SOTD: Monday, October 4, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
I'm wearing Tiare by Ormonde Jayne.
That's the only OJ that I really, truly love. Such a gorgeous green floral. I was hoping their Qi would be as good, but no such luck.

We're having a return of heat, hopefully brief: 88F/30C here today, with a little bump in humidity, so I'm going back to green and crisp: Eau de Lierre, the ivy scent by Diptyque.
DiptyqueEauDeLierre.jpg

CuddleCat

It smells so good in here
Basenotes Plus
Aug 20, 2009
That's the only OJ that I really, truly love. Such a gorgeous green floral. I was hoping their Qi would be as good, but no such luck.

We're having a return of heat, hopefully brief: 88F/30C here today, with a little bump in humidity, so I'm going back to green and crisp: Eau de Lierre, the ivy scent by Diptyque.
I've tried a few OJ scents but not Qi and Tiare was the only one that was FB worthy. I love the balance between the citrus/floral notes and that it has an overall green chypre feel to it.

I love the ivy note in the original LL perfume, I might check out Eau du Lierre. Do you know if the geranium note is strong in EdL?

Does anyone know how to split quotes so you can comment to individual sections of the quote?

ClockworkAlice

We all smell here
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Does anyone know how to split quotes
Like this?
so you can comment to individual sections of the quote?
First go there and choose "Toggle BB code"

1633330167090.png

And then just add [ / quote ] (without spaces) where your first part of the quote ends and add [ quote ] before the start of your second part of the quote so it looks like this:

1633330308819.png

ClockworkAlice

We all smell here
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
I really like the new forum, it feels very intuitive to me. I never knew how to properly do things in the old forum, even trying to upload an image was an hour of trial and error every time. :D

Lolita Lempicka Elixir Sublime today. It's basically a winter version of Lolita Lempicka Mon Premier.

Grant

Basenotes Founder
Staff member
Basenotes Plus
Sep 29, 2000
I've tried a few OJ scents but not Qi and Tiare was the only one that was FB worthy. I love the balance between the citrus/floral notes and that it has an overall green chypre feel to it.

I love the ivy note in the original LL perfume, I might check out Eau du Lierre. Do you know if the geranium note is strong in EdL?

If you press Enter while in the quote, it should break it for you
Does anyone know how to split quotes so you can comment to individual sections of the quote?

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
I really like the new forum, it feels very intuitive to me. I never knew how to properly do things in the old forum, even trying to upload an image was an hour of trial and error every time. :D

Wholeheartedly agree. There is always an air of trepidation with a new venture but the update is on another level both intuitively and aesthetically. Grant has done a magnificent job (y)(y)(y)

Maison Francis Kurkdjian - Grand Soir.

HJogsx.jpg

05d2cc6008405f130c7548560c951d99.jpg

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
Hi-oh, pioneer posters. Good to see each of you.

Isvaraya is SOTD, with Hove Rue Royale and Rogue Jasmin Antique. If I smell Isvaraya and then turn my wrist over and smell RR, then RR smells completely different from usual, like some weird illusion. There's something unifying these three seemingly disparate scents. Fun.

Last night: 1 hr 9 min. That's no typo.

BetsyMeszaros

Sep 5, 2010
Wholeheartedly agree. There is always an air of trepidation with a new venture but the update is on another level both intuitively and aesthetically. Grant has done a magnificent job (y)(y)(y)

Maison Francis Kurkdjian - Grand Soir.

HJogsx.jpg

05d2cc6008405f130c7548560c951d99.jpg
I would like to try this. A trip to Neiman Marcus is in my future.

Wingie

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 2, 2009
The members are trickling in - it's starting to feel like things are returning to normal again.

Quarry, I'm so sorry you're not sleeping again. I have no suggestions but very much empathize and hope it passes soon.

It looks like it's going to be another unseasonably warm week here. Wearing Futur by Robert Piguet.

Last edited:

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012

Ivy is my favorite thing about original LL, and the Diptyque's version is very similar. I wouldn't say the geranium is strong, but it is definitely noticeable. The whole scent is pretty powerful for a Diptyque; I put on about 5 sprays today and I had to wipe some off, it was making me a bit headachey.

It's good to see Donna and others back today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News