Oct 25, 2007
Porto Vintage by Parfums Gustave Eiffel

Gustave-Eiffel-Porto-Vintage-Eau-de-Parfum-Spray-66877.jpg

kewart

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 9, 2006
Good morning to you all.
I am celebrating the safe arrival of my latest great-nephew.
Arthur was born close to midnight last night weighing in at 7lbs10oz
(I don't do kilos where babies are concerned) He came out face up so my poor
niece didn't have the best of labours but they are both ok now and having a well-deserved rest.

I will wear Caron Royal Bain de Champagne to wet his little head with.

Hazel5

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 25, 2016
kewart congratulations on the new Arthur. What a happy occasion!

For the synch I'm in October by Neil Morris.

ineespenes

Apr 27, 2006
Good morning everyone and Congrats to Kewart :) Today is a cold and rainy day. It was hard getting up today, since I would much rather stay in my warm bed than go to work. At least I have a relatively short shift. For the synch today I concidered both Mystere and Mandarine mandarin, but settled on Mandarine mandarin. It felt safer for work :) Have a great day all :)

Miss Hesta Jones

Jan 27, 2016
Top o’ the morning from the top o’ t’hill! Ok, I know it’s the afternoon, but poetic licence, blah blah.

Hope you lovely lot are all well. My efforts to keep up with you all have fallen flat, but I had to drop by today on two counts...
1)Have you seen the current online offerings from TKMaxx (UK only)?! I wish I hadn’t, because now I have a house all to myself, I’m on a buying ban because eating is (mostly) more important than fragrance. Le sigh...
2) I’m testing some of Mugler’s Les Exceptions today. Supra Floral and Oriental Express are faves so far, Cyprissime is also very nice. I’ve not seen the prices for FBs, but nevertheless, I’ve been pleasantly surprised. I think teardrop and tds would both enjoy Supra Floral, if you ladies haven’t already tried it...

SOTD - all of the above with a dash of Over the Musk and Fougère Furieuse (I’m at home today, should anyone be concerned for my welfare wearing all that out in the wild )

Shycat

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 18, 2005
Congratulations to the young mother and kewart--Welcome to Arthur!

I spent far too much time trying to figure out what I have that's an Autumn fragrance, so this is a long post. Apparently I only register Spring, Summer, Winter. In the end I chose PdN Sacrebleu but at the critical second my hand strayed to Blue Amber, and I grabbed it to post.

I don't know if it's actually an Autumn fragrance for everybody else, but it is for me, having bought it in the summer. One of my happy memories with my youngest is driving him to school each morning--I fear we usually hit McDonald's for McMuffin breakfasts, eating them in the TSC parking lot as we watched the rest of the car riders/buses arrive. One fall I wore a lot of Blue Amber and I recall one particular morning he was extra exuberant, even for him, and he threw his arms wide in our front yard and said "That smells so GOOD! WHO WOULDN'T WANT TO SMELL THAT???:smiley::smiley::smiley:

He changed with puberty:huh::rolleyesold:--not just the usual ways, but the smell of coffee grounds would give him a headache in about five minutes. He loved to burn a Christmas Cookie candle but that was it. The next fragrance that got an enthusiastic reception? Mysore Lime! Gifted at the start-ish of this fall semester.

Long story long, I'm in Mysore Lime---wearing a summer scent but feeling the autumn.

Robin-in-FL

Jan 18, 2011
Good morning, good smelling people, and congratulations to Kewart's niece on her hard-won baby!

Bottega Veneta Knot for today. From the cute lil' mini bottle.

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Have you seen the current online offerings from TKMaxx (UK only)?!
I have now !. Many thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:

In synch and house twin with Hazel :vrolijk_26: today. Neil Morris - Chasing Autumn.

1c52d652844aa8d86947077573f4df58.jpg

375x500.15455.jpg

kewart, congratulations to you and yours. Will be raising a merlot or two in honour of Arthur very shortly.

thtgif.gif~c200

Larimar

Apr 23, 2010
Hello everybody,

I do hope you are all swell. Life has been busy. Spent some real quality time in the mountains this summer. Enjoying our last summery day and evening outside. Accordingly, cocktail hour to be followed by wine o‘ clock. :beer:
Today I was in Lanvin Scandal, vintage extrait.

Congrats to kewart!

Happy Friday :kiss:

rynegne

Jul 25, 2012
shycat, it's still warm here too...I think it's supposed to drop dramatically in the coming days (in Chicago at least.) Still plenty of time to enjoy the summer stuff.

I'm wearing something that reminds me of fall weather. "Vintage" Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb.

spicebomb2-445x330%282%29.png

thekelleybelle

Mar 14, 2018
Congratulations to you and your family, kewart! Arthur is a lovely classic name.

Shycat, that story hit all the feels. Your son has great taste! :smiley:

I'm synching in Donna Karan Signature, vintage from a swan bottle that was gifted to me by the eBay gods. I brought along a recently acquired vintage mini to work in case I want to reapply, the one that looks like a chess piece from Middle Earth (far right). It looks like I'm dabbing the Breath of Sauron on my wrists.

View attachment 88771

Happy Friday, BNers!

Latest News