easyfish

Jun 26, 2009
hello gentlemen,
723_4de701d5265d45a87eb45bce5dab5cba.jpg

d r e

Dec 24, 2018
26129916-5402.jpg
Indult Tihota

This is considered a Winter & Fall scent to many, but I'm really seeing potential as a Spring & Summer night scent since theres some freshness & dryness that keeps it wearable in more humid weather. I like this one a lot

o3GpXBO.jpg

Gabels Bay Rum
Really like your set ups and however you take the pic like that. I've recently gotten into shaving soaps myself, using Stirling which has a great post shave feel but I'm not getting a good enough cushion since I haven't perfected the lathering yet. I'm hoping I can get my other scents on point with my SOTD and have a neat set up like this

tspencer

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 12, 2016
View attachment 145885
Indult Tihota

This is considered a Winter & Fall scent to many, but I'm really seeing potential as a Spring & Summer night scent since theres some freshness & dryness that keeps it wearable in more humid weather. I like this one a lot

Really like your set ups and however you take the pic like that. I've recently gotten into shaving soaps myself, using Stirling which has a great post shave feel but I'm not getting a good enough cushion since I haven't perfected the lathering yet. I'm hoping I can get my other scents on point with my SOTD and have a neat set up like this

Thanks!

The cushion of the lather is usually a balance between how much soap you load into the brush and how much water you add when lathering. Too little water and the soap dries out too fast and too much water then you get a thin, less protective lather (less cushion). So, my first recommendation is to load more soap from the puck (or put in more cream in the brush if you're using a cream) and carefully add mere drops of water while building the lather. You'll usually get a a thick enough cream for a nice protective cushion.

If loading more soap and using less water doesn't work, then your soap may not be ideal and this can be fixed with a pre-shave product. I've found a pre-shave oil works to add protection/cushion and protect against blade friction on your skin. Another option is a pre-shave soap. Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements makes a pre-shave soap that "boosts" the lather of your weak soaps so they become more protective.

It takes a bit of time with smelling fragrances and learning about notes before you can pick a shaving soap scent that pairs well (blends into) your fragrance of the day. I think you may already have an experienced enough nose to make these selections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News