SOTD: Friday, 24th September, 2021

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Fig Ecstasy by Mancera

153692_ac9cfb1221e1ce96668f5e3cd3b91d7a_fig-extasy.jpg

teardrop

Sep 1, 2010
Morning all!

l got a fair bit of gardening done yesterday, & today l plan to finish getting the garden ready for autumn. l've been really enjoying the warm sunny days & beautiful sunsets we've been having this week, but the rain & gloom is set to return tomorrow. :(

l'm synching & saying goodbye to summer in G Clef by Sarah Baker Perfumes.

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Good morning all !. teardrop, this September has been quite a bonus with it's pleasantly warm temperatures. July was miserably hot at times and August was a washout. If summer could be just like this I would be more than happy :smiley:. Next week sounds pretty vile if the forecast is to be believed :undecided:

Going with the barbershop theme for today's synch. Rive Gauche Pour Homme.

Orbitz-Old-school-barber-shops-in-the-US-Rays-Barbershop-1.jpg

375x500.1032.jpg

HouseOfPhlegethon

be huffin' parfums
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2017
Got a sh*t ton of rain yesterday. Small creek flooding here and there. We went for a 2 AM walk last night, to see if Bull Run receded. It did. Saw a feral cat munching on a roadkill rabbit, in the middle of St. Mary street - totally surreal, in the moonlight.

Oud Saphir by Atelier Cologne

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
Home by 10 p.m. :grin: ExtremeK.

When I tired of Goutal Mandragore some years ago, I sent my bottle to RHM. She kindly surprised me by ordering a bottle of Cologne Sologne for me in return. Wish she'd pop back here more often. With fall in the air, I didn't think I'd appreciate CS as much today as I do in warmer weather, but it's still good -- my favorite of its ilk.

It's Day-Z Buck Buck's 4th birthday today. DD made her a vegan doggie cake and cookies shaped in the number 4. These cross-species sisters love each other.

Sleep time: 5 hr, 39 min. Pretty good!

ExtremeK

Some of my paths in life are dirt
Basenotes Plus
Jul 5, 2010
I’m twinned with cologne connoisseur in Antico Caruso on his sync day!

I managed to survive last night.

HoP, I immediately found the notion of a 2am walk fascinating.

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
SotE - Mitsouko EDC.

nRCa9EK.jpg

The peach is noticeably more prominent here and it has the tenacity of an EDT. Anyone who has an issue with the mustiness of some versions should try this one. It is absolutely sublime.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Syncing for Cologneconnoisseur’s Traditional Cologne/Barbershop Day by saying goodbye (and good riddance!) to summer. Going to try to fit four favorite colognes into a single day. It should be doable, given the brevity of each of them.

Kicking off the morning: Hermès Cologne de Pamplemousse Rose, a little grapefruit for breakfast.
nd.6064.jpg

cazaubon

Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2005
Songe d’un Bois d’Été for this winding down of summer. HoP, I’ve gone on walks at 2am... being an insomniac I am usually awake at that time. Why not?

Quarry, that amount of sleep would leave me dragging painfully, I hope this isn’t a regular occurrence for you. Happy birthday to Day-Z!

Edit: I just saw your post yesterday about less than three hours of sleep due to pain. :-(. That really sucks.

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
I have nothing barbershop for today's synch, and very few scents in cologne concentration, so I had limited choice. I went with vintage No. 22 edc. I like it a lot more than No. 5.

So sorry about the insomniacs! I get a run of insomnia every now and then, but usually not longer than a couple of weeks. 5 mgs of melatonin helps me. My PCP prescribed trazodone but the hangover the next morning is worse than the no sleep feeling.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Time for the midday change-up for Cologne syncing: Eau de Roche by Rochas (1948)

I have much sympathy for you non-sleepers. If I got as little sleep as y'all, I'd be shattered.

EauDeRoche_Rochas_advert.jpg

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
20210924_131207.jpg
Day-Z says thanks Caz and teardrop. I'm sure she also thinks you smell good no matter what you're wearing.

Strangely (happily) my mood and energy remain good, even now after three months of sleep deprivation. I think my pain and spasms relate to last winter's surgeries, but it seems like it's going to take forever to get appts with different docs to make progress. C'est la vie.

Latest News