Slumberhouse Discussion

brothernature

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 22, 2020
I remember reading that Josh actually kept a sizable amount of the original batch of S&S for himself so although it's not on the market, it does still exist and could be brought out again.

There is a nail polish Sixes and Sevens bottle that was sold to an older collector - same guy who got the New Sibet oil. Peanut butter JELLY time!

Scent Detective

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 15, 2015
Who know when it would see the light (last time I said it, Fjerne was relaunched! So trying)
He just keeps on talking about something or the other lately Eki, Red Grev ( same like last year mond and firs)

Let's just don't think about it and it would come up

Hey, if that will work, then I'm not thinking about Red Grev, Mond, or Aubergine Firs!:lolk:

jholder

Jan 6, 2013
Yes, he mentioned it being his favorite. Although i'm pretty sure he said the same thing about a few of his creations lol

It's not my favorite of his, but I sincerely think it's the best work he's ever done (and not by just a little bit either).

Edit: for context, Sixes and Sevens

Mar 21, 2013
I haven't kept up to date with Slumberhouse for a few years. Is there a lighter scent/ non-resinous one that he has done recently like Grev? I still like wearing that one. The only other bottle I have left is a 50ml bottle of Vikt. I love it, but it's too warm here to wear that evil green juice. I might get rid of that for another that I can wear more often.

rynegne

Jul 25, 2012
Fjerne is probably a good bet. It's not nearly as heavy/resinous as the main line of fragrances. Fjerne is a honey-wheat-tonka-sandalwood scent that I wouldn't think twice to wear in warmer months. For me it conjures images of early fall, warm autumn days...just like the one we're experiencing here today...cool dewy mornings, warm afternoons and chilly nights. Best time of the year!

I haven't kept up to date with Slumberhouse for a few years. Is there a lighter scent/ non-resinous one that he has done recently like Grev? I still like wearing that one. The only other bottle I have left is a 50ml bottle of Vikt. I love it, but it's too warm here to wear that evil green juice. I might get rid of that for another that I can wear more often.

avrora

Jul 29, 2020
Fjerne is probably a good bet. It's not nearly as heavy/resinous as the main line of fragrances. Fjerne is a honey-wheat-tonka-sandalwood scent that I wouldn't think twice to wear in warmer months. For me it conjures images of early fall, warm autumn days...just like the one we're experiencing here today...cool dewy mornings, warm afternoons and chilly nights. Best time of the year!

+1! Fjerne is probably his most easily worn/all-weather release of all time.

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020

+1! Fjerne is probably his most easily worn/all-weather release of all time.

:tekst-toppie:

rynegne

Jul 25, 2012
Well, now that we're back...new post from Slumberhouse during the basenotes hiatus. Red Grev will apparently be released in October or as soon as a shipment arrives in Josh's hands. This was of course posted to Instagram. Also, Josh is said to be bringing back the old email list to help keep non-instagram users informed.

Shadowartisttxl

Mar 25, 2016
Getting close. I'm more than ready for Red Grev. I mean the description... "‘the other side’ of Grev, replacing the cooling/mint/mineral notes with darker autumnal red notes (dead leaves, goji, cinnamon, amaretto, etc), a nice October birch spice faux-gere."
I agree - I'm hyped. I wish he was releasing the original Grev as well, I meant to buy a bottle this time around...

brothernature

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 22, 2020
Getting close. I'm more than ready for Red Grev. I mean the description... "‘the other side’ of Grev, replacing the cooling/mint/mineral notes with darker autumnal red notes (dead leaves, goji, cinnamon, amaretto, etc), a nice October birch spice faux-gere."
Hopefully with additional goodies still to drop... :)

james1051

Jul 23, 2013
Last time I looked, there was only a single webpage at slumberhouse.com. Will he add pages when he posts new juice for sale, or is he dealing strictly through third party merchants these days?
Needing a slumberhouse re-up.

brothernature

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 22, 2020
Last time I looked, there was only a single webpage at slumberhouse.com. Will he add pages when he posts new juice for sale, or is he dealing strictly through third party merchants these days?
Needing a slumberhouse re-up.
Fumerie has Sova and Jeke in stock.

LS and Fumerie should have the new Grev in stock by mid-October (furiously knocks on wood).

Last edited:

muzzbait

Jul 9, 2015
I believe you are up to something… 🙃
Come on, man.
Do I have to remind you where I am? And how hard it is to get stuff here in Australia? Seriously...if I was stateside (or people were willing to send things out here) my collection would be similar to yours...
But anyway, we're all up to something. Even you.

brothernature

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 22, 2020
Come on, man.
Do I have to remind you where I am? And how hard it is to get stuff here in Australia? Seriously...if I was stateside (or people were willing to send things out here) my collection would be similar to yours...
But anyway, we're all up to something. Even you.
All I meant was that you’re observations might be correct, nothing more. A lot of different stock in different places.

I apologize if it sounded like I was saying something else.

muzzbait

Jul 9, 2015
All I meant was that you’re observations might be correct, nothing more. A lot of different stock in different places.

I apologize if it sounded like I was saying something else.
ah man -- now I get ya! For what it's worth, I didn't think you were implying anything, humorous or otherwise. I was just taking the piss, myself.
and yeah, it's not exactly 'suspicious' or anything, but it is remarkable. Fumerie has 2 things, Lucky Scent has 2 other things. No word from Josh about "XYZ has ABC available".
Interesting times indeed...

brothernature

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 22, 2020
ah man -- now I get ya! For what it's worth, I didn't think you were implying anything, humorous or otherwise. I was just taking the piss, myself.
and yeah, it's not exactly 'suspicious' or anything, but it is remarkable. Fumerie has 2 things, Lucky Scent has 2 other things. No word from Josh about "XYZ has ABC available".
Interesting times indeed...
Just making sure haha

Oh yeah, it’s finally going to happen, I can’t wait. Grev + something else would make the last two years worthwhile.

Seems we have been waiting for a decade for Mond-Aubergine, then Rume (lol) and Vikt (LOL)…

Light at the end of the tunnel!

muzzbait

Jul 9, 2015
ha! I wouldn't go that far, homes.
I would be happy with Grev and possibly 1 more release. Possibly the upgraded Ore or something similar.
There's a bit of news to chew through, too.
Another discontinued scent.
Prices going up to $220 as well.
Hopefully all these things come to fruition (except the price rise!)...

Latest News