Slumberhouse Discussion

SubUmbra

Jul 9, 2018
Alright, I know everyone's thinking it and I'm just going to say it...another delay...:huh:

Seriously though...hopefully it's just until next week.

I did have a chuckle at the extent of his self-awareness in that post, though.

"I'm a confused toddler whose brain is only semi-functional and my ability to stick to a timeline is 100% unreliable."
-- Your words not mine, Josh! haha. Wish him well, I'm sure it's stressful.

Proust_Madeleine

Apr 5, 2019
I did have a chuckle at the extent of his self-awareness in that post, though.

"I'm a confused toddler whose brain is only semi-functional and my ability to stick to a timeline is 100% unreliable."
-- Your words not mine, Josh! haha. Wish him well, I'm sure it's stressful.

I have to say I really loved this post. I went from liking the guys work to becoming a real fan with that one post. Like, in the past it was easy to think that Josh was too cool for school, disappearing mysteriously after not releasing the newly teased perfumes. Etc. But seeing Josh just let out his frustrations and be clear and transparent (and he obviously CARES)... i just think it’s awesome.

strifeknot

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Mar 28, 2008
He described my brain. I have absolutely no sense of time, can't multitask, and miss deadlines. Can't even remember the birth dates of my closest relatives.

mustardsalad

Jan 27, 2016
I’ll definitely be watching Luckyscent & Josh’s IG feed today-Thursday. I hope Josh is able to give another quick IG update before Luckyscent opens sales.

Would it kill Josh to maintain some sort of email newsletter where he communicates these things to people via email who want to subscribe to this sort of news, instead of relying on people who have Instagram accounts? Kinda ridiculous the rest of us are relying on Instagram screenshots.

ultravisitor

Nov 4, 2014
Would it kill Josh to maintain some sort of email newsletter where he communicates these things to people via email who want to subscribe to this sort of news, instead of relying on people who have Instagram accounts? Kinda ridiculous the rest of us are relying on Instagram screenshots.

So...you want him to try to do more work when it's clear he's already struggling to keep up with what he's currently doing?

Hmm. Makes sense.

mszigetihu

Jan 13, 2011
So...you want him to try to do more work when it's clear he's already struggling to keep up with what he's currently doing?

Hmm. Makes sense.

I find it hard to believe that he's actually struggling to keep up, more like just a totally unreliable person in general. And saying this as a Slumberhouse fan, based on years of updates (more like no updates) from him.

solvovir

Aug 22, 2019
I find it hard to believe that he's actually struggling to keep up, more like just a totally unreliable person in general. And saying this as a Slumberhouse fan, based on years of updates (more like no updates) from him.

this 100%. go back through his IG Feed and read comments about him releasing a new perfume only to never see come to daylight. aubergine firs, mond, throes, a new batch of zahd, kote, Victorialand.....never happened. i don't believe anything will get released until I am able to add it to a cart and pay for it. not trying to bash Josh, I know nothing about his personal life. just saying we're all use to Josh's one man operation.

Last edited:

Jcelello

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Mar 26, 2019
More annoying than Josh's difficulty following through on his professional teases is the exact same fight that it inevitably spawns in this thread.

You read my mind my friend.

Fougere Norne sounds cool. I haven’t bought an artisanal perfume in a long time, specifically because of the limited release, fomo marketing, hype-train BS that a lot of these brands employ (by design or otherwise) causing me too much unneeded stress in the past. That said, I wouldn’t mind trying this one out at some point.

Jun 28, 2020
More annoying than Josh's difficulty following through on his professional teases is the exact same fight that it inevitably spawns in this thread.

+1
You're not permitted to do this.
Please refrain from being pissed off.

In other news, we atleast have visual proof that he's bottled these Norne oils and they are ready to be shipped.
Tomorrow and Thursday will be pivotal. Whether or not this goes ahead will depend on if Josh has been able to follow his latest promise, but don't expect anything to much he's already deleted that post

WetInk

Jun 7, 2021
As someone who has quietly read along for a while I'll agree: the "discussion" of Lobb's flakiness isn't a discussion, it's just griping. We all know his promises are about as believable as a Kanye West album release dates. Some have a problem with it, others don't, and it's quite likely neither will change the others mind - nor do they need to, because it contributes nothing of value and simply clogs the thread.

Eilenberg

Apr 10, 2021
And no one is saying otherwise; however, I do think calling the repetitious arguing a discussion is a disservice to discussions.

You can call a big chunk of the content in these threads repetitious. That's the nature of forums with 181-pages-long threads. I think the best way for it to stop is for Josh to step up the way he conducts his business. I believe that amount of "fights" or "arguing" reflects proportionally the dissatisfaction and overall it does a great service for new people looking to get an all-around understanding of the brand, who are unlikely to read all 181 pages of this thread, to get a balanced view and perhaps save some nerves/disappointment.

ultravisitor

Nov 4, 2014
I think the best way for it to stop is for Josh to step up the way he conducts his business.

Here's the thing: many of the people who continue to gripe know very well how he conducts his business. Since they are aware of this and have been for some time, then I don't think it's unreasonable for any of them to examine their own thinking and expectations. If someone knows how he operates and is continually upset, then maybe that person should also consider how their own thinking and entitlement are contributing to their own disappointment time and time again.

If it's clear from history that Josh Lobb is not going to change, then if some of his fans don't want to continually be disappointed, then maybe they should change. We are all responsible for our own decisions and emotions.

Shadowartisttxl

Mar 25, 2016
You can call a big chunk of the content in these threads repetitious. That's the nature of forums with 181-pages-long threads. I think the best way for it to stop is for Josh to step up the way he conducts his business. I believe that amount of "fights" or "arguing" reflects proportionally the dissatisfaction and overall it does a great service for new people looking to get an all-around understanding of the brand, who are unlikely to read all 181 pages of this thread, to get a balanced view and perhaps save some nerves/disappointment.

I can appreciate the 'sheer size' of the anger being itself like an agreement upon scent for example. 'Norne has douglas fir in it.' If Josh didn't provide this info, an agreement would be useful here. However, if that was all that was being added, posts that said 'I believe Norne has douglas fir in it' that would in fact be repetitious and I would say that it is a waste of time and energy and would unnecessarily bloat the thread.

I would also say that it is an exaggeration to imagine a newbie would have to read 181 pages of this thread to get a solid view about the unreliability of Josh's teasing. One could simply comment about a new release, and there is no doubt that they would get tons of Reponses telling them not to get their hopes up. Consequently one could pick almost any random five pages in the thread and would more than likely hear about it.

Ultimately it doesn't look like Josh is going to change his practice, and besides I would rather have him in the world of perfumery rather than have him tap out because trying to be something he is not making it not worth it for him. So arguing about this is, as WetInk said above revealing what we already know 'Some have a problem with it, others don't, and it's quite likely neither will change the others mind - nor do they need to, because it contributes nothing of value and simply clogs the thread.'

Here's the thing: many of the people who continue to gripe know very well how he conducts his business. Since they are aware of this and have been for some time, then I don't think it's unreasonable for any of them to examine their own thinking and expectations. If someone knows how he operates and is continually upset, then maybe that person should also consider how their own thinking and entitlement are contributing to their own disappointment time and time again.

If it's clear from history that Josh Lobb is not going to change, then if some of his fans don't want to continually be disappointed, then maybe they should change. We are all responsible for our own decisions and emotions.

+1
Hear, hear!

mrmorel

Aug 2, 2018
Only 46 remain in the Luckyscent count as I write this. It comes up with an interesting note:

"Only 46 of these items are currently in stock. Sold out: Final batch release expected early July Please adjust quantity to prevent shipping delays."

Not sure if that means this is just the first drop and another to come...

... and down to 44 in the time it took me to write this!

strifeknot

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Mar 28, 2008
This is an amazing twist on Norne. It's one of the greenest things I've ever smelled; the spikenard works with the fir to make the scent extra sharp and coniferous. Would be nice for future batches of the extrait to be based on this, even if it means a higher price.

Latest News