Smelled on the Street

rum

Basenotes Plus
Mar 17, 2011
Most recently in London:

- Guerlain Vetiver, on just about every other female that walks past me at work. Surprised at this as I thought it's mostly men that wear it. But I do see it as completely unisex though.

- Dior Sauvage easily the most common smell on men these days. It really is a hit for Dior. They must be raking it in lately...

- Aramis classic. On an older chap at the weekend in a supermarket. Smells wonderful to this day.

MFfan310

Jun 19, 2004
Around here, it's Acqua di Gio, Le Male, Sauvage, and 1 Million that dominate the air.

The only niche that I smell with any regularity is Aventus.

UnluckyXIII

Dec 3, 2015
Chanel Coco Mademoiselle in our reception area all day today, one of the reception girls must be wearing it, which isn't a bad this as I love the smell of it!!

Pontgros

Jan 13, 2016
For some reason, I just don't pick up on much. I can pick up on Angel on ladies and some jasmine heavy perfumes, but I don't sense much else that I can identify. Sauvage and AdGio have been noted on a couple of fellas lately. I asked guy recently what he had on because it smelled so good and that was old school Pi. Perhaps its because I am often in the field and visiting hospitals for work. They tend to be light on fragrances in those settings. I have been sniffing a little closer on those I meet up with who are a bit more polished to see what I can pick out...

MegaMav

Dec 12, 2013
Coco Mademoiselle on any 20-30 something woman is a good chance, Chanel No. 5 by an older woman that works at the supermarket.
On men, mostly aquatics, AdG and Nautica Voyage.
Nothing interesting around here, I guess I fill that void for the area.
I've gotten the stank eye a few times wearing pretty unassuming stuff (Eau Sauvage Parfum once), and they get the "yeah? and?" face in return.
Perfumery in the mainstream has gotten so one track, "dont offend me", "It better not be interesting, but pleasing".

Beck

May 13, 2014
Allure Homme Sport or any sibling yesterday at work. Cologne des Missions some weeks ago at work too. Does work count? I didn't know any of these people.

freewheelingvagabond

Jun 10, 2012
I was taking a walk in the streets and (surprisingly) went past two people smelling great! I hardly ever come across anyone wearing perfume here in Cleveland, so this was a total revelation. The first was a guy about my age, he smelled fab and really intriguing - something like a combination of vintage Armani Eau Pour Homme and vintage Versace L'Homme. The first reaction in my brain was that I have to get a bottle of vintage L'Homme that has been becoming an itch over the last 2-3 weeks. The next was a lady dressed in black and wearing something that smelled like a Tom Ford oud. Not uncommon - I've smelled this a lot on women in Moscow airport, but very much out of the ordinary around these parts. In each case I was walking in the opposite direction to them and didn't get a chance to compliment them, unfortunately.

The last time was in my office cafeteria when I came across this lady smelling great. I complimented her and we had a mini perfume chat, turns out she was wearing Coco Mademoiselle. That was surprising, as Coco Mademoiselle always smelled good to me on paper but never great as it smelled on her. I also suggested her to try some of the perfumes from Malle, including Noir Epices and Une Fleur de Cassie.

Last edited:

Oviatt

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 30, 2007
Was on the campus of the university where I lecture and a student (in a fraternity sweatshirt) walked by and was wearing Sauvage. Not a fan, but it smelled okay on him.

HORNS

May 18, 2008
A lady came into my office wearing Coco - she is an octogenarian and it smelled great on her. I have a bottle of vintage Coco extrait and reserve it for nighttime at home.

Kotori

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Aug 17, 2006
I was taking a walk in the streets and (surprisingly) went past two people smelling great! I hardly ever come across anyone wearing perfume here in Cleveland, so this was a total revelation. The first was a guy about my age, he smelled fab and really intriguing - something like a combination of vintage Armani Eau Pour Homme and vintage Versace L'Homme. The first reaction in my brain was that I have to get a bottle of vintage L'Homme that has been becoming an itch over the last 2-3 weeks. The next was a lady dressed in black and wearing something that smelled like a Tom Ford oud. Not uncommon - I've smelled this a lot on women in Moscow airport, but very much out of the ordinary around these parts. In each case I was walking in the opposite direction to them and didn't get a chance to compliment them, unfortunately.

The last time was in my office cafeteria when I came across this lady smelling great. I complimented her and we had a mini perfume chat, turns out she was wearing Coco Mademoiselle. That was surprising, as Coco Mademoiselle always smelled good to me on paper but never great as it smelled on her. I also suggested her to try some of the perfumes from Malle, including Noir Epices and Une Fleur de Cassie.

I admire your ability to compliment a stranger. I'd like to do that more.

Parfum de peau

Aug 18, 2006
The receptionnist at our offices wears Angel. It is strong... She has been overtaken by the building receptionnist though (a man) who probably empties a bottle of something oudy-woody in the morning. It should kill mosquitoes come summer.
The woman next to me in the train wore a nice fresh scent. She alway smells nice even in the evening (she is a fellow commuter btw). She used to wear Eau des Merveilles so I suspect it is Hermes, Le jardin de Monsieur Li maybe.

Last edited:

MFfan310

Jun 19, 2004
Yesterday, I got back from a much-needed vacation to Orlando. I didn't go to Disney (just Universal and SeaWorld), so you can rule out the smells of the Guerlain Epcot boutique.

However, I smelled three fragrances at Universal more than any other: Fierce, Mont Blanc Legend, and Sauvage. It was like no other men's fragrances even existed for one to try (well, with the exception of the occasional whiff of Aventus).

SeaWorld? Not much, but the penguin exhibit smelled very animalic. For comparison, my SOTD Leather Oud is not fecal. The penguins at SeaWorld were.

williamroe

Sep 9, 2016
someone had Aventus on in the grocery store last week. I couldn't tell who it was.... or which aisle they were projecting from.

Surfacing

Nov 6, 2002
Smelled a nice one yesterday evening. Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui. It gets criticized for being harsh, but it smells good once the top notes move on.

JakeStiebs

Smell Good, Feel Good
Basenotes Plus
Dec 26, 2010
At the gym:

In the locker room at the before my lift, Aventus by Creed.

During my run on the track, Mahogany Woods by Bath & Body Works. Felt like I was fighting my way through mollassess every time I passed him. Now I understand why light fragrances are more appreciated in the gym setting. Nonetheless, a great fragrance.

gandhajala

Sep 3, 2010
Not on the street, but today I asked a co-worker if she was wearing J'Adore. Turns out it was Miss Dior (!). Not sure how I could have confused the two.

Hat and Beard

Apr 10, 2012
Le Labo: Santal 33 again!!! Holy cow is this a popular one in NYC! I'm also sitting beside someone on the train right now that bathed in Dior: Sauvage. It's literally gagging me.

epapsiou

Always be smelling
Basenotes Plus
Sep 28, 2015
On Manhattan streets behind 3 young hipsters I get wafts of soapy floral. Is it boucheron PH? Or some Le Labo monstrosity. Not sure so I take another whiff and BAM - strong Vintage Kouros. Wait what !!! How did I miss that
And then I see a homeless guy there.
This hipster soapy floral mixed with the other smell became Kouros. I take a whiff again and it is gone. But I think I know what Pierre was going for when he did Kouros.

Latest News