Smelled on the Street

Varanis Ridari

The Scented Devil
Basenotes Plus
Oct 17, 2012
Another day, another bucket load of Sauvage in the air. Are people paid to wear this stuff??? :huh:

I'm beginning to think Sauvage is being gifted to young men by parents the way Tommy, Nautica, Curve, Polo Sport, and Acqua di Giò was when I was hitting my 20's. Yuck

Today I got a face of BR540 or one of it's many similar bakery saffron amberwoody blob musk clones.

PotassiumSnow

Jun 13, 2021
I came across an older gentleman today that had to have put on an entire bottle of Brute, it was eye watering strong and I could not stand in the same isle as this man. When he left there was a cloud of it lingering around. There is no mistaking this putrid scent for anything else. It took me back to middle school when every boy in the locker room was spraying that god awful stench around.

ION-ONE

Nov 26, 2013
Ohhh, that would make sense. Harried gift-seeking aunt + aggressive department store SA = bottle of Sauvage for nephew Josh.

Indeed. And how many times has an SA told me "this is the most popular scent/best seller at the moment" like that is a good selling point (suppose it is for many people - especially for gifts). Seems Sauvage has reached that tipping point!

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Semi-Retirement
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Another day, another typical sniff of Ombre Leather and.... yes, Sauvage.

I need to move!

Went to look at some shoes at a department store and decided to visit the Creed counter along the way. While I was there some individual walked up and sprayed what was equivalent to literally half of an Aventus bottle.

Something along the lines of spray several times then pause, then spray several times again then pause again, then spray spray several more times. It was a horrible sight to be seen.

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
Went to look at some shoes at a department store and decided to visit the Creed counter along the way. While I was there some individual walked up and sprayed what was equivalent to literally half of an Aventus bottle.

Something along the lines of spray several times then pause, then spray several times again then pause again, then spray spray several more times. It was a horrible sight to be seen.

Goodness gracious! :undecided:

rum

Basenotes Plus
Mar 17, 2011

Sounds like a form of abuse if you ask me!

ClockworkAlice

We all smell here
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
I was out and about today and smelled a lot of things today:

- Ariana Grande's Cloud
- MFK Baccarat Rouge
- something else with a similar dna but not as good, maybe some cheap dupe or 'inspired by'
- YSL Black Opium
- Van Cleef and Arpels Moonlight Patchouli (I think it's the new scent of my neighbour as I've been smelling that one a lot in the stairway the past week)

Ken_Russell

Jan 21, 2006
Local bank, during the fully operational (albeit closer to the closing time) hours.

A fairly casually or somehow smart casual dressed gentleman (customer? employee? outside third party contractor and/or shareholder or even maybe a combination of all these) wearing a fairly mainstream, though not 100% recognizable designer male vetiver.

Along the lines of yet still not identical to TDH.

Oviatt

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 30, 2007
A young woman in the heat smelled amazing--a slightly salty, woody fig like scent--and when I asked, it turns out to have been Leather by Malin + Goetz. Not sure that it smelled too much like leather but it did smell great.

Beck

May 13, 2014
M7 at the gym yesterday. I was like: WTF?! More people should wear this, including me.
Today I felt the smell of a perfume coming from a woman running. I would kill to know the name of both.

bklow

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 2, 2018
I read this thread every now and then and think to myself I just don’t get out enough to notice. I was walking around Boston the other day and didn’t smell any fragrances. The next day I was walking around Portsmouth and didn’t smell any fragrances. A couple days later, I was walking around Newport and on three different streets I got strong whiffs of Aventus. I was just excited to smell something.

Beck

May 13, 2014
I read this thread every now and then and think to myself I just don’t get out enough to notice. I was walking around Boston the other day and didn’t smell any fragrances. The next day I was walking around Portsmouth and didn’t smell any fragrances. A couple days later, I was walking around Newport and on three different streets I got strong whiffs of Aventus. I was just excited to smell something.

From the places I were in, London was the one in which I felt more perfumes coming from people.

Latest News