Slumberhouse Discussion

mszigetihu

Jan 13, 2011
lol what’s the point in all the apologies and the email list if he’s just going to randomly release his stuff without warning anyway

Honestly, i feel like sending out an email wouldn't make any difference if there's such a limited stock. Hell, it would sell out even faster, probably in minutes, like the first batch of Mond.

Eilenberg

Apr 10, 2021
been putting off trying slumber house at one point , but i wonder if any of these will even come to the eu/uk at all
Yes, but I believe Lulua is the only authorized Slumberhouse seller in the EU. I have only goods things to say about my purchases from them. If you drop them an e-mail, I think they can put you on an internal waiting list and e-mail you before listing their bottles in-stock when they receive them from Josh. At least that's how I bought a few bottles of Slumberhouse, including Norne. Here's the website address: https://lulua.pl/en/

Paddington

Marmalade Sandwich Eater
Basenotes Plus
Jun 17, 2021
Yes, but I believe Lulua is the only authorized Slumberhouse seller in the EU. I have only goods things to say about my purchases from them. If you drop them an e-mail, I think they can put you on an internal waiting list and e-mail you before listing their bottles in-stock when they receive them from Josh. At least that's how I bought a few bottles of Slumberhouse, including Norne. Here's the website address: https://lulua.pl/en/
aight sent them an email hopefully i dont get ignored like some

mszigetihu

Jan 13, 2011

Like i mentioned before, Lulua is not a real option anymore. The last time they got a Slumberhouse shipment was around the time when Josh re-released Sova and Jeke in the new bottles, but nothing really since. I was one of the first ones to write them about Mond after Josh announced it, asking to put me on the waitlist, but they had no clue when the shipment will come and they still haven't got anything.

Paddington

Marmalade Sandwich Eater
Basenotes Plus
Jun 17, 2021
well they responded they just said there trying not to keep lists 🤔 due to lack of contact from josh and I should sub to the newsletter,
I'm suspicious though that's me just being a sceptic

Eilenberg

Apr 10, 2021
I can completely understand that. I was on the list for 6 months myself or so and asked them two or so times if there's any update. Every time they were just helpless and apologized for not being able to provide any dates or more information. We all know how capricious Josh can be and that reliability + contact is not his top priority, so it's hard to blame Lulua. They probably just want their clients to avoid disappointment that is not their fault.

God

Dec 24, 2014
The original Fjerne is one of my favorites. I’d like to try this new version just out of curiosity but nobody seems to be doing any samples.

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
How do we know that this bigger bottle of Fjerne currently available is a batch variation distinct from the original?

brothernature

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 22, 2020
$400 CAD plus shipping plus possible duty blind buy. ahahahaha!

I suppose I should admit to myself that my Slumberhouse days are over, and enjoy the ones I have. (Unless I can track down Pear + Olive. That one I'd lay out a bit for. Why didn't I buy it when I could?)
I’m waiting to see how much Ore/Jeke (if they’re even real) will run from now on. Mond is set at $260 but he has priced Fjerne a bit higher the past 3-4 times it has been for sale ($220 for the 30ml and $300 for the 50ml).

If $300 is the new standard it’s going to suck.

brothernature

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 22, 2020
Fjerne was 180 the both times it appeared. Guess luckyscent is adding $20 premium
I bought it at $180 the first two times (white cap) then saw it at $220 at LS (black caps).

Heck, back in October they received 20 bottles from Josh and priced them at $290 and Josh heard about it and they lowered the price to $220 an hour later. (Photo included).

The price for Fjerne has been all over the place since summer.

Attachments

• 11DE7D7D-8496-4687-9355-1EEF243BF109.png
    11DE7D7D-8496-4687-9355-1EEF243BF109.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 20

God

Dec 24, 2014
Obviously I don’t support it, but on one hand I can kind of see the reasoning behind charging more. Someone at luckyscent sees that bottles are selling out immediately and going for 400 bucks or whatever on eBay and wants a piece of the pie.

It’s a shame because none of the extra money ends up going to the perfumer who actually made it! It’s almost like he should just keep cranking up the prices on his end so he is actually getting those profits from his creations and not scalpers/middlemen. Or would that cause an endless spiral where the resale prices get even MORE ridiculous… hmm…

brothernature

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 22, 2020
Obviously I don’t support it, but on one hand I can kind of see the reasoning behind charging more. Someone at luckyscent sees that bottles are selling out immediately and going for 400 bucks or whatever on eBay and wants a piece of the pie.

It’s a shame because none of the extra money ends up going to the perfumer who actually made it! It’s almost like he should just keep cranking up the prices on his end so he is actually getting those profits from his creations and not scalpers/middlemen. Or would that cause an endless spiral where the resale prices get even MORE ridiculous… hmm…
Fully agree with this, in a way.

It’s a shame we got to this, but it is what it is. Some flasks going for over $600 is ridiculous though.

Oh well…

muzzbait

Jul 9, 2015
Fully agree with this, in a way.

It’s a shame we got to this, but it is what it is. Some flasks going for over $600 is ridiculous though.

Oh well…
There's a really weird 'trend' at the moment where people are speculating on rare, hard-to-get scents, paying ridiculous prices for them, and then flipping them again a few weeks later. I've tracked a perfume (not a Slumberhouse scent) for the last 4 months and it's changed hands 3 times, always going for more than it was paid for. From 350 to over 500. No extra value added, just the supposed hard-to-find element. These bottles are essentially taken away from GENUINE customers who wanted them when they were at the original price, and sold them at ridiculous prices, likely making more money off the bottle than even Josh did, and usually within a few months of the bottle being released.

muzzbait

Jul 9, 2015
I bought it at $180 the first two times (white cap) then saw it at $220 at LS (black caps).

Heck, back in October they received 20 bottles from Josh and priced them at $290 and Josh heard about it and they lowered the price to $220 an hour later. (Photo included).

The price for Fjerne has been all over the place since summer.

Oh wow -- I didn't think Lucky Scent would ever do this...
They don't seem so indie, artisinal niche anymore...

Mak-7

Sep 19, 2019
There's a really weird 'trend' at the moment where people are speculating on rare, hard-to-get scents, paying ridiculous prices for them, and then flipping them again a few weeks later. I've tracked a perfume (not a Slumberhouse scent) for the last 4 months and it's changed hands 3 times, always going for more than it was paid for. From 350 to over 500. No extra value added, just the supposed hard-to-find element. These bottles are essentially taken away from GENUINE customers who wanted them when they were at the original price, and sold them at ridiculous prices, likely making more money off the bottle than even Josh did, and usually within a few months of the bottle being released.
everything is flipped these days, literally. things that are not even year old, no aged patina are sold as vintage and stuff.
everybody wants to make money flipping something, maybe to feel like they won, or maybe because not much to do during covid? but i am really tired of this stuff as well. where are the good ol' days?

brothernature

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 22, 2020
Oh wow -- I didn't think Lucky Scent would ever do this...
They don't seem so indie, artisinal niche anymore...
Honestly, I have been buying from Fumerie a lot lately.

I feel they have a better understanding with me as a customer. The Norne oil of course was the only one I went to LS for.

I was hoping we’d get some 100ml bottles directly from Josh but nothing on that end yet…

BeScho

Jul 20, 2021
Missed Fjerne on LS and unfortunately Fumerie doesn’t ship overseas.
Anyone from the states willing to fwd to Europe? Ofc I’m gonna compensate you for it.

Last time I used shipito, but wasn’t really satisfied with their service..

Castingshadows

Apr 14, 2020
I wore Baque to an outdoor wedding yesterday and it made me realize how easy it is to forget how good Baque smells. I know it’s a flagship SH scent and it’s not rare in any capacity but everytime I spray it I’m reminded why this is one of the greatest tobacco scents in existence.

Maybe it’s age but I swear my silver cap bottle has shifted from when I first bought it. It’s so much deeper and the tobacco is realllly pronounced in the drydown.

badarun

Jan 15, 2013
I wore Baque to an outdoor wedding yesterday and it made me realize how easy it is to forget how good Baque smells. I know it’s a flagship SH scent and it’s not rare in any capacity but everytime I spray it I’m reminded why this is one of the greatest tobacco scents in existence.

Maybe it’s age but I swear my silver cap bottle has shifted from when I first bought it. It’s so much deeper and the tobacco is realllly pronounced in the drydown.
Have you tried Jeke? That's a solid tobacco, compared to Baque. Baque is Christmas in a bottle, and on a semi-sweet side.

Castingshadows

Apr 14, 2020
Have you tried Jeke? That's a solid tobacco, compared to Baque. Baque is Christmas in a bottle, and on a semi-sweet side.
I own both yes. But I disagree on your assessment. Jeke to me is more Christmas/Fall forward with all the clove and potpourri notes. Baque doesn’t have that association for me. Jeke is also one of my favorite tobaccos as well.

brothernature

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 22, 2020
Mond is up on eBay ($140) for anyone that wants it and the cost was a bit more prohibitive.

I think the seller is on the forums and has been dropping bottles cheap this week. :)

Latest News