Slumberhouse Discussion

james1051

Jul 23, 2013
My interest is piqued in a tweaked Jeke. For years I was back and forth between it and Baque being my favorite from the house, but it's pretty clear that Jeke is the one. Unfortunately I found the tweaks in the 2019 version, however small they were in terms of the formula, to make a large difference in how it smells to me. A difference in a negative direction, like a sledgehammer of ragged, plummy tobacco absolute with almost none of the burning leaves and cozy nuance that Jeke has in its sharpie cube bottle, or even the flasks.

I'm somewhere between cautiously optimistic and squint-eyed Fry skeptical about this clear-ish colored version. And clear Ore? Is this another Red Grev herring?

Couldn't have summed up my thoughts on it better. Fjerne smells fantastic, it is interesting and subtle with some fun twists and turns and occupies a space somewhere between the "resinous farmhouse scents" and less dense ones like Pear + Olive, Grev, and New Sibet.

But Fjerne is also somehow monolithic after a few hours, and lasts for damn near ever on clothes - over the past two years maybe, I've become increasingly annoyed when, after spraying my hand with something and wearing a hoodie, two washes later the cuff still smells of it. I used to get a kick out of that, now it bothers me.
Yeah Fjerne does not like to exit the stage. Great but it can wear you out

thrilledchilled

All Is Beautiful
Basenotes Plus
Nov 17, 2018
I have all the recent releases except Fjerne which doesn’t seem like it would be up my alley. I love Jeke, Norne, Norne oil, etc. The only ones I don’t like are Ore and I’d on’t have that one.

Sixes and Sevens and Grev are completely brilliant and outlandishly original.

Last edited:

Castingshadows

Apr 14, 2020
I’m really excited about the new Ore and Jeke with Jeke being my absolute favorite Slumberhouse and really just best tobacco all around. A rum soaked version might be awesome.

JonoBorneo

Jan 30, 2019
You could look into a forwarding service. You basically make an account with them; they give you a US address to use, and then charge you every time you want to ship something to yourself. What’s nice is, you can consolidate shipments...so say, you want to purchase two perfumes from two different sources...you can consolidate them into one box and have them forwarded. My gut is that they’ll change considerably less than $95 as well..

naylor

Oct 24, 2011
You could look into a forwarding service. You basically make an account with them; they give you a US address to use, and then charge you every time you want to ship something to yourself. What’s nice is, you can consolidate shipments...so say, you want to purchase two perfumes from two different sources...you can consolidate them into one box and have them forwarded. My gut is that they’ll change considerably less than $95 as well..
These services do work well in my experience. I have one set up in the UK to ship to me in the US, since it's difficult to get perfumes shipped from there. You just need to ensure that they're capable of shipping perfumes since they need to be handled as dangerous goods.

mszigetihu

Jan 13, 2011
I’m really excited about the new Ore and Jeke with Jeke being my absolute favorite Slumberhouse and really just best tobacco all around. A rum soaked version might be awesome.

I live in EU and i bought most of my bottles from EU Facebook groups and also from Lulua. But Lulua barely gets anything for the last 2 years. Regarding Mond, i stopped waiting and ordered if from Luckyscent, but the shipping cost and import tax hurt a lot. There's no easy way to get them. Fortunately, new releases are not so frequent, so i will order Throes and AF right away from Luckyscent if they ever come. Lulua just doesn't seem like an option anymore.

mszigetihu

Jan 13, 2011
in most cases the shipping cost is 25-45$, which is ok

The shipping was $55 for me and the import tax is another $40. Never tried any forwarding services, but i'll give it a try for the next orders.

And the import tax was only $40, because they declared the value at a $100. With the original value it would have been around a $100. It's insane.

Robin oud

Jan 20, 2019
The shipping was $55 for me and the import tax is another $40. Never tried any forwarding services, but i'll give it a try for the next orders.

And the import tax was only $40, because they declared the value at a $100. With the original value it would have been around a $100. It's insane.
for israel the shipping cost from luckscent is 95$

Mak-7

Sep 19, 2019
Why dont you guys create a european group by interest: slumberhouse or any other house, and order multiple in one package, and then cost split?

Dr B1414

Oct 21, 2019
I just realized. Josh has never done an Immortelle-centered composition.
That's strange when I think about it. He praised and mentioned two of the most iconic Immortelle-themed perfumes as being a source of inspiration for him or among his all-time favorites, specifically, Sables by Goutal and El Attarine by Lutens. Moreover, Immortelle is definitely a "flower" that screams Fall, dead nature, warmth, sweetness, things that Josh likes and featured repeatedly in so many of his Fall-themed perfume compositions. And now that I think about it, he never did a perfume centered around it. How I wish that he'll consider the idea. Immortelle is one of my favorite "flowers". It always makes me think of Fall, death, warmth, gloom, and embers. It is really an interesting and complex ingredient that showcases so many contradictory facets.

Last edited:

God

Dec 24, 2014
It's pictured in a 50ml bottle in the Instagram post, so I'd guess the price will be $260, same as the Mond 50ml.

I wonder if there will be enough for samples like recently with Mond. Or else that would be about $850 to blind buy all 3 new reformulations. And right after Christmas!

naylor

Oct 24, 2011
I just realized. Josh has never done an Immortelle-centered composition.
That's strange when I think about it. He praised and mentioned two of the most iconic Immortelle-themed perfumes as being a source of inspiration for him or among his all-time favorites, specifically, Sables by Goutal and El Attarine by Lutens. Moreover, Immortelle is definitely a "flower" that screams Fall, dead nature, warmth, sweetness, things that Josh likes and featured repeatedly in so many of his Fall-themed perfume compositions. And now that I think about it, he never did a perfume centered around it. How I wish that he'll consider the idea. Immortelle is one of my favorite "flowers". It always makes me think of Fall, death, warmth, gloom, and embers. It is really an interesting and complex ingredient that showcases so many contradictory facets.
Kere was quite heavy on immortelle...

james1051

Jul 23, 2013
Luckyscent has it listed @300

Thanks. Shown as already s/o? thats discouraging:cry:

The LS description is interesting. I didn't get any lavender or castoreum off of the first one, although there is what I read as a white musk prominent.

strifeknot

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Mar 28, 2008
Did it actually sell out? It could be that the sale hasn't gone live and that message is a placeholder. If not, I'd like to hear from anyone who was able to order a bottle.

Mak-7

Sep 19, 2019
It was right after insta post. Ud search slumberhouse and it was there as pre order, but then pre order closed and it disappeared.
Personally enjoy original Fjerne and dont see more amber/honey centered version as superior.

Last edited:

Castingshadows

Apr 14, 2020
I almost bought the preorder but decided to hold off until I got paid. It was definitely live and available it said something like “ships after January 20th”

It was up for at least a few hours.

muzzbait

Jul 9, 2015
I'm in Australia, and a fellow Slumberfan messaged me asking if I was getting it, but as luck would have it, I was on holidays and didn't see the message in time.
Just my loose piecing together of events here, but it looks like it sold out in around 8 hours according to the timing of the messages my friend got. At 2 pm or so I got the first message (asking if I wanted to split postage), the second message about 3 or 4 hours later saying he couldn't wait, and went ahead without me, and then another about 5 hours later saying how happy he was he went ahead and bought as if was all sold out.
This is all second/third hand, though. Make of that what you will...

Paddington

Marmalade Sandwich Eater
Basenotes Plus
Jun 17, 2021
I'm in Australia, and a fellow Slumberfan messaged me asking if I was getting it, but as luck would have it, I was on holidays and didn't see the message in time.
Just my loose piecing together of events here, but it looks like it sold out in around 8 hours according to the timing of the messages me friend got. At 2 pm or so I got the first message (asking if I wanted to split postage), the second message about 3 or 4 hours later saying he couldn't wait, and went ahead without me, and then another about 5 hours later saying how happy he was he went ahead and bought as if was all sold out.
This is all second/third hand, though. Make of that what you will...
some what similar friend of mine told me it was live i saw it in stock and it went oos after a few hours which was obviously going to happen though that particular scent didn't seem to interest me combined with 95 dollar shipping

Latest News