Slumberhouse Discussion

brothernature

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 22, 2020
The tweaked formula for Fjerne is quite nice. A bit of an amped honeyed amber and a denser white chocolate rule the top. Looking forward to reading additional thoughts as I sprayed it ten minutes ago.

Oud Dude

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 22, 2018
No big whoop but I wore my first batch bottle of Fjerne today for the first time in a long while. Upon first spray I said out loud “Ore” and then let it settle in. I have to say that I find it pleasant but overall I don’t think I need this in my collection. When I have my Slumberhouse jones I know there are at least five scents I’ll reach for before this. Mond may also wind up like this but I need a little more time with it.

mszigetihu

Jan 13, 2011
No big whoop but I wore my first batch bottle of Fjerne today for the first time in a long while. Upon first spray I said out loud “Ore” and then let it settle in. I have to say that I find it pleasant but overall I don’t think I need this in my collection. When I have my Slumberhouse jones I know there are at least five scents I’ll reach for before this. Mond may also wind up like this but I need a little more time with it.

I think a lot of us had that same experience with Fjerne when we tried it first and it was "meh". But it turned slowly and now i'm in love with it. Hope it will be the same for Mond, because currently it's okay, but that's about it.

Mak-7

Sep 19, 2019
I think a lot of us had that same experience with Fjerne when we tried it first and it was "meh". But it turned slowly and now i'm in love with it. Hope it will be the same for Mond, because currently it's okay, but that's about it.
Mond was too spicy for me. Not a bad perfume, but just like cola by Handley - spices are running a bit too wild. Only spicy perfume like that that i could handle as they were tames by other materials is African Leather the vintage one. It was so good in hot weather.

muzzbait

Jul 9, 2015
Well, Kilian originally stole the title from an Amy Winehouse song, so...

There are a lot of aspects to this. The font and even the staging of the text is a DIRECT replication of Kilian, no questions. Even though Kilian riffed off Amy Winehouse, Josh is riffing off Kilian here.
That said, this was not specifically sold or even advertised. No money was made from this.

Kilian, on the other hand, has been on the receiving end of cases over names used -- Straight to Heaven was originally Stairway, and Purple Rain received a CAD notice from Prince's lawyers, apparently.
Also, Josh has taken swipes at Kilian before.
Quite a lot of juicy nonsense I'm sure will lead nowhere.

JonoBorneo

Jan 30, 2019
Never tried the old Fjern, but the new one brings back vivid scent memories of smelling almond-esqu child safe glue as a kid and DYING to taste it. For that reason, I’m absolutely obsessed...it might just be my favorite Slumberhouse ever..topping even Kiste, because of the scent memory.

Sweet lavender, bitter almond, coconut, white choco-amber, and Santanol...yummmmmm

Proust_Madeleine

Apr 5, 2019
Never tried the old Fjern, but the new one brings back vivid scent memories of smelling almond-esqu child safe glue as a kid and DYING to taste it. For that reason, I’m absolutely obsessed...it might just be my favorite Slumberhouse ever..topping even Kiste, because of the scent memory.

Sweet lavender, bitter almond, coconut, white choco-amber, and Santanol...yummmmmm
I love your take on this.

Oud Dude

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 22, 2018

I love this. I have some fragrances in my collection that are there because they are dear reminders of things that casuals would raise eyebrows at for sure.

God

Dec 24, 2014
My new Fjerne decant arrived, and just chiming in to agree with others that they’re 90% the same.

I think the new one is slightly less “weird” in that it’s more traditionally pleasing. Seems to be missing the coconut/bread thing going on in the bottom layer of the scent, and amped up the dry dusty feel to me.

I am wearing them side by side and can detect the difference more when smelling the original first. Seems like on the new the more in-your-face sweet cocoa dusty and woody notes are covering up the base more. Feels more like Ore to me now, reminding me of an old marble cylinder bottle I had (and sold). Nice but I don’t need to seek out a new bottle, and maybe slightly prefer the original since it’s a bit more different.

Latest News