hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Blue Matcha by Montale

o.84620.jpg

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Good morning all !. Dreich dominates. It is a bank holiday after all :rolleyesold:

:birthdays: Happy Birthday ChuckW :birthdays:

Diana De Silva - Ettore Bugatti.

Bugatti-57SC-Atlantic-1938-1920x1080.jpg

s-l640.jpg

mikeperez23

Be Here. Now.
Basenotes Plus
Dec 31, 2006
The BN Robot SOTD made me giggle and think about ExtremeK...that's an 'iris goddess' :)

Wearing this (and lots of it):

Kouros Fraicheur by Yves St Laurent

fit.1940.jpg

I always have this distinct memory, when I wear colognes that I used to wear as a teen, of being at some outdoor race track event with my family wearing this. It's so palpable...the memory. As soon as I spray it on I feel 13 years old inside. Smell is so transporting.

Robin-in-FL

Jan 18, 2011
Mure et Musc Extreme.

Morning walks have been oddly cool lately (not cool by the standards of most of the world I guess, but not hot and steamy as usual summer morning here). 75-78F so about the same as we keep the A/C indoors.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Sycomore weather can't get here soon enough to suit me. I'm actually getting a little tired of all the eaux, but just can't face serious perfume in the humidity. British dreich sounds delicious to me right now.

Le Cologne: Vetiver by Isabelle Doyen for Annick Goutal

Serviceable, but not spectacular.

s-l300.jpg

ineespenes

Apr 27, 2006
Hello everyone :) It's kind of cold and grey here. I'll soon be off to my first nightshift out of four. Sotd is the 2000(ish) formulation of Shalimar edt. It still smells good, but it's getting a bit soft and the longeviety is a bit affected too.

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
Happy birthday, ChuckW. You've been around these parts a long, long time.

Mike, I was listening to Christopher Kimball's Milk Street podcast wherein he talked with an author about his 10 years in prison and the way prisoners found ways to make food. He said one inmate made an Asian dumpling that, for a moment, transported this author out of prison and back into a restaurant memory. Those sensory escapes, with smell and taste, are pretty mind-blowing.

Today was colonoscopy day, preceded by gacky gallon prep night (slept 1 hr, 10 min). Doc says I check out okay, but wasn't helpful with various issues. Harumph.

Came home to samples. Trying modern Dune. Don't know the older version, but, yeah, this is classic, well-balanced oriental stuff. Orientals aren't really my cuppa, but I know good when I smell it.

Also came home to having misplaced my charge card. Being a cautious, rules-compliant gal, I took only my photo i.d. and insurance cards to the hospital, having placed my charge card, well, apparently not where I usually put such things. While searching over and over in the same four spots, I had an after-colonoscopy experience that had me hand washing me undies in the bathroom sink and thinking, so *this* is the kind of day this is going to be. On the plus side, today's propofol was outstanding!

Last edited:

ExtremeK

Some of my paths in life are dirt
Basenotes Plus
Jul 5, 2010
LOL, (((mike))) :grin: I can't wait to get back to my iris fragrances! It needs to be about 15 degrees cooler (F), then it's go time!

I've taken another determined step towards cementing my status as a Chanel heretic (in that I like the Chanel fragrances most Chanel fans don't or I like the Chanel fragrances in the concentrations Chanel fans don't). To-wit, I *adore* Beige EDP (that's probably a two-for heretic!).

In fact, I really like 4 out of the 5 EDP Exclusifs I've tried. It's probably that I like the Chanel fragrances that don't trade in the typical Chanel profile. Which would make sense.

Q, may your tomorrow be as tranquil and sweet-smelling as your today ... wasn't. Your exasperated humor is a beacon for we negative nellies by nature everywhere. :wink:

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
I've taken another determined step towards cementing my status as a Chanel heretic (in that I like the Chanel fragrances most Chanel fans don't or I like the Chanel fragrances in the concentrations Chanel fans don't). To-wit, I *adore* Beige EDP (that's probably a two-for heretic!).

In fact, I really like 4 out of the 5 EDP Exclusifs I've tried. It's probably that I like the Chanel fragrances that don't trade in the typical Chanel profile. Which would make sense.

Interesting, ExtremeK. During the past year I've gone crazy over Jersey (lavender) and La Pausa (iris). They are not exactly flagships of the Chanel brand. Or, maybe, I found out I love purple flowers (gasp!). Next on my "to buy" list are Bel Respiro and No. 18. Again, sleepers.

jujy54

queen of the universe
Basenotes Plus
Jun 8, 2008
Happy birthday, ChuckW. You've been around these parts a long, long time.

Mike, I was listening to Christopher Kimball's Milk Street podcast wherein he talked with an author about his 10 years in prison and the way prisoners found ways to make food. He said one inmate made an Asian dumpling that, for a moment, transported this author out of prison and back into a restaurant memory. Those sensory escapes, with smell and taste, are pretty mind-blowing.

Today was colonoscopy day, preceded by gacky gallon prep night (slept 1 hr, 10 min). Doc says I check out okay, but wasn't helpful with various issues. Harumph.

Came home to samples. Trying modern Dune. Don't know the older version, but, yeah, this is classic, well-balanced oriental stuff. Orientals aren't really my cuppa, but I know good when I smell it.

Also came home to having misplaced my charge card. Being a cautious, rules-compliant gal, I took only my photo i.d. and insurance cards to the hospital, having placed my charge card, well, apparently not where I usually put such things. While searching over and over in the same four spots, I had an after-colonoscopy experience that had me hand washing me undies in the bathroom sink and thinking, so *this* is the kind of day this is going to be. On the plus side, today's propofol was outstanding!

Hi, and hugs, dear Q.
Myself, I had a credit card disappear recently. A hazard of purse switching, tho a thorough search of all recent hand bags and pockets did not produce said card. I check my account online; it hasn't been used. I ordered a replacement. Lately, I announce to myself where I'm putting small items; I'd like to think its just my cranky shoulder that is causing this spate of flakiness.

Latest News