Slumberhouse Discussion

muzzbait

Jul 9, 2015
Than where did brothernature get the link? Maybe it’s sold out? Anyone here get a bottle of Norne oil from LS today?
It's probably best we don't discuss how he got the link! I guess it's just a good sign that there is Norne oil for people to enjoy...
I imagine this is the early July shipment that they mentioned a few months ago...

brothernature

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 22, 2020
It's probably best we don't discuss how he got the link! I guess it's just a good sign that there is Norne oil for people to enjoy...
I imagine this is the early July shipment that they mentioned a few months ago...
Haha true that!

But just search “Norne oil Luckyscent” in Google.

Theholyfilament

Jul 4, 2014
Welp,
Looks like the Norne oil back order option may have been too good to be true :/

Emailed luckyscent after placing my order and they got back to me today, sort of:
“We oversold - the product was left on accidentally over the weekend, and I’m pretty sure we don’t have any left. I’ll let you know , we are still going thru orders. Sorry about the inconvenience.

best,
franco”

muzzbait

Jul 9, 2015
OMG Twisted Lily did the same thing a few years ago when they 'accidentally' relisted Slumberhouse and Apoteker Tepe scents that weren't actually available at all.
Nonetheless, what a kick in the guts that is when you get your hopes up...

SubUmbra

Jul 9, 2018
Wore more sprays of Fjerne today than I normally would, and I'm finding there's a cherry-cocoa nuance to it when applied liberally that I didn't pick up on with more conservative sprays. This is likely a trick of the materials, but interesting nonetheless.

Separately: we're right on the cusp of when Josh said he'd send an update re: Red Grev. Looking forward to learning more!

mszigetihu

Jan 13, 2011
There was a post on Insta during the Basenotes maintanence and Josh mentioned in the comments that he will discontinue one or more scents because of the lack of materials. To me it sounds like those were rare materials and it' not about stock shortage/covid/etc., so will probably be gone for good?

Mak-7

Sep 19, 2019
There was a post on Insta during the Basenotes maintanence and Josh mentioned in the comments that he will discontinue one or more scents because of the lack of materials. To me it sounds like those were rare materials and it' not about stock shortage/covid/etc., so will probably be gone for good?
Which ones?

I'm Nic

Apr 4, 2014
Yes, i remember this one, but i dont recall him saying that he'll cut any others out.

Josh wrote this as part of an answer to a question regarding updates on new releases this winter in his latest IG post a week or so ago.

Josh: "Good news coming, but also bad (a forced discontinuation that’s going to upset a lot of people)"
Poster: "another discontinuation? Other than Norne, you mean???"
Josh: "sadly. Covid has constricted production for the few extractors who produced some of these rare materials used in it. Been trying for 4 months to procure any way possible. No chance. Two key materials gone. Reform impossible. I plan on posting about it next week with more explanation"

muzzbait

Jul 9, 2015
Josh wrote this as part of an answer to a question regarding updates on new releases this winter in his latest IG post a week or so ago.

Josh: "Good news coming, but also bad (a forced discontinuation that’s going to upset a lot of people)"
Poster: "another discontinuation? Other than Norne, you mean???"
Josh: "sadly. Covid has constricted production for the few extractors who produced some of these rare materials used in it. Been trying for 4 months to procure any way possible. No chance. Two key materials gone. Reform impossible. I plan on posting about it next week with more explanation"
It won't be Ore, it's been upgraded.
It won't be Sova or Jeke, both have been spotted already at retailers.
It won't be Kiste (he's mentioned it's coming back).

We know that Norne isn't coming back, neither is Pear + Olive, and Grev may be shelved whilst Red Grev is here.
So far, no word on Baque, Sadanne or Sibet. I reckon it's one of these...

Mond, Aubergine Firs and Throes have been mooted, as well as Eki, but we haven't really seen these.
I guess time will tell...

solvovir

Aug 22, 2019
It won't be Ore, it's been upgraded.
It won't be Sova or Jeke, both have been spotted already at retailers.
It won't be Kiste (he's mentioned it's coming back).

We know that Norne isn't coming back, neither is Pear + Olive, and Grev may be shelved whilst Red Grev is here.
So far, no word on Baque, Sadanne or Sibet. I reckon it's one of these...

Mond, Aubergine Firs and Throes have been mooted, as well as Eki, but we haven't really seen these.
I guess time will tell...
fjerne had a brief restock at luckyscent so probably wont be that

muzzbait

Jul 9, 2015
Ever since he mentioned it, I’ve felt that it will be Norne, Fjerne and Baque.

I sure hope it’s not Baque, but just a gut feeling.
Fjerne was always limited edition. A friend got that directly from Josh himself when he enquired about it at Christmas last year. What we saw at retailers was probably stock that turned up after a while, much like with Sixes and Sevens a few years back among others.

Quietly, I'm hoping it's Sibet. That's the one scent I just do NOT get at all. Wet acrylic sweater. Bleugh.

brothernature

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 22, 2020
Fjerne was always limited edition. A friend got that directly from Josh himself when he enquired about it at Christmas last year. What we saw at retailers was probably stock that turned up after a while, much like with Sixes and Sevens a few years back among others.

Quietly, I'm hoping it's Sibet. That's the one scent I just do NOT get at all. Wet acrylic sweater. Bleugh.
Ah yeah, it was a limited release, just meant that now that Luckyscent sold that last batch, it's gone-gone. Fumerie had their sale a few weeks back as well. Yeah, agree that it's exactly like Sixes & Sevens.

Oh man, I love New Sibet, haha. I love orris, but I can understand how people don't like it... minty goat scent for me!

Proust_Madeleine

Apr 5, 2019
Ah yeah, it was a limited release, just meant that now that Luckyscent sold that last batch, it's gone-gone. Fumerie had their sale a few weeks back as well. Yeah, agree that it's exactly like Sixes & Sevens.

Oh man, I love New Sibet, haha. I love orris, but I can understand how people don't like it... minty goat scent for me!
New Sibet is literally my fav from the house. So good.

solvovir

Aug 22, 2019

I think you are 100% correct on fjerne but I will say this: I bought the original release of fjerne directly from Josh and it was terrible. It had that overwhelming weird clay note that was stronger than any other note in the the entire composition. It smelled like coconut and weird clay note (which I believe coconut was not even in the note breakdown.) thats it. it was so bad i traded it away. Brother Nature actually ended up with that bottle.
Fast forward to today, I decided to give it another shot when I saw luckyscent got a few in stock and it smells like a completely different fragrance. I am getting many more notes and little to no weird clay note. If it is from the same batch from the bottle I originally got then I can not understand how they smell so different. this new bottle I actually enjoy.
Brother Nature have to gotten a chance to try that 30ml bottle of fjerne?

brothernature

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 22, 2020
I think you are 100% correct on fjerne but I will say this: I bought the original release of fjerne directly from Josh and it was terrible. It had that overwhelming weird clay note that was stronger than any other note in the the entire composition. It smelled like coconut and weird clay note (which I believe coconut was not even in the note breakdown.) thats it. it was so bad i traded it away. Brother Nature actually ended up with that bottle.
Fast forward to today, I decided to give it another shot when I saw luckyscent got a few in stock and it smells like a completely different fragrance. I am getting many more notes and little to no weird clay note. If it is from the same batch from the bottle I originally got then I can not understand how they smell so different. this new bottle I actually enjoy.
Brother Nature have to gotten a chance to try that 30ml bottle of fjerne?
I got a clay note from the black cap bottle I nabbed from a friend, but not from bottle we swapped...

Your bottle was all coconut to me, and yes you are correct, there is no coconut listed in the official note breakdown that Josh posted on his website. I read that the fragrance might contain coconut CO2, but at this stage, who really knows?

I get coconut from my 100ml bottles though, but it's more of a green coconut as opposed to a pastry style coconut (macaron). I honestly feel Fjerne went through a lot of work since the initial release.

Froom "goodbye, goodbye, goodbye" to what is even in these bottles!?

I do like Fjerne a LOT. :D

iverthps

Apr 1, 2011
I do like Fjerne a LOT. :D

It’s my third-favorite Slumberhouse behind Grev and S&S, and I’m about midway through my first of three bottles. The scent is (in layman’s terms) “light coconut Ore” to me, so I’m surprised that Josh doesn’t reference coconut as a note in his details because I have no earthly idea what else it could be.

Patiently waiting for red Grev, though I’m not a fan of Josh’s humility about the release; this is going to sell out immediately, so let’s not pretend otherwise and instead just release more upfront!

brothernature

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 22, 2020
It’s my third-favorite Slumberhouse behind Grev and S&S, and I’m about midway through my first of three bottles. The scent is (in layman’s terms) “light coconut Ore” to me, so I’m surprised that Josh doesn’t reference coconut as a note in his details because I have no earthly idea what else it could be.

Patiently waiting for red Grev, though I’m not a fan of Josh’s humility about the release; this is going to sell out immediately, so let’s not pretend otherwise and instead just release more upfront!
I do think the coconut accord is due to the buckwheat and sandalwood blending. I can see some resemblance to Ore as a pleasing chocolatey scent, albeit Fjerne is def white chocolate.

Agreeeed, haha. It will sell out immediately. I am hoping that a couple of 100ml bottles hit his personal website like Fjerne did.

Latest News