hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Cuir D'Orient by Sous Le Manteau

CO.jpg

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Happy BN-versaries, Lellabelle and socalwoman! :)

Yesterday evening I showered and sampled a bit: Santal Royal by Guerlain on my left arm and CDG 2 by Comme des garcons on the right one. In the morning the Santal Royal (which is a beast) is still going, so I left my left wrist and arm as it is and just refreshed Comme des Garcons 2 on my right arm, and added two small sprays on my neck (from a sample).
CDG 2 is an inky, aldehydic scent (I still get some incense though), and I also get quite a lot of juniper in it, too. I don't need a bottle but it's kinda cool.
I really enjoy Santal Royal though, it's just the kind of synth woody scent that feels so rich, so deep and so good. On the second day I feel some honey-like resins on my wrist and inner elbow, too. If I ever decided to get a bottle after finishing the sample, it would last me for many many years as I see it as a 1 spray scent, just how beastly strong it is.

Have a good week!

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
By the way:
I just got a ticket to a Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds concert in Vilnius, Lithuania next August!
Can't wait.
It feels magical that they're actually finally coming here.

Ineespenes, any news on your Nick Cave tickets as the show was postponed?
Additional hugs to you, too.

ineespenes

Apr 27, 2006
By the way:
I just got a ticket to a Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds concert in Vilnius, Lithuania next August!
Can't wait.
It feels magical that they're actually finally coming here.

Ineespenes, any news on your Nick Cave tickets as the show was postponed?
Additional hugs to you, too.

The show was cancelled, but he's coming next year to a festival called Øya. So I got tickets for that day. Not as good as a real full concert, but I'm glad he at least has this gig.

kewart

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 9, 2006
I am wearing Bulgari Omnia and waiting for my tiler to arrive to
do our family bathroom and downstairs loo.
Copious cups of coffee will be needed (for him) and lots of
patience from me(doors left open on this cold day, the noise and the mess!)

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
The show was cancelled, but he's coming next year to a festival called Øya. So I got tickets for that day. Not as good as a real full concert, but I'm glad he at least has this gig.

Good to know he's still coming, even if it's not a full concert of the band. They will probably headline the festival and will be given full time though, hopefully!
And hopefully the festival will have more bands that also interest you :)

I am wearing Bulgari Omnia and waiting for my tiler to arrive to
do our family bathroom and downstairs loo.
Copious cups of coffee will be needed (for him) and lots of
patience from me(doors left open on this cold day, the noise and the mess!)

Wishing you a sufficient amount of both coffee and patience to endure this!

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Good afternoon all !. Congratulations to all those celebrating milestones :beer:

Mrs Q, I completely agree. My heart bleeds for all those families who lost loved ones serving over there. Back to square one. What a waste ....

Montana Parfum D'Homme.

dsmetana_fisherdepuysspringcreekparadisevalleywithswan.jpg

montana-parfum-d-homme-125ml-edt-m-sp_37aab43b-cdbf-48eb-80d0-b9a49ab0a0fe_800x.jpg

jujy54

queen of the universe
Basenotes Plus
Jun 8, 2008
Happy BN-versaries, Lellabelle and socalwoman! :)

Yesterday evening I showered and sampled a bit: Santal Royal by Guerlain on my left arm and CDG 2 by Comme des garcons on the right one. In the morning the Santal Royal (which is a beast) is still going, so I left my left wrist and arm as it is and just refreshed Comme des Garcons 2 on my right arm, and added two small sprays on my neck (from a sample).
CDG 2 is an inky, aldehydic scent (I still get some incense though), and I also get quite a lot of juniper in it, too. I don't need a bottle but it's kinda cool.
I really enjoy Santal Royal though, it's just the kind of synth woody scent that feels so rich, so deep and so good. On the second day I feel some honey-like resins on my wrist and inner elbow, too. If I ever decided to get a bottle after finishing the sample, it would last me for many many years as I see it as a 1 spray scent, just how beastly strong it is.

Have a good week!

Silly me, I kept reading CDG as the airport! Congrats on the Nick Cave ticket.

There is an ache to the Afghanistan withdrawal and collapse that hearkens to the Vietnam years, except that this war was more invisible. The difference, I believe, was the draft. I'l stop there, but I have many thoughts.

Shoulder feels better but I'm in that hard place between effect and side-effect re: pain meds. Since nothing hurts. . . yet. . . I will skip doses. I'm also out of coffee filters, which may be a good thing, as my local coffee joint has seating, and I need to get out of the house and out of my head.

Chamade to start the day.

Last edited:

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
At last, a gloriously grey and rainy day here, and the temp has even dropped a bit, so it's only 84F/29C. Enough to wear some proper perfume. I'm testing Cuir de Chine by Les Indémodables. Osmanthus, suede, green tobacco leaf, and tea. Pretty brilliant. If it demonstrates some longevity, it might be a contender against my beloved Osmanthe Yunnan.

26159186-9548.jpg

I'm sure all of us old enough to remember the Vietnam withdrawal were having flashbacks this weekend. All those lives.

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
After I applied Guerlain's With Love, I had an impulse to add a soupçon of Bond New Haarlem, and it's okay. I think the WL is near the end of its good years, and NH is helping bolster it.

Yes, jujy, Cook. Mr. Q's a drafted Vietnam vet. He's got opinions, too.

Robin-in-FL

Jan 18, 2011
It's been the everyday rain here, and yes, so sad about the people who will suffer even more now in Afghanistan.

Jailia for today.

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
Decent peaches have finally arrived in my supermarket, so I've been eating at least one a day, and the tomatoes are ripening as fast as I can eat them. I love this time of year, who needs meat? Eggs, cheese, and garden veg are on the menu for the next few weeks, to carry me into fall and keep the kitchen cool. I'm wearing Ginger Piccante this morning.

I am sad for what is happening in Afghanistan. I don't see things improving for their women under the Taliban.

khanada

Mar 3, 2020
At last, a gloriously grey and rainy day here, and the temp has even dropped a bit, so it's only 84F/29C. Enough to wear some proper perfume. I'm testing Cuir de Chine by Les Indémodables. Osmanthus, suede, green tobacco leaf, and tea. Pretty brilliant. If it demonstrates some longevity, it might be a contender against my beloved Osmanthe Yunnan.

26159186-9548.jpg

I'm sure all of us old enough to remember the Vietnam withdrawal were having flashbacks this weekend. All those lives.

Evening all,

I'm watching the news and just . . . cringe. That's all I want to say. :lipsrsealed:

Cook.Bot: Love this house! I don't own anything from it yet but the wishlist is getting longer.

Congrats to ClockWorkAlice on her Nick Cave tickets. We stand with the Bad Seeds in this house :)

A recent thread started on "sweet green" fragrances (which were not particularly sweet green, in the poll offered anyway), and gimmegreen's review of Verde di Persia has me dug back into an old sample. I even did my eyes with Huda Beauty's Emerald Obsessions today. I think I am clinging to what greenness we have (supported by an evening of spotty rain, possibly leading to a stormy night, i hope--I love storms) while we have it, before autumn comes around again and I dive back into my ambers and resiny chypres and autumn fruits. I think tomorrow will be a BWF day and a Black & White Makeup day (I have a huge black/white/grey eye paleltte that I have never even touched).

Mr Khanada is having some kind of tummy problem tonight, so I am off to go check on him. Best to all--

375x500.40978.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News