Slumberhouse 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayDough

Sep 30, 2018
Merry Christmas And Happy New Year to all!
With Josh back in active business with his delectable creations, what are you all most looking forward to trying, buying in the new year?
There are some stuck in shipping still I believe, and Josh has promised new/reinvigorated creations to be available,...eventually.
After receiving a sample from a friend, I purchased a FB SOVA. Just waiting on delivery. What a unique scent!

Proust_Madeleine

Apr 5, 2019
Just stoked to see what comes! Josh has been pretty consistently great. I think he’s kind of like Phil Spector with his Wall of Sound scents.

I was thinking 100ml bottles would be around for holiday shopping. Those will maybe come next?

Would love to see 6s & 7s come back but we’ve already been told it won’t.

Ponyboi

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 28, 2018
I’d love to see vikt return in the upcoming year. Anything new would most definitely be exciting.

Tonyprince

Jan 1, 2007
I'm responding to this thread in two ways, both of which are equally sincere.

The 1st way: I'd like to see the return of Vikt and Mare so that other people who haven't smelled them can get their noses on these amazing creations. Also, the debut of new fragrances that explore great new olfactory sensations in unexpected ways, like the ones Josh has sent Instagrams (now deleted) about this past year that we would all love to smell.

The 2nd way: Why are we all spending so much time talking about a perfumer who hasn't produced much worthy of note in the past few years when there are so many other active perfumers we could be focusing our attention on?

SubUmbra

Jul 9, 2018

The 1st way: I'd like to see the return of Vikt and Mare so that other people who haven't smelled them can get their noses on these amazing creations. Also, the debut of new fragrances that explore great new olfactory sensations in unexpected ways, like the ones Josh has sent Instagrams (now deleted) about this past year that we would all love to smell.

The 2nd way: Why are we all spending so much time talking about a perfumer who hasn't produced much worthy of note in the past few years when there are so many other active perfumers we could be focusing our attention on?

Why not both?

Scent Detective

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 15, 2015

Because we all love so many of the amazing fragrances he’s made and we’re excited to try new ones because we anticipate that they will also be wonderful.

And, I agree that we should also concentrate on other amazing perfumers as well!:thumbsup:

PlayDough

Sep 30, 2018
Loving Brosse right now. I would love to see that come back for FB.
And there is something about 6’s&7’s that it reminds me of though I didn’t quite hit it off with a small sample of that one.

Last edited:

PlayDough

Sep 30, 2018
Quote Originally Posted by Fragrant Vagrant View Post
I'm still waiting on that Vetiver/Pumpkin number. I would also love a return of Rume.
^ This

Have yet to try Kote, but would like to one day.

These!
( plus Aubergine Firs)

And,
Mare comeback?
_____?

jholder

Jan 6, 2013

If their styles are somewhat slumberhouse-esque... who did you have in mind?

Tonyprince

Jan 1, 2007
If their styles are somewhat slumberhouse-esque... who did you have in mind?

I didn't say they were "somewhat slumberhouse-esque," but some examples that come immediately to mind are Pekji, MadHat, Soivohle, Olympic Orchids, Rogue, Kerosene, La Curie, Mikmoi. There are a lot of active perfumers out there!

jholder

Jan 6, 2013
I didn't say they were "somewhat slumberhouse-esque," but some examples that come immediately to mind are Pekji, MadHat, Soivohle, Olympic Orchids, Rogue, Kerosene, La Curie, Mikmoi. There are a lot of active perfumers out there!

Well you are in a thread entitled "Slumberhouse 2020", if they're not in the same vein as slumberhouse, then why put it here? :p

ultravisitor

Nov 4, 2014

If discussion of those houses is really your concern, then why are you here basically criticizing Slumberhouse discussion instead of boosting or creating threads for those houses?

Tonyprince

Jan 1, 2007
If discussion of those houses is really your concern, then why are you here basically criticizing Slumberhouse discussion instead of boosting or creating threads for those houses?

Wow, are you serious? I've commented all over the place about these other houses as well as being a big Slumberhouse fan myself! Okay, this is my final posting on this particular trollish thread upon which nothing of new interest or value has yet been posted.

PlayDough

Sep 30, 2018
This thread may have died, but I’ll try anyway: I ordered Sova from Josh through his website a month ago but haven’t received it. He wrote me two + weeks ago apologizing and said he’d ship right out.

Still nothing.

I’ve written him twice through website options ( @contact and @orders) and through IG.

Crickets.

Anyone have ideas or a better contact option?

U2u

Jul 26, 2014
This thread may have died, but I’ll try anyway: I ordered Sova from Josh through his website a month ago but haven’t received it. He wrote me two + weeks ago apologizing and said he’d ship right out.

Still nothing.

I’ve written him twice through website options ( @contact and @orders) and through IG.

Crickets.

Anyone have ideas or a better contact option?

I would stick to the main thread where relevant info has already been posted. Slumberhouse and patience go hand in hand.

SubUmbra

Jul 9, 2018
I would stick to the main thread where relevant info has already been posted. Slumberhouse and patience go hand in hand.

Patience is a good thing and something we all need more of, for sure. At the same time, I understand this anxiety, especially since the price of the investment is not insignificant.

PlayDough, I would reach out once more with a calm, yet maybe more emotional, appeal for an update from Josh.

PlayDough

Sep 30, 2018
“I would stick to the main thread where relevant info has already been posted. Slumberhouse and patience go hand in hand.“

Patience is a good thing and something we all need more of, for sure. At the same time, I understand this anxiety, especially since the price of the investment is not insignificant.

PlayDough, I would reach out once more with a calm, yet maybe more emotional, appeal for an update from Josh.

Thanks All. Besides the length of time from ordering, PLUS, he responded around Christmas apologizing and offering some complimentary items to be included, I feel I’m in a bit of a rabbit hole because A) relatively significant investment B) he reached out but then radio silence;C) radio silence coming on 7 weeks and I’m in the U.S.

This stuff is just really hard and takes the shine off. This is DEFCON level patience already.

Thanks for your replies!

rynegne

Jul 25, 2012
I couple weeks is a lot...a couple months is on another level. It's almost $200...not just "hey I owe you a few bucks." I wonder what's going on...typically he's very responsive.

“I would stick to the main thread where relevant info has already been posted. Slumberhouse and patience go hand in hand.“

Thanks All. Besides the length of time from ordering, PLUS, he responded around Christmas apologizing and offering some complimentary items to be included, I feel I’m in a bit of a rabbit hole because A) relatively significant investment B) he reached out but then radio silence;C) radio silence coming on 7 weeks and I’m in the U.S.

This stuff is just really hard and takes the shine off. This is DEFCON level patience already.

Thanks for your replies!

U2u

Jul 26, 2014

I had three shipments totalling five bottles of Slumberhouse in various states and lengths of delay in recent months... They all came through in the end. The other thread has spoken to issues and I have yet to hear of Josh not coming through. He might not run to schedule but he delivers. No money at risk in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News