hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Vanilla Diorama by Dior

diorparfums_mcd_vanilla_diorama_film_1440_1200.jpg

mikeperez23

Be Here. Now.
Basenotes Plus
Dec 31, 2006
Hello everyone...can't really go into full details but my mother died on last Friday and I'm here in LA with Dad, we're doing good and I'll be here for a week to help him.

Been wearing Mysore Lime by Madhat a lot. It makes me think of Basenotes and Ryan and it also smells great in hot dry weather.

Hugs all around - I miss you all but I need to be offline a bit more until the dust settles...

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Hello everyone...can't really go into full details but my mother died on last Friday and I'm here in LA with Dad, we're doing good and I'll be here for a week to help him.

Been wearing Mysore Lime by Madhat a lot. It makes me think of Basenotes and Ryan and it also smells great in hot dry weather.

Hugs all around - I miss you all but I need to be offline a bit more until the dust settles...

I'm sorry to hear this Mike, and condolences to you and your family during these times. You have the support of the Basenotes family behind you.

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Good morning all !. Mike, I am so sorry. Will be keeping you all in my thoughts.

Amouage Reflection.

6276a272b52d7aa152f9a102652589e0.jpg

375x500.920.jpg

Happy BNiversary, Mrs Q :beer:

:birthdays: Birthday greetings to BRM85282 :birthdays:

teardrop

Sep 1, 2010
Morning all, Happy Birthday BRM :birthdays:, & a Happy BN-iversary, dear Q! :beer:

(((((lne))))), l hope your first day back at work goes smoothly.

mike, l am so very sorry for your loss. Loving thoughts to you & your dad.

l'll be getting a few light chores done today, & trying my sample of Flame & Fortune by Sarah Baker.

tdem1961

I smell something…
Basenotes Plus
Jun 19, 2005
Hello and best to everyone. Dear Mike, I’m so sorry for your loss. ((((Hug))))
Hugs for you too, ((((Ine)))) Have an easy first day back to work.
Happy BNiversary, Quarry!
Happy birthday, BRM!

Allure Sensuelle today. Wish you all a good start to your week.

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
Dear Mike, I know your mom's time was winding down and that your dad took great care of her, so there are no regrets to compound your grief. I have every confidence that your innate sweet nature and cultivated philosophy will see you through in self healing and supporting your dear father.

I am grateful to Grant for creating and maintaining this lovely site and to all I've met here. It's been a great 16 years.

Now for another shift in emotions ... I'm miffed that my Dexa scan did not measure muscle mass and that my bone density is -1.1. It's almost meaningless (-1 is normal, and -2.5 is bad). But still. (I just needed to vent. Thanks for listening.)

I've been doing side-by-side wearings of Jasmin De Pays and Jasmin Antique. From one minute to the next, I might prefer one over the other. Confusing. Today I'm testing JDP alone to help figure out which is best overall.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Mike, I'm sure you know that all of our hearts are aching for you. The fact that we all have to go through this terrible transition never makes it any easier when it's your time.

Yendi (1974) by Roberto Capucci

attachment.php

Quarry, are you sure you're not letting the perfect be the enemy of the good?
You can always blame your smartscale. :)

ineespenes

Apr 27, 2006
Mike I'm so sorry for your loss :(
Quarry Happy BN-anniversary :)
BRM ,Happy birthday :)

Going back to work today was actually ok, but I felt all nauseous after just a few hours sleep. After a nap when I came home I had a shower and put on Dior Addict as my sotE.

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
Ine, I hope each day and each night get easier.

Cook.bot, I like how you expressed your (and our) feelings for (((Mike))) at this tender time.
I was thinking you might be right about my reaction to the -1.1, but then I got a message from my doctor's office: "Dr. S wanted you to know the following results and recommendations: Osteopenia noted. Recommend calcium 600 mg twice daily vitamin-D 2000 international units daily, encourage weight-bearing exercise."
Well, that just set me off. So I aired my feelings:
Results noted. Will add more supplements.
I've used resistance training equipment regularly for over 40 years. I use it when I'm not outside moving pavers, soil, rocks, or firewood. Last month I ordered 7.7 tons of gravel delivered near the roadside of our house (as far as the dump truck could back in) and moved all of it by hand behind our house to extend the driveway. I know no woman who can lift what I can, and I resent the generic "encourage weight-bearing exercise" advice. Dr. S should know by now, I am a dynamo. Attached: pix of my personal gym and newly installed gravel and pavers.

20210809_151508.jpg 20210809_151554.jpg

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
Ine, I hope each day and each night get easier.

Cook.bot, I like how you expressed your (and our) feelings for (((Mike))) at this tender time.
I was thinking you might be right about my reaction to the -1.1, but then I got a message from my doctor's office: "Dr. S wanted you to know the following results and recommendations: Osteopenia noted. Recommend calcium 600 mg twice daily vitamin-D 2000 international units daily, encourage weight-bearing exercise."
Well, that just set me off. So I aired my feelings:
I've used resistance training equipment regularly for over 40 years. I use it when I'm not outside moving pavers, soil, rocks, or firewood. Last month I ordered 7.7 tons of gravel delivered near the roadside of our house (as far as the dump truck could back in) and moved all of it by hand behind our house to extend the driveway. I know no woman who can lift what I can, and I resent the generic "encourage weight-bearing exercise" advice. Dr. S should know by now, I am a dynamo. Attached: pix of my personal gym and newly installed gravel and pavers.

View attachment 159240 View attachment 159241

OMG, Quarry! Iove your response!

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
Quarry, teardrop took the words right out of my mouth. Happy BNaversary!

Happy Birthday, BRM!

Oh Mike, I am so sorry. Big hugs to you and yours.

I am wearing a little bit of Woman in Gold. The bathtub refinisher is here and the resin they use is pretty stinky, so all the windows are open and fans are going.

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007

Well said, Mrs Q :thumbsup:

il_1140xN.3006701257_2h0u.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News