SIXTEEN92 Discussion Thread

Blizzard

Jul 5, 2017
Has anyone received their resurrection order? I ordered Black Tourmaline along with The Raven, I reached out to them for clarification if it had been bottled or not as they weren't using the (B) marker for the earlier batches and and they never got back to me (was maybe a week or two ago).

I placed two resurrection orders - one on January 1 and the other on January 18. I have not received either order yet.

junior_surgeon

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 25, 2018
I placed two resurrection orders - one on January 1 and the other on January 18. I have not received either order yet.

Wow, that is quite the delay. Have you contacted Claire about that yet?

Honestly, I appreciate the (mostly) transparency about the general delay in processing time, but that's a huge turn off for me about the brand. I'll probably always keep around some Last Exit for the Lost and Pyromancy, but the wait time makes me not want to try anything new. I don't like to blind buy and it makes the situation worse when the samples alone will take over a month to show up. My thoughts are that she should either raise prices enough to cover another assistant's wages (and lower order volumes) or close up the shop periodically to catch up. I have never run across another brand, even indie, that constantly has that kind of delay.

Juxtapozbliss

Author, Artist & Creative Director
Basenotes Plus
Nov 3, 2016
Wow, that is quite the delay. Have you contacted Claire about that yet?

Honestly, I appreciate the (mostly) transparency about the general delay in processing time, but that's a huge turn off for me about the brand. I'll probably always keep around some Last Exit for the Lost and Pyromancy, but the wait time makes me not want to try anything new. I don't like to blind buy and it makes the situation worse when the samples alone will take over a month to show up. My thoughts are that she should either raise prices enough to cover another assistant's wages (and lower order volumes) or close up the shop periodically to catch up. I have never run across another brand, even indie, that constantly has that kind of delay.

Slumberhouse is another solo house with a lot of ordering and shipping issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

junior_surgeon

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 25, 2018
Slumberhouse is another solo house with a lot of ordering and shipping issues.

Absolutely, but Slumberhouse deals with it by closing the shop to only accommodate a certain number of orders. When you do get a chance to order, you know that it's going to be there within 2 weeks. Not a fantastic situation there either, but 3rd party retailers are also periodically stocked to ease the strain.

In 2018 I ordered a bottle from Slumberhouse and it didn't show up for 4 weeks. When I emailed Josh about it, he apologized profusely and told me he there was a system error. Two days later I received my bottle, a complimentary bottle, and a 15ml mini. Still got the order within a month.

I do respect Claire and have a huge appreciation for her perfumes, but I don't care much for her business model.

Blizzard

Jul 5, 2017
I have not contacted Claire yet, mainly because the Sixteen92 website states that 295 resurrection orders are now pending. I ordered $304 worth of frags (15 different bottles in total), so there is a good chance that at least one selection in each order is not finished brewing yet. Like Okumichi, I will give it a little more time before I contact her.

Juxtapozbliss

Basenotes Plus
Nov 3, 2016
Absolutely, but Slumberhouse deals with it by closing the shop to only accommodate a certain number of orders. When you do get a chance to order, you know that it's going to be there within 2 weeks. Not a fantastic situation there either, but 3rd party retailers are also periodically stocked to ease the strain.

In 2018 I ordered a bottle from Slumberhouse and it didn't show up for 4 weeks. When I emailed Josh about it, he apologized profusely and told me he there was a system error. Two days later I received my bottle, a complimentary bottle, and a 15ml mini. Still got the order within a month.

I do respect Claire and have a huge appreciation for her perfumes, but I don't care much for her business model.

I think Slumberhouse issues and his communication is not as consistent as you describe here. I've read of numerous different complaints. At any rate her administrative processes could definitely use an upgrade.

yellowtone

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Aug 27, 2016
Ha, my sample set FINALLY arrived today, just in time for my vacation! I've disregarded the 3 day waiting period (such a rebel) and am wearing Bruise Violet on one arm and Blood & Honey on the other, which was probably not so wise; boy they're strong! But I like them very much so far, especially Bruise Violet. There's a surprisingly bright pink rose in there that plays beautifully alongside the powder and lipsticky wax of the violet/orris combination.

Juxtapozbliss

Basenotes Plus
Nov 3, 2016
Ha, my sample set FINALLY arrived today, just in time for my vacation! I've disregarded the 3 day waiting period (such a rebel) and am wearing Bruise Violet on one arm and Blood & Honey on the other, which was probably not so wise; boy they're strong! But I like them very much so far, especially Bruise Violet. There's a surprisingly bright pink rose in there that plays beautifully alongside the powder and lipsticky wax of the violet/orris combination.

Hah! Nice. It probably spent 3 days in the mail anyway. I believe Bruise Violet is her award-winner scent. Glad you're enjoying it. I found Blood & Honey to be the most authentic honeysuckle/honey scents I've ever smelled.

yellowtone

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Aug 27, 2016
Hah! Nice. It probably spent 3 days in the mail anyway. I believe Bruise Violet is her award-winner scent. Glad you're enjoying it. I found Blood & Honey to be the most authentic honeysuckle/honey scents I've ever smelled.

Wahaha, try 6 weeks and change! BV is excellent. I was hoping for honeysuckle from Blood & Honey, but it is mainly honey on me.

Blizzard

Jul 5, 2017
will do :thumbsup: I understand things are hectic I will reach out to them again in a week or two.

Okumichi - Have you heard back from Sixteen92 yet? I just submitted my first status request on my orders from 1/1/20 and 1/18/20, as neither one has shipped yet. The website continues to state that 295 Resurrection orders are still pending. The site also mentions that bottle and other supply/workflow issues have caused delays.

Juxtapozbliss

Basenotes Plus
Nov 3, 2016
Okumichi - Have you heard back from Sixteen92 yet? I just submitted my first status request on my orders from 1/1/20 and 1/18/20, as neither one has shipped yet. The website continues to state that 295 Resurrection orders are still pending. The site also mentions that bottle and other supply/workflow issues have caused delays.

Dang that’s frustrating.

Okumichi

Jul 2, 2020
I haven't heard back from them and I haven't tried reaching out again either. I see in their Get In Touch section they posted a message saying to reach out again if an email isn't answered within 4 days and apologizing for missed emails, so I will reach out to them again soon.

Blizzard

Jul 5, 2017
I received a quick and kind response from Claire with apologies and an explanation. She is going to send me the fragrances that are complete. This has been a tough year for everyone, and I have never experienced any problems with Sixteen92 in the past. I am not worried about the situation and am more than satisfied with Claire’s response.

Juxtapozbliss

Basenotes Plus
Nov 3, 2016
I received a quick and kind response from Claire with apologies and an explanation. She is going to send me the fragrances that are complete. This has been a tough year for everyone, and I have never experienced any problems with Sixteen92 in the past. I am not worried about the situation and am more than satisfied with Claire’s response.

That's good to hear. Thanks for the update.

Okumichi

Jul 2, 2020

How did you get in contact with Claire? I used the Get In Touch page on their website and submitted my second email days ago and have received no response so far, will give it a few more days before I try a third time.

Blizzard

Jul 5, 2017
How did you get in contact with Claire? I used the Get In Touch page on their website and submitted my second email days ago and have received no response so far, will give it a few more days before I try a third time.

I used the Contact Us form on the website.

Kitty2Shoes

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 17, 2016
For Circle members got an email that Fall & Halloween collection Circle boxes will begin shipping out this weekend. I've been blocked from their Circle Facebook page (still) and not allowed on their regular Facebook page either, so I have no idea what the perfume concept will be for these.

And yes, I'm still here. I asked for my account to be shut down and it didn't happen, came here today and found my password still worked.

Juxtapozbliss

Basenotes Plus
Nov 3, 2016
For Circle members got an email that Fall & Halloween collection Circle boxes will begin shipping out this weekend. I've been blocked from their Circle Facebook page (still) and not allowed on their regular Facebook page either, so I have no idea what the perfume concept will be for these.

And yes, I'm still here. I asked for my account to be shut down and it didn't happen, came here today and found my password still worked.

Oh boy ... Well thank you for the update. I wish you luck and peace whether you go or stay.

Kitty2Shoes

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 17, 2016
I think I'll be here still. Looks like the mania that happen a few months prior on their website has sorta blown over.

For those who want to know, whoever runs their Facebook account told me they didn't want business from people like me, meaning I have a number of family members in law enforcement and/or police and I was attacked for this reason alone. They wrongly assumed these family members are white men and I was called a pile of trash and Sixteen92 agreed with it. I will leave it at that.

SOOOOO....

Got my delivery today of Halloween 2020 and memento mori.

Halloween 2020 -

0001 CEMETERY LANE
Crunchy decaying leaves, burning cedar and pine tar, crumbling limestone, deadly nightshade, desiccated herbs, chilly autumn rain

DEAD MAN'S CURVE
Pipe tobacco, smooth cognac, ebony woods, oakmoss, warm clove, black wool, a rapier wit

JUST A CURSE. HAVE A NICE DAY!
Dusty tea leaves, ancient musks, inky patchouli, rare spices, a smattering of ritual incense

QUERIDA
Blood red roses, Ceylon cinnamon, smouldering resins, sensual golden amber, and an ethereal swirl of opium

THIS IS MY COSTUME
An autumnal cornucopia of sugar pumpkin, smoked vanilla, maple sap, honeycrisp apple, coffee liqueur, and blackened marshmallow

MEMENTO MORI -
five new fragrances inspired by iconic cemeteries 'round the world

Cimetière du Père Lachaise - Paris, France
Faded lipstick, moss-covered brick, hazy morning fog, discarded petals, packed dirt, chestnut wood, distant chimney smoke

Highgate Cemetery - London, England
Earl Grey tea, lavender sprigs, juniper berry, ivy, gravel, crumbling cobblestones, delicate fallen leaves & soft mittens

Hollywood Forever Cemetery - Los Angeles, California
Glamorous satin and soft feather fringe, black fig, orris, tonka, bourbon on the rocks, smoked cardamom, cold marble

Lafayette Cemetery No 1 - New Orleans, Louisiana
White mandevilla, sooty dragon’s blood, wild datura, wrought iron gates, muddy clay, living moss, chicory root, bone dust, chalk

Panteón Viejo de Xoxocotlán - Oaxaca, Mexico
Wreaths of marigold & cockscomb, dusty cocoa, canela, sugar cube, flickering votives, honey cakes

The stand outs for me at least are: Lafarette Cemetery No. 1, Panteon Viejo de Xoxocotlan, Just a Curse, Have a Nice Day!, Querida, and This is My Costume. I would say the ones I thought I would love based on the notes turned out to not be so. Currently wearing This is My Costume which opened up huge with the apple notes and settled down to a nice burnt sugar and vanilla base.

At this time I will not be supporting their business due to Sixteen92's behavior and insulting their customers who don't agree with their political beliefs, but that is not for this forum.

Okumichi

Jul 2, 2020
Received my resurrection order! I got a bottle of Black Tourmaline and am really happy with it after the first wear. I got the suede, sweetness and a charred wood vibe, spice and it smelled a little rubbery/medicinal too. Look forward to wearing it in the cold weather! I got a bottle of The Raven as well but have yet to try it.

Blizzard

Jul 5, 2017
Received my resurrection order! I got a bottle of Black Tourmaline and am really happy with it after the first wear. I got the suede, sweetness and a charred wood vibe, spice and it smelled a little rubbery/medicinal too. Look forward to wearing it in the cold weather! I got a bottle of The Raven as well but have yet to try it.

Good to hear! I received The Raven also but have not gotten the chance to wear it yet.

Juxtapozbliss

Basenotes Plus
Nov 3, 2016
Good to hear! I received The Raven also but have not gotten the chance to wear it yet.

Nice! Congrats to you both.

Juxtapozbliss

Basenotes Plus
Nov 3, 2016
Last Exit for the Lost alert! Got an email from Claire that it's finally back in stock so I snapped up a 30ML bottle. I also snagged another 7.5ML of Aeromancy (she's sold out of the 30MLs unfortunately). Two of my favorites.

Okumichi

Jul 2, 2020
Have you worn The Raven yet? I sprayed it for the first time the other night and found the opening to be lovely, I was actually shocked because while waiting for the order to arrive I was unsure if I even wanted The Raven anymore. I found it to be really beautiful though, she does a great job with the note descriptions I could picture everything she listed throughout my wearing.

Blizzard

Jul 5, 2017
Have you worn The Raven yet? I sprayed it for the first time the other night and found the opening to be lovely, I was actually shocked because while waiting for the order to arrive I was unsure if I even wanted The Raven anymore. I found it to be really beautiful though, she does a great job with the note descriptions I could picture everything she listed throughout my wearing.

I am still working my way through the scents, as I have purchased way too many fragrances lately! Tonight/tomorrow is Precognition. Precognition is a solid scent and a little surprising because the fruit (labeled as “dried harvest fruit”) is a little juicier than I expected. I mainly smell harvest fruits with a bit of smokey wood to round out the fragrance. In any event, I should be trying The Raven soon. I agree with your assessment of Claire’s note descriptions.

Blizzard

Jul 5, 2017
I decided to wear The Raven tonight and tomorrow. Upon my initial spray, the strongly spiced and dark apple/plum accord fills the air. After a while, the tea note begins to appear, blending evenly with the other notes. I definitely enjoy this one.

Juxtapozbliss

Basenotes Plus
Nov 3, 2016
Received my bottles of Last Exit for the Lost and Aeromancy, along with a free sample of We're Werewolves not Swearwolves. Tried it this morning. I don't dislike it, but it's not my favorite. It's pleasant enough. Bready and a bit woody but generally soft and a bit muddled. In many cases here "atmospheric" quality works well, but I don't get anything concrete here to hang my nose on. Oh well, very pleased to have a 30ML of Last Exit!

Juxtapozbliss

Basenotes Plus
Nov 3, 2016
I haven't tried anything from SIXTEEN92 but I sure am enjoying this thread.

Hah, thanks Tril! It's a quirky artisanal house...with unfortunately long wait periods. At least it's a bit more consistent and reliable than Slumberhouse. This has been a great thread overall however I think since COVID hit, interest has dropped off a bit. Timing was really weird. I didn't rejoin the Circle Club (Sixteen92 loyalty subscription plan) myself when it was time to renew this year because it came up right when COVID hit, and I was worried about my job.

Juxtapozbliss

Basenotes Plus
Nov 3, 2016
Did anyone else pick up Claire's re-release of Last Exit for the Lost? I noticed that she went with a light brown color instead of the original green. I'm slightly disappointed, I think the green was a fresher "granny smith" color that complemented the fragrance better.

junior_surgeon

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 25, 2018
Did anyone else pick up Claire's re-release of Last Exit for the Lost? I noticed that she went with a light brown color instead of the original green. I'm slightly disappointed, I think the green was a fresher "granny smith" color that complemented the fragrance better.

That's a little disappointing, that's my favorite from the line and I'm running low, and I completely agree about the green being complementary. Any noticeable difference in the smell?

Juxtapozbliss

Basenotes Plus
Nov 3, 2016
That's a little disappointing, that's my favorite from the line and I'm running low, and I completely agree about the green being complementary. Any noticeable difference in the smell?

I've been letting the new bottle sit before using it but since you asked, I decided to try them on opposite wrists and see if I could tell the difference. The distinction is subtle. I would say that if you put my feet the fire, that the new blend is slightly warmer in the opening. I get a little bit more wood and a little less apple. As it dries down they become more similar. I have noticed her perfumes age well and strengthen over time so I'll have to test again in a couple of week.

The color difference:

Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 2.09.23 PM.jpg

junior_surgeon

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 25, 2018
I've been letting the new bottle sit before using it but since you asked, I decided to try them on opposite wrists and see if I could tell the difference. The distinction is subtle. I would say that if you put my feet the fire, that the new blend is slightly warmer in the opening. I get a little bit more wood and a little less apple. As it dries down they become more similar. I have noticed her perfumes age well and strengthen over time so I'll have to test again in a couple of week.

The color difference:

View attachment 137147

Thanks for the insight, sounds like I (and my wife) would prefer the older version, so hopefully my bottle lasts a while yet!

Juxtapozbliss

Basenotes Plus
Nov 3, 2016
It's been a while since this thread was active. I think when COVID hit, I sheltered in place with all my fragrances and haven't really been exploring much new. But I did just get an email from theme with their Spring collection, now available:

The SPRING 2021 COLLECTION
Five "superstellar" ;) new fragrances inspired by constellations and the night sky. Available in Perfume oil extrait (including discovery sets), Parfum (7.5ml and 30ml), and SuperNatural Hair Serum

🦅 AQUILA (the Eagle) Juniper, chilled white tea, mountain laurel, soft cotton, airy musks

👑 CASSIOPEIA (the Queen) Fruit preserves, rose absolute, quince flower, blond tobacco, golden amber liqueurs

🎼 LYRA (the Harp) Misty aldehydes, mandora blossom, spring hyacinth, forsythia, new leaves, melted snow (Premium)

🦄 MONOCEROS (the Unicorn) Sweet peach, sugar cane, coconut cream, almond paste, silken musks

🦊 VULPECULA (the Fox) Pools of rainwater, soaked pebbles, tomato leaf, decaying tree bark, wild brambles, dusty fur

Latest posts

Latest News