I think I prefer Bel Ami.

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
House twins with tdem1961 and N.CAL in YSL Libre Intense. I love the scent and I love the bottle because it is so hefty. I like it when houses create a custom bottle for each fragrance that reflects its olfactory personality.

I remember the tender days following 9/11. I was extra kind and patient towards everyone I encountered because I was mindful that they might be grieving the loss of someone dear. Now, we've lost so many more to Covid. Stunning.

mikeperez23

Be Here. Now.
Basenotes Plus
Dec 31, 2006
I participated in Friday's Sync (but forgot to post). I wore Forest Walk by Sonoma Scent Studio which I wore from a sample for the first time, from a sample I am fairly certain I acquired at the Basenotes Meet Up in Chicago. I have heard so many good things about Forest Walk that I expected to like it immediately so I decanted my glass vial into an atomizer to spray it on and thank goodness I didn't overspray it because I did not like it at all. I re-applied it later in the day - nope! Bothered my nose and didn't smell like a "forest" at all. I wonder if my sample turned. I do still have another SSS sample (can't remember which one) and I do remember really loving the sandalwood-aldehydic-yummy Champagne de Bois when I had a decant of it years ago...yeah but unfortunately Forest Walk is not for me.

I went out with friends last night and got home too late, but I still managed to make it to the 10 am Cross Fit class (the class was in honor of 9/11 heroes and it was TOUGH). I am relaxing now. I might join friends at a brewery now (Giancarlo is out of town, recording new music with his good friend in Orlando)

I wore this again. Seems I'm addicted to the soapy Mysore:

Il Dieci X by Bogue

26159955-3761.jpg

Staff online

Latest News