SOTD: Friday, October 1, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClockworkAlice

We all smell here
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Happy October!
It's the truest autumn month for me as September still has sunny and warm days to ease you into the autumn gloom, and November is often almost winter already.
The leaves are turning yellow and red and trees and parks and forests look fantastic.
There are many rainy days, the weather is chilly but not yet cold. It's a perfect weather for your favourite leather jacket.

I'm synching with Noir Exquis by L'Artisan Parfumeur - a very cozy scent - and I have a couple spritzes of Bvlgari Black on my scarf - this scent is my October staple.

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
tenor.gif

Good morning all !. ClockworkAlice, you seem to be slightly ahead of us with the autumn colours. Only the first early signs here but looking forward to getting out and about with the camera soon. Just returned from the barbers wearing(believe it or not !) my favourite leather jacket :cool:

A multitude of options for me today from one of my favourite contemporary perfumers.

Ended up going with Dzonghka.

bhutan-nature.jpg

L_Artisan_Dzongkha.jpg

Hope everyone has a relaxing weekend :)

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
No Bertrand Duchaufour in the house. I think he'd would approve of my Borsari Macchia Mediterranea. It's the loveliest blend of herbs.

The leaves of a few species are turning here. The best show comes from hazelnut shrubs as they'll phase green, orange, and fluorescent red leaves all at the same time.

Got three naps in over night for a total of 6 hr 44 min. Pretty great.

Wingie

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 2, 2009
The leaves have changed colors here already - it won't last much longer, maybe a week. It's so short-lived. I also woke up to the most beautiful fog this morning.

I am syncing in Seville a l'Aube today.

Quarry, I'm glad you were able to get some much needed 💤's.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Got three naps in over night for a total of 6 hr 44 min. Pretty great.
Yay!

Cuuuute ^^.

I'm joining the sync-within-a-sync with Dzongkha. Every time I wear this stuff I have an internal debate about whether I actually like it or not. Iris and incense seems like such a weird combination, and I don't get all the spices that everyone else seems to.

It certainly is autumnal, though.

Italia

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Good morning, and thank you for the warm welcomes yesterday to this daily thread. I am inspired to try to post more often, and will jump in to the deep end of the engagement pool by participating in the Friday synchup :). This one isn't too much of a stretch for me, as I am a fan of Duchaufour's artistry. Today I went for a firm favorite, the eponymous Aedes de Venustas. I knew I would love it from the moment its release was announced, as it features two of my very favorite notes, tomato leaf and rhubarb. I love its tart, bright greenness and the very clever way it distinguishes itself from other 'greens' through the nutty hazelnut and the light sweetness of honeysuckle. I wear this fragrance year round; it always brings a smile to my face.

Aedes is one of the very best contemporary houses, in my mind. There are only 2 that don't work for me personally, but I admire their composition. I really hope that they can get their fragrances back into production (I think I understood that this is the reason why most are currently unavailable?), as I would like another chance to own Iris Nazarena, after procrastinating too long to buy it.

It will be slightly warmer here today, mid-60s, but I do believe the heat of summer may be gone for good. The leaves have already peaked up in the high elevations, but here along the Front Range, we are just starting to see the golden dustings intermingled with green among the aspens, lindens, and cottonwoods. I look forward to an evening on the back patio, reading a good book until twilight, next to a crackling fire pit. Hope everyone has a similarly peaceful and pleasant evening.

ClockworkAlice

We all smell here
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Welcome to the SOTD threads, Italia!
Your posts are lovely and informative, do post more often!

Yay to Quarry for finally getting enough sleep!

I sprayed some Al Oudh by L'Artisan Parfumeur for the evening. I'm usually not a fan of oudy scents, but I adore Al Oudh. Maybe because of everything else in it? It's just so deep, almost meditative and intoxicatingly beautiful to me.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Today I went for a firm favorite, the eponymous Aedes de Venustas. I knew I would love it from the moment its release was announced, as it features two of my very favorite notes, tomato leaf and rhubarb.

Had to look it up because I adore tomato leaf and rhubarb, and now I'm confused: there's a scent called Aedes de Venustas made by L'Artisan Parfumeur, AND there's one called Aedes de Venustas made by Aedes de Venustas? And they're both nosed by Bertrand Duchaufour?

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
I love the descriptions of fall above. I'm looking out my window at the bright morning. It'll be in the 80s today as it has been for what seems like forever. I just picked up a corduroy blazer from the tailor yesterday that I thought would be perfect for fall, but too warm to wear it yet. Please, bring on the gloom!

I'll stay in sync and put on some Jubilation XXV.

Happy October!

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Had to look it up because I adore tomato leaf and rhubarb,
Cook.bot 👋 just wondered if you ever tried Annick Goutal Folavril. It's heavy on the tomato leaf and would definitely tick all your green boxes :). I purchased my bottle when I was sniffing in London with Mimi G and I always associate it with her whenever I wear it.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Cook.bot 👋 just wondered if you ever tried Annick Goutal Folavril. It's heavy on the tomato leaf and would definitely tick all your green boxes :)

No, I haven't, and I really must, since Goutal makes my favorite tomato leaf in Ninfeo Mio. Thanks or the tip, Jon!

CuddleCat

It smells so good in here
Basenotes Plus
Aug 20, 2009
Yay, Quarry! Glad you got some sleep.

Wore my Tihota sample but it was overwhelming (sickly sweet vanilla). My husband has always tease me about having a super nose (not just perfume but all smells) but since being ill recently it's become even more sensitive. Not good for a perfume lover!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News