Some interesting info on IES isomers

Bill Roberts

Basenotes Dependent
Mar 1, 2013
Picture1.jpg

Picture2.jpg

Picture3.jpg

Orbitone vs Sylvamber would be an interesting comparison as well as perhaps the most rational pair of isomer blends among what we can get, as we cannot get Iso Gamma Super. I do not have Orbitone.

https://sci-hub.se/10.1002/anie.202005719

EDIT: But I can find no one who carries Orbitone. So while it may be very interesting that it has such a high ratio of Iso Gamma to Iso E Super Plus with almost 6:1, while Sylvamber is in the opposite direction with about 2:3, we may not be able to experience that comparison nor use blends of the two.

Orbitone seems comparably or even more Iso Gamma Super-ish than the IFF captive product itself, reportedly the sole ingredient of the somehow-famous "Molecule 01."

Last edited:

Bill Roberts

Basenotes Dependent
Mar 1, 2013
Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know those would not work for everyone.

Perhaps you could try sci-hub.se directly and paste into the search box the DOI, which is the latter part of the URL's shown, e.g. for the second link, 10.1002/cbdv.201300403

There is a validation step involved on the site, basically just a "captcha" or something, and perhaps the fact that you have never completed it at the site is what prevents viewing when using the direct link. I don't know.

Bill Roberts

Basenotes Dependent
Mar 1, 2013
You can't find anything using sci-hub.se so far as I know, but the great majority of the time on having a DOI from a Pubmed search one can go read the paper on sci-hub.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...