Slumberhouse Discussion

hippononamus

Basenotes Member
Aug 28, 2022
Kaffistova 1919 was one of the fragrances listed in this post. Never heard of it outside of that.

rynegne

Basenotes Institution
Jul 25, 2012
$1050+ for a 30ml of Vikt is wild. I'm still holding out hope Vikt and Rume make a comeback one day. Not likely to happen but who knows.

Martin__

Dec 18, 2021
Black Grev is better.
Vikt was released in larger batch and was re-released at least once.

Black Grev might be better, but with its limited quantity, the number of bottles that are about to be released you have to be either very quick or very lucky to get a bottle.

I guess it might be similar story to Sixes&Sevens, also very few bottles were released.

Of course you already have yours :)

Aug 26, 2022
Vikt was released in larger batch and was re-released at least once.

Black Grev might be better, but with its limited quantity, the number of bottles that are about to be released you have to be either very quick or very lucky to get a bottle.

I guess it might be similar story to Sixes&Sevens, also very few bottles were released.

Of course you already have yours :)
So you apparently know the number of bottles being released for black Grev?

Martin__

Dec 18, 2021
Do you know for a fact that they don’t exist? How are you privy to all this information if you don’t mind me asking?
If you rewind and read this thread carefully, you would know Josh has hundreds of projects and prototypes. They don't exist as real scents. Most of them come and go, some are being kept, some are destroyed and made all over again and that's a process - that lasts YEARS. Very, VERY few end up being released.

Aug 26, 2022
If you rewind and read this thread carefully, you would know Josh has hundreds of projects and prototypes. They don't exist as real scents. Most of them come and go, some are being kept, some are destroyed and made all over again and that's a process - that lasts YEARS. Very, VERY few end up being released.
Okay so you don’t really know. Thanks for clearing it up 😎

Martin__

Dec 18, 2021
Okay so you don’t really know. Thanks for clearing it up 😎
It's your words, not mine. I've never said anything like that.

With Josh you never really know. All I can tell, he was about to release Aubergine Firs in 2018 for the first time and Throes around 2019. None of these things had happened.

As @Mak-7 mentioned, same story with Red Grev. He announced it more than once, even did a full presentation (a Slumberhouse bottle filled with water and red dye). Later on we could read the predecessor and prototype of Mond was red.

Scent Detective

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 15, 2015
Fumerie having a dedicated snipet about the three scents make it seem like they are real and are waiting for stock.

Anyways - I won’t say much but keep the wallets filled for now.
Man, I can't bring myself to believe that Josh will actually release Aubergine Firs and Throes, but wouldn't that be awesome. I won't hold my breath though. I've been following Slumberhouse for quite a while and know how much stock we can put in wishful thinking...even in announced fragrances sometimes.

Proust_Madeleine

Basenotes Dependent
Apr 5, 2019
Wore Sova early this morn and now put a little Mond on to see how they really compare. Mond on first spray is very nice, more vividly popping with fruits and cream and spices, than the more agrestic hay/tobacco/spice of Sova. But I swear Mond gives a woody aromachem after about 20 minutes that makes the whole thing more stable than Sova and also more one dimensional.

I much prefer the everchanging long drydown of Sova. It really has that thing that I associate so much with Slumberhouse: a natural smelling lingering aroma that smells like a REAL THING. Real scents are complex, they have hundreds of little facets and Josh certainly achieves this effect quite often, whether through using lots of naturals as base notes, or creating incredibly complex accords that work well together and have different time curves In their evaporation.

It may just be one woody chemical that I’m slightly more sensitive to than others, but in Mond, I get a less interesting experience after a bit of time.

Martin__

Dec 18, 2021
Apparently I did same thing with Mond, but I sprayed Jeke 2022 on the second hand (on the "first" one I had Mond).

I feel like Mond and Jeke 2022 share the same maple syrup/woody/aromachemicals base and there are moments I confuse them! Apart from that they are like pears and apples - Jeke with tobacco, strong alcohol note (to me it's still whisky, scotch whisky rather than bourbon) and Mond with strong hay and some mellow fruits (like a fruit potpourri). No patchouli in neither of them...

I'll eventually and FINALLY get my hands on the long awaited bottle of Kiste 2022 and I have to compare it directly with Mond.

Martin__

Dec 18, 2021
Accidentally (truly, by accident) I came across the youtube channel called "the dua brand" and the reviewer's name was Mahsam Raza (or something like that). While watching his review my eyes started bleeding ultimately. Something's definitely wrong with that man.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...