Something that smells like soda (Coke, Fanta, etc)

Oct 22, 2021
Thanks for all the suggestions and comments so far! 😁
I've picked up two of the suggestions (Prada Luna Rossa Black and CK One Shock) that are readily available where I live. I can definitely smell the soda vibe in both, but I would say CK One Shock has more of a "this is soda" vibe. As a fragrance (disregarding the soda association) I actually prefer Prada Luna Rossa Black though.

JakeStiebs

Smell Good, Feel Good
Basenotes Plus
Dec 26, 2010
I second the original M7 suggestion, and I think M7 Oud Absolu also has a cola vibe.

And for a more classic fragrance, you might try Halston Z-14.
+1 for YSL's M7 Oud Absolu, essence of cherry Coca Cola.
26133131-9806.jpg

Tonyprince

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 1, 2007
I don't think many people have smelled this, but Purpl by Pekoe has a definite grape soda note. (Basenote's spellcheck literally wouldn't let me spell the name of this house correctly even after several attempts, so I guess people will just have to figure it out. Hint: It's a Turkish niche house and the first three letters are correct.) Oddly, it would let me write the odd spelling of the name of the perfume correctly, but not the house. Go figure.

Dec 19, 2018
Discontinued, but not all that long ago, so it's still findable: Ralph Lauren Notorious. I wore it exclusively for most of college. To me it smells somewhere between Coke and Dr. Pepper, and some kind of complicated liqueur that's made by monks somewhere in Europe - a fresh, herby-citrusy-floral smell. It has an effervescent, fresh sensation, but without being aquatic/ozonic.

Owen Bawn

Basenotes Member
Oct 18, 2021
I get the Grape Nehi thing from Dunhill Icon, and to a lesser extent from the similar but more reserved Dunhill Century. And of course, Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Chinotto di Liguria smells like chinotto, a ubiquitous and refreshing Italian carbonated soft drink. I'd like to find a dry, not too sweet lemon-orange citrus fragrance that would smell something like Ireland's Club Rock Shandy.

FumierTurque

Basenotes Member
Feb 15, 2022
Some scents that come to mind when thinking about soda:
  • Roja Enigma Pour Homme (Parfum Cologne) has a nice cola/Dr. Pepper accord in the drydown.
  • Dior Homme Cologne reminds me of effervescent lemon-lime soda such as Sprite.
  • Serge Lutens Five O'Clock Au Gingembre makes me think of ginger ale in the initial hour.
  • Tauer Lonestar Memories smells like root beer and myrrh to me, after the smoky and leathery notes fade.

slpfrsly

Physician, heal thyself
Basenotes Plus
Apr 1, 2019
Arancia di Capri perhaps for a fanta, but it lacks the fizz. Heeley's Gingembre for ginger beer. Coca cola is covered by Roja's Elysium Cologne, at least for a while. I find many incense fragrances to have a cordial quality to them: try Avignon and Cardinal.

This thread also makes me wonder how relevant this is to this: https://basenotes.com/threads/how-m...w-people-judge-sweetness.524820/#post-5674313

OP, you haven't cut out soft drinks recently, have you?

Oct 22, 2021
Arancia di Capri perhaps for a fanta, but it lacks the fizz. Heeley's Gingembre for ginger beer. Coca cola is covered by Roja's Elysium Cologne, at least for a while. I find many incense fragrances to have a cordial quality to them: try Avignon and Cardinal.

This thread also makes me wonder how relevant this is to this: https://basenotes.com/threads/how-m...w-people-judge-sweetness.524820/#post-5674313

OP, you haven't cut out soft drinks recently, have you?
I have not been drinking a lot of soft drinks for about 3 years now. Usually I also mostly only eat home made food.
I don't know how much of a difference there is between raw ingredients in the US and Europe, but since I like cooking anyway I will take some time to look into it. Thanks! (y)

Oct 22, 2021
Tried A. Tauer's Incense Rose today based on the recommendations.
I can definitely see the similarity in the smell. It doesn't have enough of a "sparkle" to it that my first thought would be soda, but I can definitely understand the recommendation.

Latest News