Small Niche Italian Perfume House With Medieval Roots ?

stanmar

Basenotes Junkie
May 15, 2002
Can anyone recall the name of this small Italian Perfume House with claims of perfume designs dating all the way back to Medieval times. I came across this company over a decade ago, Their products included a perfume with dark chocolate notes & so good it merits a second look after all these years. Apparently the maker sourced perfume formulas dating back to Medieval times and tinkered with them a bit to create modern interpretations. I had acquired a sample somewhere or other online from probably a number of companies. Impossible to know which one at this point in time.

stanmar

Basenotes Junkie
May 15, 2002
Not Gritti either.

The marketing hype for this small Italian perfumer was based upon the claim of finding some old Medieval perfume formulas. From there designing his own scents heavily influenced by the older elixirs.
I guess this is one of those special moments in scent appreciation : wherein a memory of a perfume from decades ago comes to mind and the search begins to revisit.
Alas , searching my orders from Perfumedcourt.com from all those years back yielded nothing.

stanmar

Basenotes Junkie
May 15, 2002
I’m intrigued, let’s find out who this is!
If you look at the list of brands at the Perfumed Court- does anything ring any bells? What were the perfumes like?
I have gone to Perfumed Court and Surrender to Chance & searched the directory there , to no avail.
Best way to describe the perfume maker, albeit from a few small samples is very artisan in concept and design. The one that grabbed my attention contained unsweetened cocoa powder & was quite impressive.

metanoia

Oct 7, 2021
I have gone to Perfumed Court and Surrender to Chance & searched the directory there , to no avail.
Best way to describe the perfume maker, albeit from a few small samples is very artisan in concept and design. The one that grabbed my attention contained unsweetened cocoa powder & was quite impressive.
Do you remember anything about the bottles? Did the name have only letters or numbers?

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...