Oct 25, 2007
Aqua Wood by Mancera

Mancera-Aqua-Wood.jpg

ClockworkAlice

We all smell here
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Happy Birthday, Mumsy! :birthdays:

Good luck at the doctor's appointment, teardrop! I haven't tried anything by Mona di Orio yet, but the way you described Dojima sounds like it's a really great scent. I think I should try this and Vanille out some day.

staticx, if you read this, you also smell great today. I like many of your sotd choices.

I'm synching with Opium today - and one spray of Le baiser du dragon on my right wrist that I cannot smell right now (and that's why I decided to put on Opium instead). I hope the spices will power through my congested nose and help me heal faster, haha. I hate not being able to smell things properly (although I admit, I'm happy not smelling anything while cleaning my cat's litter box. Can't have it all).

Sending healing vibes for myself and all of you who are in need of them!
Have a nice Friday :beer:

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Good morning all !. :birthdays: Happy Birthday mumsy :birthdays:

Hoping for a positive outcome at the doctor's for teardrop and a fully functioning nose for ClockworkAlice :thumbsup:

ClockworkAlice :vrolijk_26: If you plan to investigate Mona Di Orio further I highly recommend Oud Osmanthus. Beautifully smooth and versatile oud with no medicinal or barnyard notes. A real gem, IMHO :smiley:

In synch with Anna Zworykina - Fallen Leaves.

new-england-foliage-2017.jpg

375x500.32920.jpg

tgif_thank_god_its_fall_yes_tile_coaster.jpg

ClockworkAlice

We all smell here
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Hoping for a positive outcome at the doctor's for teardrop and a fully functioning nose for ClockworkAlice :thumbsup:

ClockworkAlice :vrolijk_26: If you plan to investigate Mona Di Orio further I highly recommend Oud Osmanthus. Beautifully smooth and versatile oud with no medicinal or barnyard notes. A real gem, IMHO :smiley:

Thank you! All the wishes from you and other wonderful people are definitely helping, because after quite a hard week my nose is getting better by the hour right now! :D hopefully by tomorrow I'll be able to enjoy perfume and food just like before :)

And thank you for the recommendation - this one sure looks interesting, too. Oud is very hit and miss for me, but if it's not barnyard it should be good :) I do love the scent of osmanthus though, it should be an interesting combo.

Your chosen scent seems just perfect for the occasion, too :)

teardrop

Sep 1, 2010
Thanks for all the good wishes, dear friends! My appointment went well & there was very little waiting. A repeat X-ray & doctor's examination confirmed there is no fracture, just a sprain to the tendon that controls the thumb. l can go without the splint now, & return to clinical duties when l go back to work! :D lt's actually feeling almost back to normal, & l even managed to carry some shopping with my right hand this morning.

l had a pleasant wander round the shops afterwards (the appointment was at the smaller hospital in the centre of town), bought myself a few scented soaps & lotions from TK Maxx, & popped into John Lewis where l got to sniff Alien Goddess & Black Orchid Parfum. AG is nice but not a patch on the original, & BO is so similar to the original that l'd say it's definitely not worth owning both. So nice to be able to try testers in-store again, though!

Clockwork, do try Vanille if you get the chance, it's so much more complex & interesting than your average vanilla fragrance!

ClockworkAlice

We all smell here
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Teardrop, good to hear that your appointment went well!
And yes, in-store testing is the best. I personally struggle finding perfume samples in my end of the world (save for several houses offering their sample sets for reasonable price and reasonable shipping). Many better sites require a big purchase to be able to order samples, and other places, well - if shipping/sample price is affordable, they do not have what I want, and if they have what I want, it's more sensible to just blind buy the bottle from a discounter usually. At least I was able to find some samples on discounter sites, and of course you sometimes get something with a purchase from a store, but it's not like you have much choice. Hopefully it's better in other parts of the world. Oh, but I'm ranting. Yay for open stores and free sampling!

Teardrop, you are making me even more interested in Vanille.

Larimar

Apr 23, 2010
Hello fragrant friends!
Good news, teardrop!
TGIF and cocktail hour is impending... decisions to be made. It looks as if a Dry Martini ('cheating' with Cocchi Americano is just how I like it) is in my glass soon.
Shall be wearing Tabac Blond Extrait (2013) for the occasion.
For SotD I was re-sampling Tabac Noir by Caron. A somehow nice pipe tobacco-y scent that got the proportions between woody, sweet and smoke right. Still unhappy with the new iteration of Tabac Blond though.
Have a great start to your weekend!

HouseOfPhlegethon

be huffin' parfums
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2017
((((Clockwork)))).................... Good for you and your booboo teardrop!

Too warm to synch in a true fall scent. Going for a semi-autumnal scent, Zany by Avon. It's a kind of kitchen sink thing.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Happy birthday to Mumsy, another person I miss terribly.

And it sounds like everyone's healing up nicely. I'm convinced a change of seasons can help with that.

First day of fall on the horizon... my very favorite annual celebration. Not just because it means the miserable heat is almost gone, but also because it heralds the start of....

Sycomore Season!

Sycomore.WithPods_EDT.jpg

The only occasion for which I would ever use this obnoxious emoji:

:2vrolijk_08:

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
Shycat, isn't there anything you can do to get rid of your spiders? Three bites sounds like a three too many. Speaking of spider bites, when I worked in the state hospital our patients used to claim "spider bites" when their illicit drug injection sites would get infected. Those "spiders" would bite in the most unusual spots--between toes happened a lot, and once on a penis. Ouch.

I'm wearing Impossible Iris today while waiting for the rain to arrive, and baking chocolate chip cookies. The house is warm and smells good so I'll read and eat cookies this afternoon.

HouseOfPhlegethon

be huffin' parfums
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2017
Shycat, isn't there anything you can do to get rid of your spiders? Three bites sounds like a three too many. Speaking of spider bites, when I worked in the state hospital our patients used to claim "spider bites" when their illicit drug injection sites would get infected. Those "spiders" would bite in the most unusual spots--between toes happened a lot, and once on a penis. Ouch.

I'm wearing Impossible Iris today while waiting for the rain to arrive, and baking chocolate chip cookies. The house is warm and smells good so I'll read and eat cookies this afternoon.

"Shots between the toes". Yeah, I "hear that". Plus, direct shots into the neck [risky but done].

The humidity is just sucking the fragrance from my arm today. So, onto Cuir de Chine, this afternoon.

ExtremeK

Some of my paths in life are dirt
Basenotes Plus
Jul 5, 2010
Happy Friday, all - I’m wearing Bel Ami again, and with its spiced leather, it was a nice choice for today’s sync.

I wore a light fleece jacket this evening! Autumn is on its way.

Latest News