arsenic-osman-extreme-11422-3340119.png

Wishing a Happy Birthday to Wingie!

Last edited:

kewart

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 9, 2006
Mike - so pleased to have you posting again but very sorry to
hear you have had the 'flu. Feel better soon.

I love Omnia too, Clockwork. It seems to project well
on my skin and lasts for a few hours.

We are still in the South of France and in no rush to return
to the UK just yet. Retirement has given us that freedom.

My SOTD is Take Me Out by Mugler.

Last edited:

ClockworkAlice

We all smell here
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Enjoy the Southern France, @kewart! I'm a little bit envious for this freedom, but also very happy that it's possible to just be wherever you wish to be.
I saw a morning fog over the yellow-red-green and brown forest today, it looked so beautiful. A few more days and I'll see the morning frost in the fields, too. I'd love some more warmth but I feel blessed to be able to see all the weather and nature changes through all the year, too.

Take Me Out is a very nice scent, too. I tried it and enjoyed it, very happy and summery. My favourite from this cologne line was Fly Away - the grapefruity one. It was supposed to have a cannabis note, too, but I did not perceive it.

As for Omnia... maybe it was watered down recently and I have the newer bottle. I have to bury my nose into my wrist to get a smallest whiff, unfortunately.

CuddleCat

It smells so good in here
Basenotes Plus
Aug 20, 2009
Hello!
I'm starting the week in Bvlgari Omnia. I absolutely love the spicy chai tea scent, but my god that scent is so damn faint. Why couldn't it be at least 3 times stronger?
Give Chai by Baruti a try, it’s an extract strength so you don’t need to apply much and the longevity is excellent.

Kiliwia

Basenotes Plus
Apr 2, 2010
Good morning, all! Wishing a Happy Birthday to Wingie!

Congrats Extreme K on your posting milestone!

Wearing Tokyo Milk Honey & the Moon.

4CN1rQB.jpg

Have a great Monday!

tdem1961

I smell something…
Basenotes Plus
Jun 19, 2005
Hello and best to everyone. Happy birthday, Wingie! 🍾🎂

Happy Thanksgiving to our friends in Canada! 🇨🇦 ❤️

ClockworkAlice and Kewart, I too love Omnia - it smells great and full initially but fades out on me within an hour. I must be anosmic to parts of it. Kewart I wouldn’t be in any rush to go home, either. Enjoy.

SOTD is Krizia Teatro alla Scala. Hugs to all who could use one. Wish everyone a good start to the week.

Last edited:

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
🕊️🕊️ Happy birthday, Wingie! 🕊️🕊️
👏 3,000 claps for ExtremeK.
🤖 All hail robot overlords! Ours is supposed to return tomorrow.

I've been considering posting "earworm of the day" along with scent. There's always some odd song playing in my radio-brain every morning. Today's tune is from the musical Doctor Horrible: It's a Brand New Day. BN's upgrade and returning members make this feel like a new beginning.

I'm ready for something sweet and strong for a morning of errands and groceries -- Angel Muse.

Last edited:

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
How nice that Wingie's birthday falls on Canadian Thanksgiving, AND that they both fall during her lakeside vacation.

I'm going to kill two birds with one SOTD today: 1) a mini-sync with Jon, and 2) a small celebration of Trilby Lark, because I have a little secret with her that shall be revealed later. She and I don't share many perfume tastes in common, but this is one I only know about due to her, so I salute her with it:

Tea For Two -- L'Artisan Parfumeur
TeaForTwo_ActualTea.jpg

OZTckSMg8NDOBnZd.jpg

knit at nite

Sep 5, 2009
As for Omnia... maybe it was watered down recently and I have the newer bottle. I have to bury my nose into my wrist to get a smallest whiff, unfortunately.
Nope, the original version was weak, too. Why I never got a 2nd one.

I forgot I have a Dr appt today to examine a wrist/thumb sprain & get a flu shot and heavily sprayed Trussardi Python after my shower. C'est la vie!

ClockworkAlice

We all smell here
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Nope, the original version was weak, too. Why I never got a 2nd one.
Oh well, that's sad to know. At least it's super safe for work and various appointments!
I forgot I have a Dr appt today to examine a wrist/thumb sprain & get a flu shot and heavily sprayed Trussardi Python after my shower. C'est la vie!
Best luck at your appointments! At least you smell good already!

- -
...since I came back from work, I'm sampling Ivory Route by Xerjoff. It's a brand that I feel zero connection with, it just feels way too luxurious for me. But I was sent this sample in a swap by a very generous person, and I must say I enjoy the scent. It reminds me both of Shalimar Philtre de Parfum and Lalique Le Parfum - like the two had a baby, but it came out sweeter and smokier.

FiveoaksBouquet

Scented.
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
Happy Birthday, Wingie!

Thanks for the Canada Day wishes. today I am very happy to be, if not precisely twins, scent relatives, with kewart and Quarry, in Mugler. Mine is Angel Nova.

I can’t help feeling that Angel Nova deserves more sophisticated packaging because the fragrance itself seems to me more “distinguée” than the vivid star implies.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
I can’t help feeling that Angel Nova deserves more sophisticated packaging because the fragrance itself seems to me more “distinguée” than the vivid star implies.
As I think you and I have discussed before, it looks like an anthropomorphic cartoon of a star, with a metal head.

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
Happy Birthday Wingie! 🎂 and Happy Canada Day to our Canadian members

I'm glad to see the Basenotes Robot is back and that it will be taking on some additional responsibilities. I'm wearing Josef Statkus today, a gift from a generous Basenoter a few years ago. Probably just one more wearing in my little decant. I will miss it.

mikeperez23

Be Here. Now.
Basenotes Plus
Dec 31, 2006
A buddy of mine gave me this sample more than a year ago. Coincidentally he bought his bottle in Miami (at a local niche perfumery I've mentioned called "Osme") and I'm just now getting around to wearing it.

Malia by Nobile 1942

26148962-2049.jpg

I don't think I like it. But I want to give it some more time, to be fair. I personally don't like citrus notes that smell like Smarties candies.

Shycat

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 18, 2005
Sorry you're under the weather, Mike. Quarry, I hope you can get things sorted. I think of you both, and now Knit at nite with best wishes for healing and health.

I painted my front step railings today. I got paint all over myself. After a tub soak and scrub, I look almost brand new. For the season, I'm wearing Sixteen92 The Sisters Sarah from Halloween 2018. It seems pleasantly warm, milky, yeasty, gourmand-y but later I think, Sister Sarah needs a bath.

Why did I get all clean, fresh, and practically paint-free to put on some witch's arm pit?

It's a brief phase, but I will refresh with Salt Caramel.

Wingie

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 2, 2009
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving all and thank you so much for the bday wishes! I thought my birthday wasn’t displayed on BN, so what a lovely surprise it was to come here today and see all the well wishes. What a wonderful community.

Today is actually a milestone birthday as it’s my 40th - this was one of the reasons for the week-long vacation. I am not someone who likes to celebrate milestones in public ways and would rather get away - I guess that’s the sign of an introvert. For my SOTD I am wearing Tilda Swinton Like This. I always wear this one on Thanksgiving because of its pumpkin pie accord.

Cheers all, and I hope you have a fabulous week.

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
I'm wearing Baptême du Feu today.

We went down to the beach to check on the oil spill but there was no visual evidence of it in Dana Point. There were numerous environmental remediation companies on site. Our annual camping/cookout weekend is at the end of the month so we were curious.

Happy birthday, Wingie!

Thank you for the gracious tribute, BFF Cook.bot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News