Oct 25, 2007
1872 Leather by Clive Christian

375x500.46828.jpg

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Hello everyone!

My weekend getaway to a music festival in the forest was fantastic, I love music, camping and nature, and of course beer.
I've attended some lectures on beer and mead making (and some testing), too, and that was very interesting. I think I'd love to try making my own mead, especially since my uncle is a beekeeper and I always have some honey at home.
I feel sliiightly under the weather today but that was to be expected since nights are quite chilly already and it's quite cold both sleeping in the tent and showering under lake water. But it's all okay!

I wore just a few swipes of Habanita from a self-made sample during the weekend, just enough for myself to smell it. It somehow became my festival scent, there's something in it that goes well with muddy boots I guess.

I'm getting cozy in Bois d'Iris by Van Cleef and Arpels today.
Have a great week!

tdem1961

I smell something…
Basenotes Plus
Jun 19, 2005
Hello and best to everyone. ClockworkAlice I’m glad you enjoyed your weekend getaway. It sounds so fun.

Acqua di Gioia today. Wish you all a good start to your week.

ComDiva

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 4, 2006
Hello, everyone, happy Monday. ClockworkAlice, I'm glad your weekend adventure was great, and ine I hope your day gets better. Everyone smells wonderful today!

Mother-in-law has arrived for a visit, and I have an important interview today, *and* all three of my kids, two partners, and a dog are all descending sometime today. While I'm over the moon about seeing everyone, I have another interview tomorrow, and an even more important interview on Wednesday, and I'm not sure how I'm going to manage kicking seven people and a dog out of my house while I do these interviews...

I am wearing Boy Chanel to lift my mood and smell classy and professional. :)

26148727-4134.jpg

Boy Chanel fragrance notes: Lavender, Lemon, Grapefruit, Rose geranium, Coumarin, Moss, Rose, Orange blossom, Sandalwood, Heliotropin, Vanilla, Musk.

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
Individual hugs to teardrop, Cook.bot, Ine, Mike, and jujy. I feel you, I really do. And a group hug all around, for sure. ComDiva, "oy!" indeed!

When I hear teardrop and Jon rightfully complain about work stress, I know most of the time it's not the work, it's the people -- bosses or co-workers or clients. Actual productive work itself is generally satisfying. People are frustrating because you can't fix or replace them like you can a computer.

CwAlice, sounds like a wonderful time. Even the cold bathing. Mr. Q and I have made mead. You make me think we should have a go at it again. Our mars grape (it's a grape variety, not from Mars) vine finally produced abundantly this year. Mr. Q thinks he might harvest these next year for wine, but I love grazing the yard whilst outside, which is why these and raspberries and strawberries and cherries and cherry tomatoes rarely get as far as the kitchen.

I am forcing myself to lie around to see if I can put an end to muscle spasms I've been weathering lately. I'd rather be weeding. But should I complain about lying in bed and smelling the gorgeous Jasmine Antique on my wrist? Hells to the no.

Last edited:

ExtremeK

Some of my paths in life are dirt
Basenotes Plus
Jul 5, 2010
(((Ine)))

Music festivals are so fun! What a way to end the summer - so happy for you, CwA!

I have no doubt these companies will be bowled over by you, (((Com Diva))). May you be rightly inundated with offers :smiley: And with your family (and the dog) around, you can celebrate with a proper cocktail at day’s end! Oh, and you do smell wonderful! I couldn’t believe how much I enjoyed giving Boy a full wearing last night. (Huh. That doesn’t sound exactly as I intended, but, whatevs.) :grin:

I’m in the last of my sample of Dusita Erawan, but a travel set is arriving later this morning. Love, love, love!

Q, I’d happily join you in some lounging about, smelling gorgeous!

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
I wish Shycat would check in. I don't know whether she lives in one of the areas around Nashville that have experienced all the extreme flooding.

It's back to the high 90s and high humidity here, so back to the eaux for me. Some venerable Roudnitska this time, with vintage Eau Fraîche by Dior.

Dior_EauFraiche_AuxFleursFraiche_bottle.jpg

cazaubon

Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2005
After a miserable sleepless night, trying to rouse myself with caffeine so I can get out and finish my painting jobs. Wearing Blend Oud Tupai Love, which is not in the directory.

Good luck to ComDiva and hugs to ine, I’m dealing with relationship stress too and it sucks the energy and joy out of you.

mikeperez23

Be Here. Now.
Basenotes Plus
Dec 31, 2006
Hey all I didn't get enough sleep last night but that was entirely my fault as I just tried to cram a lot into my Sunday evening as a way to get the most out of the weekend as I could :)

Today I wanted something dry but also complex so I started out with a light layer of L'Arbre by Iunx and then one tiny spray of this *powerful* oud/floral that is just such a delight to wear:

Koh-I-Noor by Areej le Dore

375x500.52242.jpg

CW Alice - your interest in music (and mead) are intriguing. What was your favorite musical act that you saw perform? I once tasted mead (my local gas station prides itself on obtaining very rare craft beer and one day I spotted some mead. I had absolutely NO frame of reference for the taste of it...it was a strange gustatory sensation, that's for sure.

ComDiva - you will be just fine for your interviewers. All of your companys that are interviewing you should understand even if you have someone in the house with you, you can still have a very productive and professional interview. I have been interviewing applicants non-stop during the pandemic and I can sense from many of them that the actual nature of virtual interviews is very awkward for many applicants - but I see you ComDiva as being able to handle this effectively. ((bear hugs))

ineesepenes - sometimes when I am upset with Giancarlo, it helps to detach and practice some self care.

Quarry - I missed that you were having muscle spasms. I hope they pass soon. For me, whenever I experience those I do intense foam-roller stretching and Epsom Salt baths. Both help a lot.

teardrop

Sep 1, 2010
Hugs to (((((lne))))) & (((((caz))))).

ComDiva, good luck!

Q, thanks! Sending you healing vibes.

lt's been a much better day at work, with more of a full compliment of staff. :smiley: And the sun came out again this afternoon, so l'm in Tropical Lagoon for the evening.

kewart

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 9, 2006
feather and down.jpg

((Mike) - I hear you. Lack of sleep is very debilitating and all the
well-meaning advice to drink warm milk, take a hot bath, meditate etc.
etc. just adds to the stress when nothing seems to help. I've had a week
of raging insomnia and it really sucks.

Hugs to Ine and healing vibes to Quarry and anyone else in need.

I couldn't even be bothered to apply any perfume today as I felt so
drained but I'm going to try some Feather and Down roll on perfume
after my warm bath tonight.

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
I have many, many ripe tomatoes so over the weekend I made tomato sauce to freeze. It is cooler here, finally, and drizzled yesterday morning--I miss the rain so much. Today I'm wearing Bengal Sandal from Feel Oud. I bought this a couple of years ago and never seem to wear it, but today it seemed right.

Hugs to Cook.bot, Ine, Caz, teardrop, kewart, Quarry, Mike, and anybody else who wants one. ComDiva, I am confident you will ace all the interviews and will have your pick of jobs.

I am hoping our two cats, Shy and Cuddle, are all right. I haven't seen either one in a while.

Robin-in-FL

Jan 18, 2011
It seems like it won't rain! For a few days now it threatens but does not rain. I miss it.

Mure et Musc Extreme
today. And plum deodorant.

Shycat

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 18, 2005
I'm checking in to say I am fine, although apparently was unaware what day it is. I posted to Sunday SOTD. I can't be upbeat without feeling fake so I am being quiet.

ExtremeK

Some of my paths in life are dirt
Basenotes Plus
Jul 5, 2010
Oh, (((caz))), I'm so sorry. We're stronger than we think even though it may not feel like it when we're in the shit. Hang in there.

I'm giving a full wear to a sample of Zoologist Camel. I can't wear LDDM, but this may be the next best thing. It's just gorgeous, and it has this surprising, absolutely filthy jasmine that pops up in the middle, and I *love* it.

After months of disappointing samples, I've been hitting the motherlode the last few days. Zoologist Chipmunk also seems excellent from the quick sniff I had before I doused myself in Camel.

jujy54

queen of the universe
Basenotes Plus
Jun 8, 2008
Sending hugs all around.

Cleveland's Midtown neighborhood is having a murals festival, with local and guest artists putting art on walls in 20+ locations. This evening, I was at an open rehearsal of a dance company I follow, and meandered home. I happened on a mural location where anyone could contribute, spray pain was supplied. Of course I drew a bass. Two artists helped with the parts out of reach to me, and one added the winsome little bird since even he couldn't reach up to draw a scroll. I have a new appreciation of good tagging. I could make a joke that Krylon was my SOTE. Actually, my SOTD was bass related, D. S. & DURGA Bowmakers. Coincidence. . . or synergy?
KIMG1275.jpg

Shycat

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 18, 2005
Wow, Jugy, that's a good bass!

I've had two good days of weather and beat back the jungle in my garden. I had a volunteer yellow squash/ green...must be zucchini/big...must be a watermelon/no it's turning orange, it's a pumpkin episode. Mystery gardening is underrated.

Mystery fragrance, not so much. I'm sticking with rose soliflores.

sotd--Elisabethan Rose.

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
CW Alice - your interest in music (and mead) are intriguing. What was your favorite musical act that you saw perform? I once tasted mead (my local gas station prides itself on obtaining very rare craft beer and one day I spotted some mead. I had absolutely NO frame of reference for the taste of it...it was a strange gustatory sensation, that's for sure.

Thank you, Mike!
Yes, tasting mead for the first time could be a strange experience, I believe! There are many types of it, some are more similar to cider in strength and feel, some are more similar to sweet wine (the most popular and for me the best ones) and some are very strong and rich in taste like some honey liquor. But they're all made from honey, yeast and water (technology is somewhat similar to beer) and sometimes may have some herbs, spices or fruit added to enrich the taste - but the overall taste will always be honey-sweet with some slightly sour undertone. :)

As for the festival, I really enjoyed the show a band from Tunisia called Ifriqiyya Electrum - their show was really shamanic and interesting. I watched some videos on Youtube later but unfortunately they didn't evoke me the same experience as live.

I also had a lot of fun listening to some of my beloved Lithuanian bands, such as

Vilkduja (a post-industrial one man act, probably my favourite Lithuanian musician/band)
they didn't play any of my old favourites but still were great. Here's a favourite from a gig I've been to more than 10 years ago (time flies, oh):

or Ūkanose (Lithuanian folk metal)

or Arklio Galia (that's a good one, they're half a serious rock band, half a comedy-parody act, but the lyrics are 80% of the charm and they're all in Lithuanian, so I won't bother posting :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News