Slumberhouse Discussion

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
Highly recommend to try it out if you can. It’s strange, dry, sweet, milky, woody, herbal, dusty… for me the comparison to Ore wasn’t to the chocolate but all the undertones of it. There’s something about Fjerne that makes me keep coming back to it, it’s an odd, beautiful scent that I just can’t get enough of.

I feel similarly. It's amazing!

mustardsalad

Jan 27, 2016
Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 1.58.22 PM.jpg

^ Luckyscent still hasn't fixed this issue - either that, or by the time the email comes, their stock of whatever scent of SlumberForANanoSecondAndYouLoseHouse you wanted is already sold out.

Scent Detective

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 15, 2015
So, i've been wearing Fjerne since yesterday and it's still going strong on my shirt. Smells amazing! One thing I wanted to mention is that I definitely get a nice conifer/pine note when I first spray it on. It's a ghost pine note but I do pick it up briefly and then Fjerne moves into it's baking sweet bread/dough phase with woody notes and white chocolate notes as well. One of my favorites from Josh if I'm being honest. My wife on the other hand has a melt down when I wear Fjerne. She says it makes her feel like she can't breath, so I've taken to spraying it on my chest, under my shirt, which allows me to enjoy it and cuts back on her complaints about it. I definitely don't understand what she doesn't like about it, because it is absolutely marvelous in my opinion.

Proust_Madeleine

Apr 5, 2019
So, i've been wearing Fjerne since yesterday and it's still going strong on my shirt. Smells amazing! One thing I wanted to mention is that I definitely get a nice conifer/pine note when I first spray it on. It's a ghost pine note but I do pick it up briefly and then Fjerne moves into it's baking sweet bread/dough phase with woody notes and white chocolate notes as well. One of my favorites from Josh if I'm being honest. My wife on the other hand has a melt down when I wear Fjerne. She says it makes her feel like she can't breath, so I've taken to spraying it on my chest, under my shirt, which allows me to enjoy it and cuts back on her complaints about it. I definitely don't understand what she doesn't like about it, because it is absolutely marvelous in my opinion.

Dude, I could’ve written this post. I loved Fjerne but had to let it go for the missus. She would shout, “no more pancakes” when I put it on at night.

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
I had Fjerne in my cart while Fumerie still had it in stock, but removed it and ordered the Jeke instead. Hope this Jeke isn't so bad either.

mszigetihu

Jan 13, 2011
Josh posted some of the fragrances he wears, it's weird to see that he uses "regular" stuff (don't know what i was thinking, lol).

Le Lion de Chanel
Musc Ravageur
Tauer Le Maroc Pour Elle
Tom Ford Santal Blush
Serge Santal de Mysore, Un Bois Sepia
Guerlain Cuir Beluga, Tonka Imperiale, Spiritueuse Double Vanille
And a lot of Parfumerie Generale

Dr B1414

Oct 21, 2019
Josh posted some of the fragrances he wears, it's weird to see that he uses "regular" stuff (don't know what i was thinking, lol).

Le Lion de Chanel
Musc Ravageur
Tauer Le Maroc Pour Elle
Tom Ford Santal Blush

Don't know if I could classify old-school Serge L bell jars as "regular stuff" though. Tubereuse Criminelle, Iris Silver Mist, Santal de Mysore, and many others. Actually, to me, Serge Lutens was always an outsider, never really seen the house as niche. More like experimental niche. I think people only get to smell the regular ones from the export line and think that's about it. But the real gems are found in those hard to sample bell jars and the old pre-reform stuff. I can definitely see a lot of Josh's work being inspired by Serge Lutens. A lot. I think I've read somewhere that Sheldrake was his greatest inspiration as a parfumeur. So many outstanding perfumes in their line. Now I need to check out Parfumerie Generale.

Dr B1414

Oct 21, 2019
Heads up Dr. B in case you don’t know: Parfumerie Generale now just goes by the perfumer’s name, Pierre Guillaume. I’ve written a lot about PG lately so it was really fantastic to see him name dropped by Josh. It makes sense to me.

Thanks. I've noticed they changed the name. I really like Josh's aesthetics regarding his own creations as well as his evident appreciation for Serge Lutens perfumes. That's why I'm now curious about exploring the house. If he likes it that much, it might be something there to look for.

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020

Le Lion de Chanel
Musc Ravageur
Tauer Le Maroc Pour Elle
Tom Ford Santal Blush

Interesting! Thanks for sharing here.

Jcelello

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Mar 26, 2019
Wore Norne Oil for the first time. This is definitely my preferred version of Norne. The extraits, which I’ve tried in marble bottle, flask, and newest presentation, always felt too one dimensional to varying degrees. I found myself wearing it literally once a year -when cutting down our family Christmas tree. This oil version is way more complex. It feels like a proper fragrance. The sandalwood is an especially nice touch. Longevity is great, but projection is lower than I’d prefer, though this is expected given the concentration and it is on par with the current Extrait IMO.

SubUmbra

Jul 9, 2018
Pierre G. I have all the Serge that I wanted already :))). Possibly my favorite house overall and the one from which I own the most perfume bottles.

I recommend Animal Mondain, it's a dark perfume that feels like its been baked in the sun all day. Many in the PG line feel like that; less "three dimensional" and more like a concentrated, patina'd version of themselves. There's a certain precision in PG perfumes that I admire. It feels like he only includes the elements he is absolutely sure he needs in his compositions.

I also really admire Coze, Solsekia, and especially Noir Okoume, which is the most "Slumberesque" in his line that I've tried thus far.

Mak-7

Sep 19, 2019
Jeez, bidders are savages. Within few minutes already at 350.
Wouldnt it make more sense to not bid large sums at first not to get price into stratosphere?

muzzbait

Jul 9, 2015
OMG at $410 within 24 hours?!?!?!
Let's be honest, it was always gonna sell for $500+, it's just a bit disappointing that the bidding happened so early...

For anyone who might be interested, I think the vendor is well-known character around basenotes.
If anyone has ever put up an ISO post in the marketplace forum, almost certainly you will know this shadow-lurking gentleman. He would have messaged you and led you along for a few weeks...
He has a seven-year-old's grasp of typing and spelling, and presents as if English is NOT his native language.
I'm sure this ebay vendor is this guy.

Shadowartisttxl

Mar 25, 2016
OMG at $410 within 24 hours?!?!?!
Let's be honest, it was always gonna sell for $500+, it's just a bit disappointing that the bidding happened so early...

For anyone who might be interested, I think the vendor is well-known character around basenotes.
If anyone has ever put up an ISO post in the marketplace forum, almost certainly you will know this shadow-lurking gentleman. He would have messaged you and led you along for a few weeks...
He has a seven-year-old's grasp of typing and spelling, and presents as if English is NOT his native language.
I'm sure this ebay vendor is this guy.
I think I know exactly who you’re talking about. LOL

IsoESuperman

People of Zee Wurl, Relax
Basenotes Plus
Dec 30, 2015
I think I know exactly who you’re talking about. LOL

He’s problematic. And not in an endearing Bo Burnham way either. I think dozens of people here have had the displeasure. On a totally unrelated note, recording artist Jan Magne Förde has an album titled Enough of that Jazz.

I hope before anyone bid, they noticed the zero feedback and basically brand new account.

Latest News