Slumberhouse Discussion

Castingshadows

Basenotes Dependent
Apr 14, 2020
She only mentioned that it was super strong. I asked her what brand she thought it was, having told her I only sprayed once and she knew it was Slumberhouse. She was indifferent about the way it smelled, but she tends to enjoy clean, fresh fragrances. She always makes comments like who would want to smell like a tree, smoke, civet (cat piss in her words) or tobacco...so probably not a good barometer for overall likeability.
I love that. My wife is the same way. She says everything I wear (with Oud) smells like moldy wood and I get the cat piss comment a lot too. My wife hasn’t commented on Kiste which is normally how I tell if something is too strong but she loves rolling blunts with Peach Swishers so maybe she just likes it haha.

jholder

Jan 6, 2013
I am starting to wonder if I got the right sample and is it Kiste 2022 juice in it. I can say with all due respect to all of you here, not even a tiny similarity between Kiste 2022 and Mond for me.
I remember getting Mond and one of the first things people said was that it had a strong resemblance to Jeke. I was floored because I couldn't pick up *anything* resembling that. I let the bottle sit for a couple of months and wore it again and then *blam* It was channeling the shit out of some jeke. To the point that I couldn't understand how I missed it. (still not sure tbh)

Martin__

Dec 18, 2021
To me Mond has a lot from Sova and quite a bit from Jeke/Baque. It’s nowhere as sweet though. It’s the only Slumberhouse that actually links Jeke, Baque, Sova and and Kiste all together in one fragrance.

rynegne

Basenotes Institution
Jul 25, 2012
I love that. My wife is the same way. She says everything I wear (with Oud) smells like moldy wood and I get the cat piss comment a lot too. My wife hasn’t commented on Kiste which is normally how I tell if something is too strong but she loves rolling blunts with Peach Swishers so maybe she just likes it haha.
Peach Swisher Sweets would probably remind me of Kiste.

Dr B1414

Basenotes Junkie
Oct 21, 2019
Had the chance to briefly test Tobacolor in the airport. I can see why some people mentioned the similarities to Kiste. But very distant. Maybe the fruity sweetness. I think they are very different but I get the impression. It wasn't bad. Quite a fun perfume. Most likely redundant to me. I'll need to get a sample and test properly on the skin. That being said, I would rather grab more Kiste to quench my thirst.

Martin__

Dec 18, 2021
Had the chance to briefly test Tobacolor in the airport. I can see why some people mentioned the similarities to Kiste. But very distant. Maybe the fruity sweetness. I think they are very different but I get the impression. It wasn't bad. Quite a fun perfume. Most likely redundant to me. I'll need to get a sample and test properly on the skin. That being said, I would rather grab more Kiste to quench my thirst.
Thank you, I feel less weird now🙏

Martin__

Dec 18, 2021
I'll keep on testing, but so far I can say with full responsibility and awareness

Mond > Kiste 2022

Mond seems to be consistent in what it is on my skin, unlike Kiste 2022. I think Mond is an unique blend of what Slumberhouse best creations: Sova, Baque, Jeke and a pinch of Kiste (possibly others like Zahd too, but to a lesser degree).

Kiste 2022 is a Kiste with loads of resins and some amber. Much darker and thicker than the previous version was, true. So far I think it's not on Mond level, but I might change my mind when my bottle eventually arrives and I'll test it more thoroughly.

brothernature

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 22, 2020
I'll keep on testing, but so far I can say with full responsibility and awareness

Mond > Kiste 2022

Mond seems to be consistent in what it is on my skin, unlike Kiste 2022. I think Mond is an unique blend of what Slumberhouse best creations: Sova, Baque, Jeke and a pinch of Kiste (possibly others like Zahd too, but to a lesser degree).

Kiste 2022 is a Kiste with loads of resins and some amber. Much darker and thicker than the previous version was, true. So far I think it's not on Mond level, but I might change my mind when my bottle eventually arrives and I'll test it more thoroughly.
I feel both lack a lot of Slumberesque characteristics.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Proust_Madeleine

Basenotes Dependent
Apr 5, 2019
Tell about black grev!
I think I’m realizing that he actually amped up the notes that bother me in OG Grev and now I like them? It’s a very strange trick. Clove is now balanced with something else that I’d describe as cold spicy… cardamom and dianthus flowers? Definitely some anise… maybe another Thai holy basil type thing… an almost apothecary smell in a very good way. Bay leaf is a possibility! A slight bit of tobacco? There’s a candy I’ve had, Swiss I think, that’s like a salted licorice? Not salty but it’s got some of those aspects. Honestly I’m not entirely sure how he did it but I think it’s very nice. However I didn’t get it on my skin which is where the OG goes astray.

SubUmbra

Basenotes Junkie
Jul 9, 2018
I think I’m realizing that he actually amped up the notes that bother me in OG Grev and now I like them? It’s a very strange trick. Clove is now balanced with something else that I’d describe as cold spicy… cardamom and dianthus flowers? Definitely some anise… maybe another Thai holy basil type thing… an almost apothecary smell in a very good way. Bay leaf is a possibility! A slight bit of tobacco? There’s a candy I’ve had, Swiss I think, that’s like a salted licorice? Not salty but it’s got some of those aspects. Honestly I’m not entirely sure how he did it but I think it’s very nice. However I didn’t get it on my skin which is where the OG goes astray.
Well…really hoping I’m lucky enough to get a bottle of this. Sounds perfectly suited to my taste.

james1051

Basenotes Dependent
Jul 23, 2013
Any similarity to the late great Vikt?

xMr

Sep 13, 2022
Got to try new Kiste finally and actually agree it’s better than the OG. More layers. Didn’t get extreme maple syrup. Nice.

Also got to try black Grev :devilish:
If you don't mind me asking, how does one get the chance to try black grev? I am extremely excited ever since someone mentioned it a few weeks back and have been waiting for it to drop but Josh is pretty radio silent it seems.

Feb 26, 2022
I already know the answer is no, but I will ask anyways: is there any reliable way to get info on when things are dropping? I think I have signed up for about three different communication things and keep an eye on social media and I still completely missed, for example the recent restock.

It seems like people know somehow, but when you basically have to be there within a few hours of launch the complete radio silence and then spontaneous releases that you may or may not randomly find out about because some random fan happened to post somewhere where I might happen to see it are a bit depressing.

I happened to get the Norne oil, but it was literally completely dumb luck. I was bored in a book group and just happened to have randomly checked in on what was new at LuckyScent when it released.

Does LuckyScent do notifications? I would literally be willing to open an account or something and give them $500 now along with a list of perfume names and if one of them happens to release they can just use the money I already gave them to buy a bottle without even having to confirm with me.

Mak-7

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 19, 2019
I already know the answer is no, but I will ask anyways: is there any reliable way to get info on when things are dropping? I think I have signed up for about three different communication things and keep an eye on social media and I still completely missed, for example the recent restock.

It seems like people know somehow, but when you basically have to be there within a few hours of launch the complete radio silence and then spontaneous releases that you may or may not randomly find out about because some random fan happened to post somewhere where I might happen to see it are a bit depressing.

I happened to get the Norne oil, but it was literally completely dumb luck. I was bored in a book group and just happened to have randomly checked in on what was new at LuckyScent when it released.

Does LuckyScent do notifications? I would literally be willing to open an account or something and give them $500 now along with a list of perfume names and if one of them happens to release they can just use the money I already gave them to buy a bottle without even having to confirm with me.
Those are scalpers business 😄

I hear you and to have high chances you need to do all email communications from vendors, resellers, subscribe to this thread and get basenote notifications when new posts apprar both via email and push notification.

Until Josh truly matures with his communication skills - thats the best you can do.

May 7, 2018

No

Martin__

Dec 18, 2021
I was wearing Baque (from early morning till 5 PM) and Sova (from 5 PM after shower till late night) yesterday.

Baque's opening is to die for. That tobacco, oh that tobacco! Later on it's getting linear and a bit too sweet on my skin, like a mix of apricot candied syrup and tonka beans with only minimal spice and that tobacco dying down (but hanging somewhere around).

Sova might be my current top 3 along with Mond and Sibet. I just LOVE hay in perfumes and somehow all 3 show different facets of hay (however in Sibet it's not pronounced that much, still present though).

My current top 5 Slumberhouse:

1. Mond
2. Sova
3. Sibet
4. Jeke 2022
5. Kiste 2022

Last edited:

Dr B1414

Basenotes Junkie
Oct 21, 2019
For Halloween tonight, I am wearing Mond, the perfect choice for the occasion I think. Tonight marks my wife and I's first Halloween in our first home, and we're hoping to get some trick-or-treaters while we marathon some horror movies.

What is everyone else wearing?
I wore Aranyaka by Prin before going to work. Halloween is not really a thing here but I like to do something appropriate each year to get in the mood. This one from Prin felt perfect. Taking a walk in the woods at night with creatures lurking from behind the trees and incense burning. Incredible perfume.
Sounds like you're having quite some fun for Halloween.

Jul 4, 2014
For Halloween tonight, I am wearing Mond, the perfect choice for the occasion I think. Tonight marks my wife and I's first Halloween in our first home, and we're hoping to get some trick-or-treaters while we marathon some horror movies.

Same here! Starting with Hellraiser right now but we’ll see where the night goes, still haven’t watched Friday the 13th or Halloween this season.

I’m wearing Black Chyp by Jinx which is appropriately dark but I might spray some Mond on my hand To really get into the mood, it’s certainly the king of Halloween scents.

Feb 16, 2022

I'm wearing Mond, too! It's perfect with the red leaves on the ground. The weather is getting close to the point where I'll prefer something warmer, so trying to make the most of it while I can

Martin__

Dec 18, 2021
Speaking of lapsang souchong in perfumes - a very important ingredient of Jeke (especially pre-2022 Jeke) - I freakin' love this note! I'm wearing L'Artisan Parfumeur Tea For Two, it is smoky. But, I have come to the conclusion it isn't the best in the "smoky tea" genre I know and own.

Martin__

Dec 18, 2021
Hence Kiste 2022 a.k.a. Winter Kiste seems to be sold out - does anyone know how many bottles were released within those few batches sold in Luckyscent and Fumerie? Josh did not announce that, and I’m quite curious about the quantity of released bottles of this perfume.

Also, this was announced as a returning staple, like Mond - I am even more curious if (or when) the two mentioned will eventually come back.

I stopped posting (or spamming) a bit, but I have to admit I finally managed to buy a bottle of Norne with black cap and golden sprayer. It wasn’t cheap, but I’m extatic it eventually appears in my collection. Leading to the final of building my Slumberhouse collection I’m buying Baque (missed the release this summer) and I think I’m good. Was thinking also about Grev and Fjerne - I appreciate some aspects of both, but overall both seem not to fit to my taste and liking.

Beranium Chotato

Basenotes Dependent
Nov 13, 2011
Lots of blabber. Whats the point of posting stuff if you dont describe whats inside?
Btw, if you have lots of stalkers and the likes, it would be wise for you to further blurr or remove address from the package...
I'm just a fan. I'm not the one with stalker problems. Thanks for the feedback otherwise.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...