Smelled on the Street

Hazzle77

Feb 3, 2021
I went for a jog earlier today and ran past a guy who must have been in his 80's wearing Lagerfeld Cologne - I recognised it straight away as it was one of the fragrances my dad wore when I was a kid. Gave him a smile and a wave!

Driftmoon

Jul 4, 2017
Spent 2 days at Phantasialand in Germany and apparently Sauvage decided to visit the park too. It was everywhere. Also smelled some Aqua Di Gio Profumo.
Also lots of womans fragrances but i don't recognize those.

Good to see lots of people are wearing fragrances though, i sometimes feel like i am the only one around.

cheapimitation

Basenotes Dependent
May 15, 2015
I got a hugeeee nauseating trail of BR540 off someone at Hudson yards mall. Later on the street at two different times I got a trail of oud from someone, not sure if it was the real thing or an oud style fragrance, it was nice!

Feb 21, 2015
A well dressed lady came into my office today. I could smell BR 540 on her. She confirmed it was and said her husband got it for her for her birthday. Not bad. Im usually bad at guessing what people have on.

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
I was about 15 feet behind a gentleman in a crosswalk, and the sillage was enormous. Weatherwise, there was no wind, so it was all him. I asked him what he was wearing when we got to the other side of the street and he said Fierce. I can't imagine it in an enclosed space.

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
I was about 15 feet behind a gentleman in a crosswalk, and the sillage was enormous. Weatherwise, there was no wind, so it was all him. I asked him what he was wearing when we got to the other side of the street and he said Fierce. I can't imagine it in an enclosed space.
Probably a health hazard if in an enclosed area like an office space, experienced that too many times first hand.

Cook.bot

Flâneuse
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
The woman who delivered my groceries today was wearing Chanel Coco Mademoiselle. That was a bit of a surprise.

I had to ask her the name, as I don't know that scent well. It's perfectly pleasant if a bit nondescript.

Izzie

Jul 10, 2012
An overwhelming cloud of Armani Code on a gas station attendant this afternoon. It's not unpleasant in smaller doses, though.

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
I kept smelling a sweet, rich and thick gourmand rose just like every hundred metres in the city centre today.
At one point I started thinking could it be possible that it's some remains of Zara's Rose Gourmand I was testing a few days ago sitting somewhere on my coat sleeve or something?
I still have no idea if it's me or the whole town went crazy for sweet roses.

Mar 14, 2021
Ariana Grande's Cloud in the bus stop today.

Also something joyfully fruity-syrupy sweet wafted from a neighbour on Sunday, it smelled very familiar but I don't know what it was. Viva la juicy or something else in that ballpark maybe?
Can you tell it was Ariana Grande and definitely not Baccarat Rouge? I was once wearing from a decant of Baccarat Rouge and someone asked me if I was wearing Baccarat Rouge or Ariana Grande.

That got me curious and I set out to smell Ariana Grande's Cloud. Initial impression didn't remind me of Baccarat Rouge, but I kept thinking about the comment that the person made and that has kinda stopped me from thinking about a future purchase of a full bottle of Baccarat Rouge.

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Can you tell it was Ariana Grande and definitely not Baccarat Rouge? I was once wearing from a decant of Baccarat Rouge and someone asked me if I was wearing Baccarat Rouge or Ariana Grande.

That got me curious and I set out to smell Ariana Grande's Cloud. Initial impression didn't remind me of Baccarat Rouge, but I kept thinking about the comment that the person made and that has kinda stopped me from thinking about a future purchase of a full bottle of Baccarat Rouge.
Cloud is distinctly more gourmand and gives off a different scent aura. I think I do distinguish it among the other dupes and smell alikes. (I don't distinguish other smell alikes) The original is a rare sight and it is still much more complex than any of the dupes.

If you're not absolutely in love with BR I don't think it's worth buying it right now unless you don't care smelling like everyone - its dna is the most popular thing right now, there are so many dupes, interpretations, imitations and unique creations based on the scent profile it's not even funnny anymore. Among the newest is Zara Red Temptation. Zara! (Quite a good one though to be fair. Lacks the overall complexity still but gets closer than most, does the medicinal and piney/earthy aspects nicely)

If you're absolutely in love with BR and can afford it easily and don't care about being very original, go for it, it's still worth it for you. But if you have any pretense in smelling unique, stay away. Out of ~three scents I pass through the day ~two of them are in rouge category.

Mar 14, 2021
Cloud is distinctly more gourmand and gives off a different scent aura. I think I do distinguish it among the other dupes and smell alikes. (I don't distinguish other smell alikes) The original is a rare sight and it is still much more complex than any of the dupes.

If you're not absolutely in love with BR I don't think it's worth buying it right now unless you don't care smelling like everyone - its dna is the most popular thing right now, there are so many dupes, interpretations, imitations and unique creations based on the scent profile it's not even funnny anymore. Among the newest is Zara Red Temptation. Zara! (Quite a good one though to be fair. Lacks the overall complexity still but gets closer than most, does the medicinal and piney/earthy aspects nicely)

If you're absolutely in love with BR and can afford it easily and don't care about being very original, go for it, it's still worth it for you. But if you have any pretense in smelling unique, stay away. Out of ~three scents I pass through the day ~two of them are in rouge category.

Sadly I do have a pretense in smelling unique...as much as is possible :ROFLMAO: Capped my bottle of Sauvage and put it away in the drawer once I smelled it on one too many people haha.

Thanks for the feedback though, will keep that in mind.

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Sadly I do have a pretense in smelling unique...as much as is possible :ROFLMAO: Capped my bottle of Sauvage and put it away in the drawer once I smelled it on one too many people haha.

Thanks for the feedback though, will keep that in mind.
Also keep in mind that I was speaking of what I often smell in my area - if you don't smell these delicious sweetened bandages each time you go out of your home, then it's not as popular in your area as in mine, therefore safe to acquire and still smell original :) It's a good perfume really, and the dupes smell nice, too, I just personally find its popularity in my city hilarious :)

Kotori

In my little cloud
Basenotes Plus
Aug 17, 2006
In fact, they perfume the Abercrombie and Fitch stores at the mall with this. Agree that it’s overwhelming in enclosed spaces.

Kotori

In my little cloud
Basenotes Plus
Aug 17, 2006
I kept smelling a sweet, rich and thick gourmand rose just like every hundred metres in the city centre today.
At one point I started thinking could it be possible that it's some remains of Zara's Rose Gourmand I was testing a few days ago sitting somewhere on my coat sleeve or something?
I still have no idea if it's me or the whole town went crazy for sweet roses.
Or maybe a store there is perfuming its ambient air?

Kotori

In my little cloud
Basenotes Plus
Aug 17, 2006
What city are you in? Being in the southeastern US, I always wonder where people are who smell niche perfumes on people all the time. Around here, one doesn't smell very much quality perfume in the wild, let alone niche brands.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
You’re certainly right about the southeastern US. I feel like I ran into a lot more fragrance in the Midwest. But also, with all the masking back and forth where I live, maybe I’m just smelling less.

naylor

Basenotes Institution
Oct 24, 2011
tumblr_nu3m0cFpp41rpywblo1_500.gifv

Kotori

In my little cloud
Basenotes Plus
Aug 17, 2006
Last week, I was shopping the glassware aisle at Homegoods prior to hosting another holiday, and a lovely octogenarian woman shopping next to me was wearing Perry Ellis 360 degrees, which I remember fondly from my high school years.

Beck

Basenotes Dependent
May 13, 2014
Allure Homme Sport coming form 2 guys and Armani Code coming from another one while running.

Kotori

In my little cloud
Basenotes Plus
Aug 17, 2006
We were having dinner at a restaurant on a pier (in Florida) and a woman at the table next to us was wearing such an unholy amount of La Vie est Belle that it was noticeable throughout the dinner and even when we walked 20 ft. away to take pictures of the sunset.

Latest News