Oct 25, 2007
Velvet Tonka by BDK Parfums

o.IwuUPIHOrVp.jpg

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Good morning all !. Happy BNiversary, Donna :beer:

Time for a Friday rant :angry:. So we currently have 500,000 people a week receiving alerts to self isolate, cases up to nearly 50,000 a day and the highest rate of infection since January yet (despite grave warnings from the medical profession) all restrictions are to be lifted on Monday :shocked:. We all crave normality but not in the middle of a bloody third wave !. Complete and utter lunacy.

10 Corso Como EDP.

Bellagio_Como-Lake.jpg

12400.jpg

Alityke

Nov 27, 2011
Jon despite the vaccine mediating hospitalisation there are 2500 in hospital with Covid. Ventilation cases continue to grow too.

Got the wrong synch today so I finished the remains of my JAR Jardenia sample. It has a very medicinal vibe going on, so maybe that means I am in synch in a way

ineespenes

Apr 27, 2006
Good morning everyone and Happy BN-anniversary to Donna :) Sotd is yet again Sycomore. It is cloudy today and I have a hangover from yesterday's pub-round :p Soon we 're off to meet an old friend which hapoens to be in Bergen too now :) Have a great day everyone :)

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Jon despite the vaccine mediating hospitalisation there are 2500 in hospital with Covid. Ventilation cases continue to grow too.

Speaks volumes. The pig-headed refusal to amend the "road-map" is going to cost more lives :cry:

SotE - Bois 1920 Extreme.

37604.jpg

Alityke

Nov 27, 2011
Yep! I agree wholeheartedly Jon.

Public asked to take personal responsibility.
Self same public behaving as they did at Wembley last Sunday including on who stuck a firework where the dun don’t shine & tried to fire it from said orifice!

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
Jon, my own daughter thinks she doesn't need a vaccine. I just wrote to her dearest friends in NOLA (the husband is a nurse) to ask they try to approach her about getting vaxxed. Given that Louisiana is one of those states seeing increased hospitalization, maybe Nurse Brett's words will carry more weight than Mom's.

Happy 17th, Donna.

Continuing Le Labo testing, I've selected Thé Noir 29 since tea is certainly one of those spa-associated scents.
It's well done and has nice development, but it's neither breaking new ground nor trumping others of its ilk for me. The top notes are 51% feminine, while the drydown is 51% masculine. So, unisex, but ends up being more masculine for my standards.

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Yep! I agree wholeheartedly Jon.

Public asked to take personal responsibility.
Self same public behaving as they did at Wembley last Sunday including on who stuck a firework where the dun don’t shine & tried to fire it from said orifice!

Self same public who will be packed on the beaches like sardines this weekend when the temperatures rise :rolleyesold:

Mrs Q, I pray that she accepts the vaccine and you get some peace of mind.

tdem1961

I smell something…
Basenotes Plus
Jun 19, 2005
Hello and best to everyone. Happy BNiversary, Donna! You may not recall, but you were among the first to welcome me on another now-defunct perfume message board and sent me some lovely decants too - of course this was back in the olden days when it wasn’t a major issue to mail internationally. I’ve never forgotten your kindness.

My thoughts are with the people of Germany and Belgium as they suffer through those horrendous floods. Just devastating.

Jon of course I’m with you 100%. NYC and NY State are open and my employer, the City University of New York, is soon following suit. This despite the advent of the Delta variant and the steadfast refusal here to mask up and take the vaccine - I live almost exactly equidistant from two big hotspots full of deniers, lucky me. John’s hospital made it down to one case for a hot minute and their numbers are climbing back up again. I don’t even know what to say anymore.

In synch with Un Jardin sur Le Nil. Take care, all.

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
I'm wearing Mugler Cuir Impertinent today.

I was supposed to watch a Yankees baseball game at a friend's house tonight but our plans are derailed due to players getting Covid. The idea of a resurgence is a nightmare.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
yet (despite grave warnings from the medical profession) all restrictions are to be lifted on Monday :shocked:. We all crave normality but not in the middle of a bloody third wave !. Complete and utter lunacy.

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his income depends upon his not understanding it."
---Upton Sinclair

Joining in the Spa Day sync with Eau de Roche, the cologne interpretation of "rock water" (French for mineral water beverages).

attachment.php

ExtremeK

Some of my paths in life are dirt
Basenotes Plus
Jul 5, 2010
Happy BN-iversary, Donna! 17 years is impressive!

When science and medicine are politicized, this is the inevitable sad result. Viruses care not one whit whether people "believe in" COVID-19 or the ineffectiveness of vaccines or that their personal freedoms are more important than wearing a mask. I suspect more and more people will discover that the hard way. I'm all out of sympathy for pretty much everyone in that camp, but I remain very concerned for people who cannot get the vaccine for other medical reasons or lack of access.

I personally will continue to minimize contact with others, despite my vaccinated status.

I'm in synch with Tam Dao EDP.

Here's to the start of a much-needed weekend!

ComDiva

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 4, 2006
HBTY, Donna and a true spritz and dash for me.

I always associate lavender with spas and relaxation, so taking it to 11 with Serge Lutens Encens et Lavande

Fabulous Friday, everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News